• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

oh come on, all the parties have in fighting, it is just as the Tories are in power and so the press are rebel rousing. There are plenty of divisions in the Labour party but that is suppressed as it looks like Corbyn may gain them power. Had they lost the election in a bad way they would still be going for his throat

Yes they do but when in Governement they could at least portray unity. The current bunch are the worst I can remeber, my point is not party political it is the view of a non card carrying ordainary voter.

Grasping at straws again.

I'm not the only one "grasping at straws" or as some prefer to call it, "seizing opportunities":

Paul Brooks, head of manufacturing, Santander Corporate & Commercial, which also contributed to collecting the data, said: “With strong manufacturing figures reported from across the country, it is crucial that we continue to support manufacturers in all regions of the UK. Despite uncertainty around Brexit, manufacturers are seizing opportunities to increase their now more competitive exports, with the sector accounting for 44 per cent of UK exports.”

2015 was before the referendum...

Read this article (from the 1st September), referenced in the original article, to help you understand why I support our great country, instead of putting us down all the time, like you and the rest.

The data showed production rose at its steepest pace in seven months, with growth in output, new orders, employment, suppliers' delivery times and stocks of purchases. Growth in new export business and new work were both "robust", Markit added.

Read this article (from the 1st September), referenced in the original article, to help you understand why I support our great country, instead of putting us down all the time, like you and the rest.

Yes very good, you're a true patriot.

That is also (as you know) from a different article to the one you quoted in the first place. Sincere apologies for not realising that when you quoted it you were at the same time referring to all other articles on UK manufacturing.

That is also (as you know) from a different article to the one you quoted in the first place. Sincere apologies for not realising that when you quoted it you were at the same time referring to all other articles on UK manufacturing.

:lol:

Apology accepted, traitor...

Who's the simpleton, numbnuts?

You originally quoted this pal:

The UK’s manufacturing industry moved up a spot in the global league table to become the eighth largest in the world, according to the latest available data. British manufacturing is now worth $249bn (£185bn) every year, according to United Nations data collected by the EEF, a manufacturers’ lobby group. The UK leapfrogged France in the ranking, with only Germany and Italy manufacturing more in 2015 among European countries.

Notice the bit in bold?

Simpleton indeed :lol:

Has anyone studied the link between isoproturon and cognitive impairment?

...or maybe its just age and alcohol.

H332 (11.92%): Harmful if inhaled [Warning Acute toxicity, inhalation]

H351 (100%): Suspected of causing cancer [Warning Carcinogenicity]

H400 (100%): Very toxic to aquatic life [Warning Hazardous to the aquatic environment, acute hazard]

H410 (100%): Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects [Warning Hazardous to the aquatic environment, long-term hazard]

Treasury forecasts from 23rd May, 2016:

The impact of a vote to leave the EU: shock scenario

In the ‘shock’ scenario, which uses cautious assumptions and links the size of the transition effect to the central estimate of the UK adopting a negotiated bilateral agreement with the EU, GDP would be around 3.6% lower after two years compared to the forecast for continued growth after a vote to remain. Average real wages would be nearly 3% lower, which is a pay cut of almost £800 a year for someone working full time on the average wage.

500,000 UK jobs would be lost and the value of the pound would fall by around 12%. Inflation would also increase by over 2 percentage points and the value of people’s homes would be hit by 10% compared to Britain remaining in the EU, with a rise in uncertainty from current levels similar to that experienced in the UK during the early 1990s recession.

In this scenario net government borrowing would increase by around £24 billion, compared with a vote to remain.

The reality:

united-kingdom-gdp-growth.png?s=ukgrybzq&v=201708240901v&d1=20160101&d2=20171231

united-kingdom-wage-growth.png?s=unitedkinwaggro&v=201709130920v

united-kingdom-unemployment-rate.png?s=ukueilor&v=201709130833v

UK Exchange Rate

united-kingdom-real-effective-exchange-rate-index-2000--100-wb-data.png?s=gbr.px.rex.reer%3aworldbank&lbl=0&v=201709300000v

united-kingdom-housing-index.png?s=unitedkinhouind&v=201709070738v

Bumper VAT receipts have helped government borrowing to fall to its lowest August level since 2007, according to official figures. The government's deficit narrowed to £5.7bn last month, compared with £7bn a year earlier, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) said. VAT receipts rose by 5.6% from last year to £11.6bn, a record for August. For the financial year to date, the government has borrowed £28.3bn, down £0.2bn from the same point last year.

Pick the bones out of that, snowflakes...

Edited by Guided Missile

I would rather work to see the UK fail at Brexit than accept it! I see no reason why I should and get behind the process in order to make it a success, and I'd rather see the nation fail than even raise a finger to help our departure from the EU.

Sums it up really - If you're British you should be ashamed.

I would rather work to see the UK fail at Brexit than accept it! I see no reason why I should and get behind the process in order to make it a success, and I'd rather see the nation fail than even raise a finger to help our departure from the EU.

Says a lot about the type of person you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An appropriate and patriotic response.

The last time citizens' rights were threatened with forcible removal was in the second world war. The one the Brexit Jihadists keep trying to re-fight, but on the wrong side.

I've seen some utter crap spouted on this site over the years, but this stands out like a shining beacon of Grade A idiocy. We get it, you voted against and don't like the result. We understand. Nous comprenons. But wishing failure on the country and suggesting that you would actively work to promote that failure? Dear God, that is genuinely pathetic.

I've seen some utter crap spouted on this site over the years, but this stands out like a shining beacon of Grade A idiocy. We get it, you voted against and don't like the result. We understand. Nous comprenons. But wishing failure on the country and suggesting that you would actively work to promote that failure? Dear God, that is genuinely pathetic.

You need to look in the mirror. If a slight majority vote to do something idiotic it is the patriotic responsibility of the rest to change sides and help them do it? That really is witless.

Why on earth is that odd? If you believe Brexit is bad for Britain of course you want it to fail.

It's very odd wanting a nation to fail just because they chose a different direction to what he wanted. Wether you support Brexit or not you should always want what's best for your country.

His sort of attitude sums up what was so bad about the refurendum. Instead of rational debate we just got two sides getting more and more entrenched, both saying absolutely anything to try and 'win' when in the end everyone loses because any rational decision making goes out the window.

Brexiteers, remoaners - all a bunch of ****ing ****s if they value their own selfish cause over what's good for us all.

What I did was paraphrased a quote from a newspaper's comments page which pigeonholed those favouring remain thus. I object to this, and to ****as who are incapable of rational debate, treating anyone who disagrees as traitors or quislings. Just goes to prove how extreme views bring out the worst in people. Something a few Brexit Jihadists should take note of.

What I did was paraphrased a quote from a newspaper's comments page which pigeonholed those favouring remain thus. I object to this, and to ****as who are incapable of rational debate, treating anyone who disagrees as traitors or quislings. Just goes to prove how extreme views bring out the worst in people. Something a few Brexit Jihadists should take note of.

You can squirm all you like, but it still sounded to me that you wanted us, as a nation, to fail.

Unforgiveable, whatever your views on Brexit.

Why on earth is that odd? If you believe Brexit is bad for Britain of course you want it to fail.

There's a difference between wanting Brexit to fail and wanting the nation to fail. He clearly stated "I'd rather see the nation fail". **** me, how unpatriotic can you get, you'd rather hundreds of thousands of your neighbours & fellow countrymen lose their jobs,houses & futures because of an ideology. I've always felt we'd be better off outside the EU than in, but didn't want us to end up like Greece to prove my point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

"Brexit Jihadists" - that sort of language is going to help reasonable debate for sure. Comparing people who voted leave (the majority of the UK electorate) to murderers of women and kids.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction