• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

I see the promised mass civil disobedience that not leaving the EU would create has started..

Five people have been arrested at the pro-Brexit March to Leave demonstration in London, police say.

The Metropolitan Police said two people were arrested for assault, one for being drunk and disorderly, and another for assaulting a police officer.

A fifth person was held after they were identified as being wanted for an offence in Hertfordshire.

edgy stuff...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/five-arrested-at-brexit-march-as-protesters-descend-on-downing-street/ar-BBVpejt?ocid=spartandhp

I know Guided Missile loves a line graph so I am sure he'd have wanted to post this one up. But I'll save him the trouble.

Yes but when Deutsche Bank goes bust along with the rest of the European banking system it will all be different. Piano wire salesmen will be making a fortune.

Yes but when Deutsche Bank goes bust along with the rest of the European banking system it will all be different. Piano wire salesmen will be making a fortune.

You can hear the resonation of Angela Merkel's doors from here, with all those German car manufacturers beating their hands to a pulp against them.

I know Guided Missile loves a line graph so I am sure he'd have wanted to post this one up. But I'll save him the trouble.

Soon there will be a bus travelling round the country with 'Brexit will take £350 million from our NHS every week' emblazoned on the side of it.

Correlation does not equal causation, matey boy. Here's a graph for you.

Germany Manufacturing PMI plummets to 80-month low of 44.1 (47.6 - Feb), levels not seen since Eurozone sovereign debt crisis. Weak demand continues to harm German goods producers:

D3DqCDGXcAA-wul.jpg

I could say Germany is adversely affected by its membership of the EU, but that would be total cr@p, like comparing the UK's real GDP growth with Germany, Luxembourg and the US. I mean, what a crock...

Germany Manufacturing PMI plummets to 80-month low of 44.1 (47.6 - Feb), levels not seen since Eurozone sovereign debt crisis. Weak demand continues to harm German goods producers:

D3DqCDGXcAA-wul.jpg

I could say Germany is adversely affected by its membership of the EU, but that would be total cr@p, like comparing the UK's real GDP growth with Germany, Luxembourg and the US. I mean, what a crock...

But what point are you making with this graph - what is the effect on the UK, whether inside or outside of the EU? Or is it a completely different point you're making?

Morning John. You should probably lay off the charts and the big words without understanding what they mean pal. Then again knowing again your diverse knowledge and interests (bedroom chemistry and bankruptcy law apart), for all I know you could mastermind it on synthetic control methods.

In other news, UK manufacturing PMI has shot up because factories are stockpiling at record levels because of the feared carnage of a no-deal exit.

Edited by shurlock

the UK one looks a lot tidier,

Tidiness is important in a graph f'sure. Personally I'm a wee bit more concerned by the fact that German business confidence has generally been on an upward swing whereas British confidence has been in negative territory for most of the past three years

You should lookl at the scales on those graphs we are 120 points lower in confidence!

(yes I know that they are on some different basis, but on a serious note unless normalized against each other or being on a common framework its kind of stupid to compare)

on a serious note unless normalized against each other or being on a common framework its kind of stupid to compare)

Not really. Although the methodologies are different both show are based on confidence being higher or lower than 'normal'. Normal in the German survey is 100 and in the UK its zero. Germany is trending higher than normal and Britain is lower.

So the Conservative Chief Whip bluntly admitting the 2017 GE was a rejection of a hard Brexit and required the party to craft a softer compromise. Things went off the rails as soon as the government and jihadists failed or refused to understand the consequences of this stark parliamentary arithmetic. Les et al. had numerous meltdowns on here whenever this fact was brought to their attention. Poor buggers must be going through hell right now :lol:

Please remind us - What was the nature of the bet ?

Around three years ago Wes was saying we'd be free, get our sovereignty back, be richer, not have to pay etc - the usual Brexit gumph. I said we wouldn't because we'd end up like Norway, a rule taker and the benefits didn't outweigh the costs. We had a £50 bet for charity on who was right.

It’s certainly no coincidence that Les ran away and left the thread when the going got tough.

As he loves the idea of another war no doubt, imagine him in the trenches.

What has happened to Duck? Is he marching with Farage? Or on sexual harassment charge keeping him off social media?

Hello everyone.

Yesterday I posted a link to a graph suggesting that Brexit has cost the UK economy £360m a week since the vote.

I now have other information that suggests this is completely incorrect and for that I can only apologise.

Here is the more accurate information.

Again, sorry.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1RD25N?__twitter_impression=true

A clean sweep of no’s again. A permanent CU lost by 3 votes. What a s**tshow.

I guess that means they get another go at Tessie's horlicks of a proposal.

( Either that or the HoC secretly want to go over the cliff edge by default, but in such a way that they can each claim individually, in the manner of John Belushi to Carrie Fisher in the Blues Brothers, "...it wasn't my fault" )

Edited by badgerx16

I guess that means they get another go at Tessie's horlicks of a proposal.

( Either that or the HoC secretly want to go over the cliff edge by default, but in such a way that they can each claim individually, in the manner of John Belushi to Carrie Fisher in the Blues Brothers, "...it wasn't my fault" )

Pro-referendum MPs voting against a CU and Common Market 2.0 because while they find the options preferable to no deal or May’s WA, they fall short of their preferred people’s vote. Ditto Common Market 2.0 supporters opposing the CU option. The inability to compromise is rife on all sides.

Edited by shurlock

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction