• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

Well we have to look forward to Jeremy negotiating our countries future. All those Tory voters who thought it funny joining Labour as party members to make him leader, thinking it was funny need to take a look at themselves.

It is a circus. Jeremy isn't keen on Europe and so the Brexiteers may well get their way and we will be out, but not quite how they expected. Gibraltar, the Falklands and even Northern Ireland may be lost to us. The British Museum will lose lots of its treasures and we will spend the next 5 years apologising and paying compensation for things that have happened 100 or so years ago.

Let alone our economy badly hurt.

Well done to the Brexit voters and David Cameron

Well we have to look forward to Jeremy negotiating our countries future. All those Tory voters who thought it funny joining Labour as party members to make him leader, thinking it was funny need to take a look at themselves.

It is a circus. Jeremy isn't keen on Europe and so the Brexiteers may well get their way and we will be out, but not quite how they expected. Gibraltar, the Falklands and even Northern Ireland may be lost to us. The British Museum will lose lots of its treasures and we will spend the next 5 years apologising and paying compensation for things that have happened 100 or so years ago.

Calm down, dear. Jeremy won't be doing anything.

what the hell has the falklands got to do with any of this?

I heard he will also give back the Isle of White to Canada. SCUM

Calm down, dear. Jeremy won't be doing anything.
Perhaps I am looking on the negative side but the door is open and all those minor things to some, is just as important to others. Jeremy wants items that were said to be 'looted' be returned. The Argies think he is with them as well as Gib. As for Ireland we never know what they have on him.

All minor in the big picture but galling all the same. If Cameron had not started the Brexit vote he would never be anywhere near power but now????

I reckon Merkel has her eye on taking the Pitcairn islands.....those pesky germans!!!!
Dont you worry Batman, your crew of chefs will take out the finest stormtroopers the Germans can offer. So I dont have toworry about the Pitcairns, not that the Germans have any claim on them

Perhaps I am looking on the negative side but the door is open and all those minor things to some, is just as important to others. Jeremy wants items that were said to be 'looted' be returned. The Argies think he is with them as well as Gib. As for Ireland we never know what they have on him.

All minor in the big picture but galling all the same. If Cameron had not started the Brexit vote he would never be anywhere near power but now????

He wont be allowed to just give back islands that never belonged to.....for example, Argentina

I think it is a bit of a debate. According to some in international law it should belong to Argentina.

Not really a debate is it. Despite what their law says.

Also, not as if these territories are held to the U.K. against their will. They are more patriotic to the U.K. than we are ffs

Also, not as if these territories are held to the U.K. against their will. They are more patriotic to the U.K. than we are ffs

Yep. There are obvious downsides to a corbyn government but silly fantasies about giving away the Falklands clearly isn't one of them.

Any "acceptable settlement" (

The Falklands: 30 years on, 31 March) will recognise that the islands belong to Argentina, by virtue of the principle of uti possidetis juris.Following the British appropriation of Port Egmont in 1765, a Spanish military governor was appointed in 1767 to administer the islands. In 1776, by royal charter, the Spanish crown made the islands a commandery under the jurisdiction of the naval base at Montevideo, which reported to the government of Buenos Aires. Upon the May revolution in 1810, the latter took over all the territories of the viceroyalty of the Rio Plata, including the islands. Spanish administration of the islands was interrupted in 1811 and resumed in 1820. On 10 June 1829, decrees from Buenos Aires created the political and military commandery of the Malvinas islands and islands adjoining Cape Horn in the Atlantic Sea, under the commandership of Luis Vernet. The Argentinian administration was forcefully ended on 3 January 1833, by the arrival of HMS Clio.

ajax.php

The above principle, as applied to territorial ownership and as affirmed repeatedly by the international court of justice, accords pre-eminence to legal title over effective possession as a basis of sovereignty.

So the islanders have the security of Mount Pleasant defence but not of international law.

Edited by OldNick

Jezza could play a blinder here, Vote of no confidence, General election. Say "if you vote me i'll do a peoples vote". Get voted in. Remain in Europe. All get free childcare, school meals, Every private sector turned public at zero cost to anyone, no rich or poor anymore and no potholes.

Utopia.

Jezza could play a blinder here, Vote of no confidence, General election. Say "if you vote me i'll do a peoples vote". Get voted in. Remain in Europe. All get free childcare, school meals, Every private sector turned public at zero cost to anyone, no rich or poor anymore and no potholes.

Utopia.

47377680_204038680484628_678564120773001216_n.png?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=1491c4e9daef5fd1987a4e4f128cdd80&oe=5CB1351B

Kudos to David Cameron for never deleting this tweet.

He is a bellend of the highest order. He wanted this vote, he lost and walked away. Utter coward. Still would have him over Ed Miliband thou.

This is like choosing between Hoedt and that lanky Danish twit.

I like the way he jumped ship because he was a remainer (sort of made sense) but then the f*ck wits put another remainer in charge.

We’re in this mess because Barmy Boris and all the other Brexit Tories bottled it.

I like the way he jumped ship because he was a remainer (sort of made sense) but then the f*ck wits put another remainer in charge.

We’re in this mess because Barmy Boris and all the other Brexit Tories bottled it.

Barmy Boris isn’t really a brexiteer! That goes for half the bellend Brexit Tories. I’d place a lot of money that he actually voted remain.

Any "acceptable settlement" (

The Falklands: 30 years on, 31 March) will recognise that the islands belong to Argentina, by virtue of the principle of uti possidetis juris.Following the British appropriation of Port Egmont in 1765, a Spanish military governor was appointed in 1767 to administer the islands. In 1776, by royal charter, the Spanish crown made the islands a commandery under the jurisdiction of the naval base at Montevideo, which reported to the government of Buenos Aires. Upon the May revolution in 1810, the latter took over all the territories of the viceroyalty of the Rio Plata, including the islands. Spanish administration of the islands was interrupted in 1811 and resumed in 1820. On 10 June 1829, decrees from Buenos Aires created the political and military commandery of the Malvinas islands and islands adjoining Cape Horn in the Atlantic Sea, under the commandership of Luis Vernet. The Argentinian administration was forcefully ended on 3 January 1833, by the arrival of HMS Clio.

ajax.php

The above principle, as applied to territorial ownership and as affirmed repeatedly by the international court of justice, accords pre-eminence to legal title over effective possession as a basis of sovereignty.

So the islanders have the security of Mount Pleasant defence but not of international law.

What are you trying to say here?

Utopia.

Only problem is he wants to leave.

You seem to be confusing pointless sh it he used to say as an irrelevant leftier-than-thou back- bencher to actual things he might have to pass legislation on as Prime Minister and getting a Queens speech through the house.

Spoiler Alert - giving the Falklands back to Argentina will not get through the UK Parliament and would not get through the, er, people of the fuc king Falkland Islands.

Jesus wept.

You seem to be confusing pointless sh it he used to say as an irrelevant leftier-than-thou back- bencher to actual things he might have to pass legislation on as Prime Minister and getting a Queens speech through the house.

Spoiler Alert - giving the Falklands back to Argentina will not get through the UK Parliament and would not get through the, er, people of the fuc king Falkland Islands.

Jesus wept.

And that's before the House of Lords get their hands on it.

Come to think of it, most of Corbyn and McDonnell's crackpot scheme's won't get through the HOL.

Barmy Boris isn't really a brexiteer! That goes for half the bellend Brexit Tories. I'd place a lot of money that he actually voted remain.

That's the safest bet ever. The whole thing is WWE politics. Boris never wanted to win his leave campaign. He did too good a job and we are where we are.

So it looks like the EU have played a blinder here, no further negotiations allowed, an unpalatable deal, no deal won't be voted for parliament, hence no Brexit. Also means Corbyn has nothing to campaign on now...

I don't think she wants to re-negotiate. I think she wants assurance on the "backstop". She thinks that might win round enough "on the fence" MP's and she will scrape it through.

Personally, she won't win. Not now. I fully expect a vote of no confidence at some point before xmas.

I don't think she wants to re-negotiate. I think she wants assurance on the "backstop". She thinks that might win round enough "on the fence" MP's and she will scrape it through.

Personally, she won't win. Not now. I fully expect a vote of no confidence at some point before xmas.

She definitely won't win - no chance! Even if they clarify the backstop (which they won't be able to do well enough), not enough MPs support it.

The problem with no-confidence is actually for Corbyn. He is obviously a Euro-sceptic, yet the only way in for him is by campaigning for a second ref. So he's in a hard spot as well.

UK politics, an absolute ****-heap!

That's up to the EU though, not something our Parliament can vote through or not.

Yes, but they don't want us to leave. They are giving us the following options:

1. Take May's deal

2. Hard Brexit

3. New Vote

4. No Brexit

with the assumption that the option taken will be 3 or 4, and that a new vote will result in 4. They will therefore give us the time to put that new vote together.

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff

But a second referendum can't be organised that quickly, so they will have to extend.

The EU will grant an extension if there’s a second referendum and it breaks the impasse. They won’t grant an extension if it’s simply to go round the same old circles and kick the can.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction