• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

I think people easily swallow the caricature. Yes teachers hated him but he is actually quite an interesting character more principled than many...especially Boris.
It's called a difference of opinion, hardly makes me clueless because I trust him less than you do. He's the one who supposedly believed in brexit yet is happy to stick with this terrible deal. That certainly doesn't make him principled. Look at someone like Ken Clark. I disagree with him but he's been entirely consistent from the start about what he believes and you can't help but respect that.

It's called a difference of opinion, hardly makes me clueless because I trust him less than you do. He's the one who supposedly believed in brexit yet is happy to stick with this terrible deal. That certainly doesn't make him principled. Look at someone like Ken Clark. I disagree with him but he's been entirely consistent from the start about what he believes and you can't help but respect that.

Fair enough and yeah clueless was a classless response unwarranted

Has anyone actually read a workable solution for NI. This will be the downfall, as I think it is actually unimplementable (not sure if word).

The DUP will not accept any pony. Forget about their fear of a Corbyn Government, they’ll fear a weakening of The Union far far more.

Arlene Foster tonight

bfa119308bd6d196b999a77828d5c0ae.jpg

Clearly nobody knows what the “deal” is yet, but they’ll bring the government down if needs be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's going to be a mess either way. Just imagine they do manage to get another referendum and remain wins. There's going to be millions of massively p+ssed off people that aren't going to just disappear. It's going to be an ugly time to live in this country for the foreseeable future no matter what happens.

Has anyone actually read a workable solution for NI. This will be the downfall, as I think it is actually unimplementable (not sure if word).
No.

The one thing that the Brexiteers avoid talking about is that their Canada plus plus deal does not solve Ireland either.

Ultimately the UK is still trying to have a trade-off to-and-fro "negotiation", while the EU is just working through the implications of a nation leaving a rules based union/market, with those rules fixed and unchanged. This is why they haven't "conceded" anything. Because they don't really see it as a negotiation, just the application of a process.

Cross-purposes, and two years of it.

It's going to be a mess either way. Just imagine they do manage to get another referendum and remain wins. There's going to be millions of massively p+ssed off people that aren't going to just disappear. It's going to be an ugly time to live in this country for the foreseeable future no matter what happens.

Yeah, but it won't half be funny seeing their angry little faces.

Careful what you wish for - you might find yourself strung up from a utility pole (GM) or get your face smashed in (Les).

Or you might be patronised to death by Shurlock, who by the way will not be able to find one single threat by me to smash anybody's face in. Come on, Shurlock, put up or shut up.

Or you might be patronised to death by Shurlock, who by the way will not be able to find one single threat by me to smash anybody's face in. Come on, Shurlock, put up or shut up.

Sorry you mentioned rearranging my face.

Unless you’re a plastic surgeon Les (and I have bit of a schnoz), others were under no doubt what you meant (page 81).

Sorry you mentioned rearranging my face.

Unless you’re a plastic surgeon Les (and I have bit of a schnoz), others were under no doubt what you meant (page 81).

What, this one?

More insults and you look ever more juvenile. As a rule of thumb on here, you should consider that if you used this sort of infantile playground stuff to insult somebody you were talking to in a pub, you would have had your face rearranged long ago.

Was watching Good Morning Britain today, my god its a mess. Whoever the Labour women on there was needed shooting, couldn't answer a question straight and has the cheek to say the Tories are in turmoil over Brexit, when their leader states it cannot be reversed but the rest of his shadow cabinet say it can be. Had some moron asking for a peoples vote, basically until he gets the outcome he wants and Nigel Farage lording it up in Strasbourg saying how terrible the EU are.

I was also sick that I agree with Piers Morgan on one point, that we've already had a election, which had one of the highest turnouts in voting history in the this country, and rightly or wrongly the majority voted leave, so just get on with it.

I highly doubt T.Bot will survive this, last time this sort of thing happened Maggie got the boot. Utter shambolic mess and will create a whole new generation of non voters, and sadly I am now one of them.

No.

The one thing that the Brexiteers avoid talking about is that their Canada plus plus deal does not solve Ireland either.

Ultimately the UK is still trying to have a trade-off to-and-fro "negotiation", while the EU is just working through the implications of a nation leaving a rules based union/market, with those rules fixed and unchanged. This is why they haven't "conceded" anything. Because they don't really see it as a negotiation, just the application of a process.

Cross-purposes, and two years of it.

You can’t solve it unless you stay in or accept a fudge. The whole status of NI & the GFA is a fudge. It’s allowed republicans to think they’re Irish & the Unionists to think they’re part of the UK. This fudge worked whilst The UK & Eire we’re both in the EU and both in or out of Schengen together. It won’t work now unless there’s another dose of fudge, but the EU won’t buy that (not that I blame them, it’s in their interests not to).

I suspect most Leave voters couldn’t give a shiny Shiite about NI or the border, and personally I’d be quite happy with a United Ireland. However most Leave political bods are Unionists to their core and the Government rely on the DUP to govern. In a normal parliament May would have stitched the DUP up, and applied fudge on the British/NI border, but she can’t because her government will fall. If May hadn’t lost her majority by campaigning so ineptly, this wouldn’t be a big issue imo.

You can’t solve it unless you stay in or accept a fudge. The whole status of NI & the GFA is a fudge. It’s allowed republicans to think they’re Irish & the Unionists to think they’re part of the UK. This fudge worked whilst The UK & Eire we’re both in the EU and both in or out of Schengen together. It won’t work now unless there’s another dose of fudge, but the EU won’t buy that (not that I blame them, it’s in their interests not to).

I suspect most Leave voters couldn’t give a shiny Shiite about NI or the border, and personally I’d be quite happy with a United Ireland. However most Leave political bods are Unionists to their core and the Government rely on the DUP to govern. In a normal parliament May would have stitched the DUP up, and applied fudge on the British/NI border, but she can’t because her government will fall. If May hadn’t lost her majority by campaigning so ineptly, this wouldn’t be a big issue imo.

Sums up your characteristic confusion pal.

The reason May didn’t win a majority is because the electorate rejected her hardline Lancaster House vision for Brexit. Jihadists might not give a shiny shît about NI or the border but their position made the DUP more or less indispensable to May and the CP’s parliamentary survival.

In short “Shurlock trying to be funny”.

Brexiteers are those that wish to leave the EU. Jihadists are people that are involved in a jihad i.e. an Islamic militant.Those that want to stay in an EU that wants a European army, are traitors, and shurlock aka Herbert Von W@nkstain is humourless troll.

I am a moron, but that is due to 7 years attending King Edward VI school.

The term "Third Reich" was coined by Arthur Moeller van den Bruck in his 1923 book Das Dritte Reich. He defined the Holy Roman Empire (962–1806) as the "First Reich", and the German Empire (1871–1918 ) as the "Second Reich", while the "Third Reich" was an ideal state including all German peoples, including Austria.

Daily Telegraph article, before the referendum:

It is not just that our fathers and grandfathers fought in two world wars to allow Britain the right to continue to rule itself, rather than to be ruled by Germans: Mr Cameron plainly won’t admit that German domination of the EU means it has conquered without war, and signing up to the EU is signing up to the Fourth Reich.

Ask the Greeks if you think I exaggerate: Germany runs Europe without firing a shot. It forces far weaker partners to stay in a currency zone that is crippling them, and uses its economic muscle to dictate immigration and other key policies. And if you believe the Germans won’t take a UK vote to stay in as a signal to continue and intensify their control over the EU, and to make us help pay for its baleful effects, then you aren’t paying attention. It’s not war we should fear, but what the Germans do in peace.

What, this one?

Yes, exactly that one. Where does it say that I personally threatened to rearrange his face. That's right, it didn't. I have responded previously to this lie that Shurlock perpetuates by stating that I am not a violent person.

But I don't retract the opinion that if Shurlock were to use the sort of patronising and infantile name-calling in his local pub that he employs on here, then I have no doubt that somebody would punch his lights out.

Is it now clear that it is not me threatening it, or is your mind too feeble to comprehend simple English, or too Mutt and Jeff to hear?

But I don't retract the opinion that if Shurlock were to use the sort of patronising and infantile name-calling in his local pub that he employs on here, then I have no doubt that somebody would punch his lights out.

I would happily volunteer to punch Herbert's lights out and the troll knows why...

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction