• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

Watch the traitor get a hard on...:lol:

'Traitor'. Spoken like a true Jihadist. Is this someone else you want strung up with piano wire? Perhaps you can beat his face to a pulp too, just as al-Tenderi fantasises.

Honestly the sheer violence and rage trolling around in the minds of you Brexit Beatles is astounding.

'Traitor'. Spoken like a true Jihadist. Is this someone else you want strung up with piano wire? Perhaps you can beat his face to a pulp too, just as al-Tenderi fantasises.

Honestly the sheer violence and rage trolling around in the minds of you Brexit Beatles is astounding.

Following your previous and increasing propensity to throw around infantile insults, I recently asked you how old you were. I still haven't received a reply. I can hazard a guess as to your mental age, but it would be interesting to know your physical age. That way we can decide whether you are just immature through adolescence, or whether you are more in need of sympathy for your condition.

Sterling is a buying opportunity, Herbert. Hope your own buying opportunity in bitcoin went well.

You mean the bitcoin that I completely avoided and expressed scepticism about on the other thread? Good lad.

Sterling a buying opportunity?

Note to oneself: do the exact opposite that GM is advocating and stick the life savings on it :lol:

Edited by shurlock

Following your previous and increasing propensity to throw around infantile insults, I recently asked you how old you were. I still haven't received a reply. I can hazard a guess as to your mental age, but it would be interesting to know your physical age. That way we can decide whether you are just immature through adolescence, or whether you are more in need of sympathy for your condition.

The problem is that you and Jihadi John have become yardsticks of Brexiter fanaticism. I remember you, before the referendum, as a harmless, indeed somewhat pointless, pensioner. Since then, you've reposted the ravings of an anti-Semite, and when challenged about it, refused to back down. You are therefore presumably happy to be thought of as a Jew hater. You've also fantasised about Shylock (your term - now a term of anti-Jewish abuse) having his 'face rearranged'. And it was JJ himself who outdid himself in his fanaticism with the line about stringing 'traitors' up 'with piano wire' - a famous Gestapo habit.

So I repeat: the foul imagery used by you and Jihadi John are indicative of how far Brexiters gone beyond the pale. Even their slogans have morphed into something deeply sinister. 'Taking back control' - which already had the air of something rising out of the American Deep South - has become, in street terms, 'Go back home' and 'you don't belong here' - phrases slung at anyone looking or sounding remotely foreign. All during a frightening upsurge in racist behaviour since June 2016 - of which you are very firmly a part.

You mean the bitcoin that I completely avoided and expressed scepticism about on the other thread? Good lad.

Herbert Von W@nkstain in full bulsh!t mode, but gets caught out by his intellectual superior and nemesis, GM, who instantly regrets taking the scrote off ignore:

Is there any way to invest in it through an ISA or SIPP?

Was a small, if significant tech selloff on Friday amid growing concerns of bubbly behaviour in the sector. This thing seems impervious to it.

Are you going to use the fall as a buying opportunity?

They’re both digital currencies and decentralised payment methods -and so should benefit from the same macro-trends.

Expressing scepticism?? You were arguing ways of avoiding tax on the profits.

Now, back on ignore for you. I should have learnt my lesson and I wouldn't have stepped in the dog-sh!t you post.

Herbert Von W@nkstain in full bulsh!t mode, but gets caught out by his intellectual superior and nemesis, GM, who instantly regrets taking the scrote off ignore:

Oh dear John. I thought you'd realised by now not to bite off more than you can chew. Like a small yappy terrier, I admire the tenacity little fella but you're out of your depth and simply not competition for us big dogs.

You can cherrypick all the quotes you like -indeed you can cherrypick subquotes within quotes about the underlying technology of blockchain (a genuine technology with a future) but they still don't support your points.

As I said in the thread, even as the market was on fire, I stayed clear of ethereum and bitcoin and stuck to "good, old-fashioned shares or some racier funds if I’m feeling adventurous". FACT.

Not surprising since I also said the investment was in mania territory (per Charles Kindleberger) and called anyone who claimed they could ride the bubble and time the market a bullsh*tter. FACTS.

Alas not the first time your comprehension skills have embarrassed you.

#gamesetandmatch

Edited by shurlock

Expressing scepticism?? You were arguing ways of avoiding tax on the profits.

Now, back on ignore for you. I should have learnt my lesson and I wouldn't have stepped in the dog-sh!t you post.

"Intellectual superoor". A graduate from Portsmouth Polytechnic !!!

One of the funniest things I have ever heard!!

Pound Sterling "Worst Currency to Hold" into Year-End, Takes a Hammering vs. Dollar and Euro as Market Gears up for Brexit Bill Failure

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/gbp-live-today/10459-gbp-worst-currency-to-hold-vs-eur-and-usd-into-year-end

We shouldn't laugh, but hey.....

Meanwhile, looking beyond the hysterics and at the ten year trend for sterling.

1st October, 2008

€1.0470=£1

1st October, 2018

€1.1229=£1

Still, that doesn't suit the traitor narrative, does it.

Maybe this latest EU video will:

Meanwhile, looking beyond the hysterics and at the ten year trend for sterling.

Still, that doesn't suit the traitor narrative, does it.

Maybe this latest EU video will:

This is a Brexit thread pal, not a compare sterling with another point in history thread. Of course, in your characteristic, cherrypicking finest, you completely ignore the pound's performance against the dollar over this arbitrary time period. Vintage stuff :lol:

The problem is that you and Jihadi John have become yardsticks of Brexiter fanaticism. I remember you, before the referendum, as a harmless, indeed somewhat pointless, pensioner. Since then, you've reposted the ravings of an anti-Semite, and when challenged about it, refused to back down. You are therefore presumably happy to be thought of as a Jew hater. You've also fantasised about Shylock (your term - now a term of anti-Jewish abuse) having his 'face rearranged'. And it was JJ himself who outdid himself in his fanaticism with the line about stringing 'traitors' up 'with piano wire' - a famous Gestapo habit.

So I repeat: the foul imagery used by you and Jihadi John are indicative of how far Brexiters gone beyond the pale. Even their slogans have morphed into something deeply sinister. 'Taking back control' - which already had the air of something rising out of the American Deep South - has become, in street terms, 'Go back home' and 'you don't belong here' - phrases slung at anyone looking or sounding remotely foreign. All during a frightening upsurge in racist behaviour since June 2016 - of which you are very firmly a part.

Just to set you right on the background to the accusations you make about me. I'll do it one more time, because it seems that you are not very good at simple comprehension of our language. I posted an opinion on Brexit from somebody I had never heard of before, but whose views on Brexit coincided with mine at the time. He turns out to be an anti-semite. Does that mean that his views on any other subject are to be disregarded? Are you really that blinkered to believe that? There are strange bedfellows on both side of the Brexit divide, but do you discount the Brexit views of fellow Remoaners because their political views are diametrically opposed to yours?

The Shylock thing - he distorted my post name by one letter, so I rather childishly did the same to his posting name. I have ceased the silliness, but he and you continue the infantile practice. I have already attempted to put you straight about whether I am a jew hater. I have stated that in fact I admire the Jews in many ways. I am however, not a great admirer of the Arabs.

This persistent rubbish that you spout about me fantasising about re-arranging Shurlock's face - show me where I said that. You can't because I never said it. I said that if he spoke to anybody in a pub in his patronising, insulting manner, then he would probably invite a physical assault, but if you took that to mean that it would be threatening it, then you really must be a bit simple.

But of course, am I really bothered about your opinions and abuse on a football internet forum? No, I'm old enough and wise enough to totally disregard it. If it is your way of getting your jollies, then fill your boots. loser.

And so to return to the question that I have asked you several times and which you avoid answering, how old are you?

Just to set you right on the background to the accusations you make about me. I'll do it one more time, because it seems that you are not very good at simple comprehension of our language. I posted an opinion on Brexit from somebody I had never heard of before, but whose views on Brexit coincided with mine at the time. He turns out to be an anti-semite. Does that mean that his views on any other subject are to be disregarded? Are you really that blinkered to believe that? There are strange bedfellows on both side of the Brexit divide, but do you discount the Brexit views of fellow Remoaners because their political views are diametrically opposed to yours?

The Shylock thing - he distorted my post name by one letter, so I rather childishly did the same to his posting name. I have ceased the silliness, but he and you continue the infantile practice. I have already attempted to put you straight about whether I am a jew hater. I have stated that in fact I admire the Jews in many ways. I am however, not a great admirer of the Arabs.

This persistent rubbish that you spout about me fantasising about re-arranging Shurlock's face - show me where I said that. You can't because I never said it. I said that if he spoke to anybody in a pub in his patronising, insulting manner, then he would probably invite a physical assault, but if you took that to mean that it would be threatening it, then you really must be a bit simple.

But of course, am I really bothered about your opinions and abuse on a football internet forum? No, I'm old enough and wise enough to totally disregard it. If it is your way of getting your jollies, then fill your boots. loser.

And so to return to the question that I have asked you several times and which you avoid answering, how old are you?

The Jews :lol: (imagining Les holding his nose while saying it).

FWIW, calling yourself not a 'great admirer of the Arabs' doesn't get you any brownie points pal. It simply reinforces Verbal's claims.

You seem to be defending yourself and insulting people a lot for someone who's not bothered about others opinions and abuse, have to say.

The Jews :lol: (imagining Les holding his nose while saying it).

FWIW, calling yourself not a 'great admirer of the Arabs' doesn't get you any brownie points pal. It simply reinforces Verbal's claims.

You believe what you want. I've set the record straight for you two. By all means take me up on my lack of admiration towards Arabs in future if you like. It will look a little at odds with this puerile jihadi rubbish that you two spout.

This is a Brexit thread pal, not a compare sterling with another point in history thread. Of course, in your characteristic, cherrypicking finest, you completely ignore the pound's performance against the dollar over this arbitrary time period. Vintage stuff :lol:

What's the dollar got to do with it, Herbert? That's like introducing the subject of gravel and cement imports into a thread about Southampton docks...

Now, I must remember to put you back on ignore...

What's the dollar got to do with it, Herbert? That's like introducing the subject of gravel and cement imports into a thread about Southampton docks...

Now, I must remember to put you back on ignore...

You were frothingly responding to a headline "Pound Sterling "Worst Currency to Hold" into Year-End, Takes a Hammering vs. Dollar and Euro as Market Gears up for Brexit Bill Failure".

And telling us to look at ten-year trends. See the bit in the bold. I'd say its plenty relevant pal :lol:

#gamesetandmatch

The bookies don't think so:

House of Commons to Vote through Withdrawal Agreement in 2018

1/7

No

4/1

Yes

A second In/Out EU Referendum to take place before end 2019

6/5

Yes

8/13

No

UK to revoke Article 50 before 30-03-2018 and end Brexit?

1/10

No

5/1

Yes

What odds on a Vote of No Cofidence in the Government, if the upcoming Commons vote rejects Maybot's proposal ?

What odds on a GE following such a No Confidence vote ?

A

The bookies don't think so:

House of Commons to Vote through Withdrawal Agreement in 2018

1/7

No

4/1

Yes

A second In/Out EU Referendum to take place before end 2019

6/5

Yes

8/13

No

UK to revoke Article 50 before 30-03-2018 and end Brexit?

1/10

No

5/1

Yes

So the odds tell us the deal is dead, doh! A second referendum is more likely, and that the tories won’t reverse article 50, not sure any of that is surprising or an indication of anything.

From ComRes via Matthew Goodwin:

Oppose May's deal by 42-26

Oppose No Deal by 41-34

Oppose remaining in EU by 45-44

Oppose 2nd referendum by 50-40

Oppose extending date when UK leaves EU by 46-34

Support renegotiating with EU if May deal fails by 45-25

ComRes Dec 4

What an absolute clusterf**k.

Oppose No Deal by 41-34

ComRes Dec 4

Two years on and people still believe the Unicorn deal is there for the taking

What is your reference point, 6 months ago the odds were stacked against a referendum the trend (something you are keen on) so by your own standards yes referendum is more likely
My reference point is that the current odds of a second referendum indicate that Betfair believe that it is less likely that a second referendum will take place. You stated it was more likely. Nothing about the odds narrowing over time...

My reference point is that the current odds of a second referendum indicate that Betfair believe that it is less likely that a second referendum will take place. You stated it was more likely. Nothing about the odds narrowing over time...

Unfortunately for you the decision on a referendum will not be made today. If it does take place it is going to occur in the near future. So the direction of the odds is more important.

Would have thought that someone with your wonderful intelligence would have worked that out for yourself.

HTH.

Oppose No Deal by 41-34

ComRes Dec 4

They are scared of the 2nd Ref. Remainers are scared they will lose again.

That's my view.

I don't think they will lose. I think they will win convincingly but the turnout will be massively lower than the last time, making a bit of a mockery of the result.

I disagree, these polls they churn out are always wrong. So many silent voters.

I think parliament are also scared of the fallout from a 2nd Ref.

Basically it's a huge mess. Listening to Radio 4 on the way to work, one chap had it spot on, the general public are losing more and more faith in MPs and this is a dark time for Politics. Sadly the general population voted in the majority to leave, and this must happen, but all is happening is personal point scoring and bickering.

#MSSS

Basically it's a huge mess. Listening to Radio 4 on the way to work, one chap had it spot on, the general public are losing more and more faith in MPs and this is a dark time for Politics. Sadly the general population voted in the majority to leave, and this must happen, but all is happening is personal point scoring and bickering.

#MSSS

Nah I think many of the people who voted last time did so for the first time ever or the first time in a long time. If they are asked to vote again then loads of them will just tell them to shove it because they had their say and were ignored.

Nah I think many of the people who voted last time did so for the first time ever or the first time in a long time. If they are asked to vote again then loads of them will just tell them to shove it because they had their say and were ignored.

Agree with that. I was one of them. I won't be voting again tbf.

Even thou I voted "remain", i understand how democracy works and believe we should leave. The whole thing annoys me and shows me I was right in not voting all those years previous. Basically voting is pointless.

Edited by Cabbage_Face

Agree with that. I was one of them. I won't be voting again tbf.

Even thou I voted "remain", i understand how democracy works and believe we should leave. The whole thing annoys me and shows me I was right in not voting all those years previous. Basically voting is pointless.

I think it's clear that Brexit is going to be watered down to the point that it's meaningless or it just won't happen. I think it's quite depressing that the message this sends to the public in Britain but also in every other European country is that it doesn't really matter how you feel about the EU or how dissatisfied you are with parts of it, you won't be allowed to leave it. As you say voting is largely pointless, particularly in our country where one of two parties will be in charge, both of whom have huge problems and neither of whom inspire much more than apathy or active dislike outside of their cheerleaders. The only hope is for some parties to get in during the next EU elections that can try to push through some fundamental change but that seems pretty unlikely to me.

#MSSS

May's deal would mean that we are leaving the EU.

The only reason we're in this mess is because leave's promises are undeliverable. Its not ordinary MPs fault that they're having to clean up after a handful of politicians did a runner and refused to own their act of vandalism.

I think it's clear that Brexit is going to be watered down to the point that it's meaningless or it just won't happen. I think it's quite depressing that the message this sends to the public in Britain but also in every other European country is that it doesn't really matter how you feel about the EU or how dissatisfied you are with parts of it, you won't be allowed to leave it. As you say voting is largely pointless, particularly in our country where one of two parties will be in charge, both of whom have huge problems and neither of whom inspire much more than apathy or active dislike outside of their cheerleaders. The only hope is for some parties to get in during the next EU elections that can try to push through some fundamental change but that seems pretty unlikely to me.

In what way are we not allowed to leave?

May's deal would mean that we are leaving the EU.

The only reason we're in this mess is because leave's promises are undeliverable. Its not ordinary MPs fault that they're having to clean up after a handful of politicians did a runner and refused to own their act of vandalism.

Yeah her deal does mean we will leave. But lets face reality, parliament will not vote for any deal to leave the EU. They are all too busy personal point scoring.

In what way are we not allowed to leave?
In my opinion the outcome we are currently experiencing was foreseen by many near the start of this process and it's been largely engineered this way. Why else did all these meetings occur between sturgeon, Blair, major, juncker and a load of others? It's politically impossible to leave abd the EU know it.

In my opinion the outcome we are currently experiencing was foreseen by many near the start of this process and it's been largely engineered this way. Why else did all these meetings occur between sturgeon, Blair, major, juncker and a load of others? It's politically impossible to leave abd the EU know it.

Well without a sufficient majority in Parliament anyway. Probably why May tried to get a decent one and sort of failed.

If she had say a majority of 50 or so the whole process would have been different and the EU would have had less leverage.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction