• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

Two piquant quotes today

1. I said to one cabinet minister: "So why is the Prime Minister holding a vote when she's pretty sure she's going to lose?"' 'Using very strong language this cabinet minister said to me "F*** knows! I'm past caring. It's like the living dead in here. "Theresa May is the sole architect of this mess. It is her inability to engage in the most basic human interactions that brought us here. Cabinet has totally broken down, ministers say their bit. She gives nothing away. One side thinks X will happen. The other side think Y will happen. And the Prime Minister decides on Z."

2. Emily Maitlis told minister Tobias Ellwood: 'You're putting back on the table a horse so dead, flogged to death, it's practically a glue stick.'

Edited by buctootim

Two piquant quotes today

1. I said to one cabinet minister: "So why is the Prime Minister holding a vote when she's pretty sure she's going to lose?"' 'Using very strong language this cabinet minister said to me "F*** knows! I'm past caring. It's like the living dead in here". "Theresa May is the sole architect of this mess. It is her inability to engage in the most basic human interactions that brought us here. Cabinet has totally broken down, ministers say their bit. She gives nothing away. One side thinks X will happen. The other side think Y will happen. And the Prime Minister decides on Z."

2. Emily Maitlis told minister Tobias Ellwood: 'You're putting back on the table a horse so dead, flogged to death, it's practically a glue stick.'

Quote 1 has been her modus operandi long before she became PM - bar the jihadists, I can't think of someone less equipped or qualified for the job.

So the leave rally in London ( well technically two leave rallies) numbered a few thousand a week after a million where marching to support remain. .

Apparently when it was revealed that May' s deal had been shot shot down again half the crowd cheered and the half shouted shame [emoji1787]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

There was an opinion poll in NI showing large majorities for remain amongst both loyalist and nationalists - keeping the border open is a big deal to both communities.

If they joined the Indicative vote on a customs union option, it could get interesting. Would be RIP the Tory party.

The Curtice poll shows what an abysmal leader Corbyn is. Anyone else would be getting an 100 seat majority. Labour members have to choose whether they want power or lots of Marxist and anti-Semitic rallies.

Leave showing what it and it’s advocates really are - Tommy Sheridan, Farage, Francois, surprised Nick Griffin wasn’t there as well. Just his company. Leave camp = racism or in minority of cases self interest eg Boris and JRM. Now those duo have shot their bolt with the absolute hardcore like Francois, Baker and even more loony, that crazy MP for Fareham.

Is Wes not back yet? I'm sure he said he'd be back to gloat on 29th March.

Shurlock posted a picture of him at the rally of him a couple of hours ago.

Although I say rally, but Pompey took more than to Wigan. A million people it wasn’t.

So the leave rally in London ( well technically two leave rallies) numbered a few thousand a week after a million where marching to support remain. .

Apparently when it was revealed that May' s deal had been shot shot down again half the crowd cheered and the half shouted shame [emoji1787]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

At least they all knew exactly what they voted for.

What happened - I thought everyone would be 'gobbling' this deal up, gobble, gobble, nom, nom....
Boris - swallowed it.

Rees-Mogg - swallowed it

Duncan Smith - swallowed it

Raab - swallowed it

Davis - swallowed it weeks ago

All those gorgeous butch Brexit heart throbs whose take-no-prisoners negotiation strategy would definitely stick it right up those evil Eurocrats have all crumbled, collapsed and capitulated to Theresa fu cking May.

But yep, not enough.

Fair fu cking play for dins like Francois and Bill Cash and the rest of them sticking to their principles. The principle that they want Brexit but only if someone else votes for it so they can spend the next 30 years blaming the EU for every bad thing that ever happens and blather on about it not being the perfect Brexit they wanted.

Anyway, they may well live to regret that and pine for the deal they said no to.

In other news, the DUP come out for maybe, just maybe, revoke.

Edited by CB Fry

The next round of votes should take into account the most voted for options last Wednesday and be set up in a way that doesn't allow MPs to vote for nothing:

Vote 1: May's deal vs Permanent Customs Union

Vote 2: Winner of Vote 1 vs 2nd Referendum (which would be Winner of Vote 1 vs Remain)

Leave showing what it and it’s advocates really are - Tommy Sheridan, Farage, Francois, surprised Nick Griffin wasn’t there as well. Just his company. Leave camp = racism or in minority of cases self interest eg Boris and JRM. Now those duo have shot their bolt with the absolute hardcore like Francois, Baker and even more loony, that crazy MP for Fareham.

Ironic ?

The next round of votes should take into account the most voted for options last Wednesday and be set up in a way that doesn't allow MPs to vote for nothing:

Vote 1: May's deal vs Permanent Customs Union

Vote 2: Winner of Vote 1 vs 2nd Referendum (which would be Winner of Vote 1 vs Remain)

Put all four on a wheel of fortune and just spin it round. Job done.

There was an opinion poll in NI showing large majorities for remain amongst both loyalist and nationalists - keeping the border open is a big deal to both communities.

The NI issue is reason enough to have a second refurendum, it was barely mentioned before the last vote.

The NI issue is reason enough to have a second refurendum, it was barely mentioned before the last vote.

What happens if another referendum provides a very similar or even more narrow result?

What if leave win again but by 0.1%?

End of chat, leave on no deal?

It was covered. Tony Blair and John Major did a media day in the province during the campaign. People didn't want to listen.

You probably missed it because you were too busy ranting on about how you wanted to leave the EU to stick it to Goldman Sachs.

What happens if another referendum provides a very similar or even more narrow result?

What if leave win again but by 0.1%?

End of chat, leave on no deal?

May deal vs Customs union free vote is the way to unlock it. Second referendum would expose all of Leave’s lies and illegalities from last time and the electorate knows so much more about the issues now but the atmosphere would be toxic during and after the campaign. I mean possibly even more so than now! Brexiteers had their chance today but a hardcore are too greedy around No Deal obsession and might have blown their opportunity. Either May deal or CU still meets the referendum outcome.

I just hate the atmosphere and what we are seeing - SNP now insisting on single market as well as CU, two main parties destroyed by extremism, Neo Nazis like Sheridan and hangers on like Farage with their supporters wearing Trump hats. May’s obsession with migration targets fuelled this atmosphere as Home Secretary and Cameron’s austerity. Corbyn is hopeless, and leading a strongly pro Remain party with a Leave fringe in the North. He looks as comfortable as a Pompey fan in full kit standing in the Northam. The stench of anti Semitic

Was it all worth wrecking a country (the bitterness and hatred) and its economy (overseas investment at a ten year low) economy over to save UKIP winning a few poxy seats David Cameron? There won’t be a country left worth having sovereignty over.

It was covered. Tony Blair and John Major did a media day in the province during the campaign. People didn't want to listen.

You probably missed it because you were too busy ranting on about how you wanted to leave the EU to stick it to Goldman Sachs.

It was obviously discussed but it wasn’t exactly high up the agenda, whereas now it is a major issue.

I’ve never once mentioned Goldman Sachs you bellend. You are just wrong all the time on here aren’t you?

Edited by aintforever

It was obviously discussed but it wasn’t exactly high up the agenda, whereas now it is a major issue.

I’ve never once mentioned Goldman Sachs you bellend. You are just wrong all the time on here aren’t you?

Strange thing to say on a day when a sizeable raft of Brexiteers who described May's deal as "vassalage", being in a slave state" and various versions of the worst deal in history eventually decided to vote for it after all, which is something I said would happen.

Not quite as many as I'd thought but unfortunately I cannot account for their, or for your, complete idiocy.

Still you bottled out of voting in the referendum so why the fu ck do you keep popping up on here? No vote, no say for the gutless.

Edited by CB Fry

Strange thing to say on a day when a sizeable raft of Brexiteers who described May's deal as "vassalage", being in a slave state" and various versions of the worst deal in history eventually decided to vote for it after all, which is something I said would happen.

Not quite as many as I'd thought but unfortunately I cannot account for their, or for your, complete idiocy.

Still you bottled out of voting in the referendum so why the fu ck do you keep popping up on here? No vote, no say for the gutless.

It got rejected by 58 votes, wasn’t even close.

May hopes to hold fourth vote on Brexit deal

She's planning to doggedly work her way through the ordinal numbers and break the world record for the number of votes on the same question whilst steadfastly ignoring all voices other than the one in her head. May's hero is Geoffrey Boycott and if he were Prime Minister it's probably exactly how he would behave too.

Yes. Because having absolutely no clearer majority/mandate will mean parliament will allow the PM to do what ever they like.

Great idea

There isn’t a majority in Parliament for anything. The Deal on the table is pretty much as good as it will get, maybe amend it to Ken Clarke’s proposal and put it to the country and take the whole thing out of Parliament’s hands.

If the country still wants to leave it takes effect the day after the referendum and the government negotiates the trade deal going forward.

There isn’t a majority in Parliament for anything. The Deal on the table is pretty much as good as it will get, maybe amend it to Ken Clarke’s proposal and put it to the country and take the whole thing out of Parliament’s hands.

If the country still wants to leave it takes effect the day after the referendum and the government negotiates the trade deal going forward.

A slim majority to leave will not stop those against Brexit from their efforts

Nothing will change.

:lol:

Diverse bunch these kippers.

They were all imbeciles. I walked through them last night, down Whitehall, across Parliament Square and along College Green, and it's hard to imagine any other circumstance in which such a horde of sad sacks would be drawn together in one place. There were only two types. Hardcore, ferociously angry EDL supporters; and hardcore, ferociously angry OAPs, who all, oddly, seemed to be wearing white mops on their heads.

And yes, unlike the remoaner march, they were resolutely all white and almost all men. Violence was always an inch away, and their hatred of anyone not them was palpable.

They were all imbeciles. I walked through them last night, down Whitehall, across Parliament Square and along College Green, and it's hard to imagine any other circumstance in which such a horde of sad sacks would be drawn together in one place. There were only two types. Hardcore, ferociously angry EDL supporters; and hardcore, ferociously angry OAPs, who all, oddly, seemed to be wearing white mops on their heads.

And yes, unlike the remoaner march, they were resolutely all white and almost all men. Violence was always an inch away, and their hatred of anyone not them was palpable.

That’s why old people shouldn’t have been allowed to vote.

The fact there hasn't been a single major poll showing a leave majority for over two years now suggests it is.

Were there any that showed a leave majority in the run up to the referendum - I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure they all had remain for the win. Didn't the bookies have it at something like 3/1 for leave and 1/2 for remain?

Were there any that showed a leave majority in the run up to the referendum - I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure they all had remain for the win. Didn't the bookies have it at something like 3/1 for leave and 1/2 for remain?

Quite. The result was a pretty seismic shock, especially considering the overwhelming media coverage of a foregone conclusion in Remain's favour. I don't remember anybody seriously suggesting that a leave vote was likely, or even conceivable.

Were there any that showed a leave majority in the run up to the referendum

There were. If you look at the polls for the past five years or so they show remain consistently until about a month or so before and about six months after.

20180623_WOC220.png

This article is good. Although written from a remain perspective the poll of poll numbers speak for themselves

https://theferret.scot/brexit-poll-analysis-backs-remain/

Edited by buctootim

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction