• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

What should he have done differently? Sheeep

Why has he called something he won’t win? The vote was for a deal not against the PM. DUP won’t vote against Tories. May won’t survive this, and I’ll be shocked if JC does.

Do the Labour Party actually know how they would handle Brexit if they won? I don’t care about who owns the railways right now or if Caron down the road gets free school meals for her 10 kids, I care about Brexit. But let’s not forget, he is in this for himself, like all of them. I voted Remain and I’m sick and tired of politicians not doing what the people have asked. Either leave Europe or all of them resign. This is the biggest mess since Rupert Lowe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should have taken advantage of the moment when the Tories were in no mood to follow my leader and put forward some kind of compromise proposal.

She stated that she’d give the SNP the option of calling a confidence vote if Jezza didn’t.

Exactly why Jezza shouldnt table one. Its what May wants, the chance to force the Tories to rally behind her again

Why has he called something he won’t win? The vote was for a deal not against the PM. DUP won’t vote against Tories. May won’t survive this, and I’ll be shocked if JC does.

Do the Labour Party actually know how they would handle Brexit if they won? I don’t care about who owns the railways right now or if Caron down the road gets free school meals for her 10 kids, I care about Brexit. But let’s not forget, he is in this for himself, like all of them. I voted Remain and I’m sick and tired of politicians not doing what the people have asked. Either leave Europe or all of them resign. This is the biggest mess since Rupert Lowe.

So many quoting this ‘sick and tired’ line.

Examples or are you just quoting the Express leader?

This was an option to leave - not in a way people want clearly but no one has any alternatives.

So will you not be ‘sick and tired’ if we leave with no deal?

This was an option to leave - not in a way people want clearly but no one has any alternatives.

Yeah, it’s leaving. People asked for us to leave. That’s the **** we have to deal with. It’s not rocket science.

So 30 months after coming into power May thinks that it is time now to talk to MPs and work out what sort of Brexit we should have. If only this process had started 30 months ago. Europeans and the rest of the world must think we are mad. If it wasn't so important it would be hysterically funny.

In my lifetime we have had some good prime ministers and some poor ones. May must go down in history as being the most stupid, stubborn and hopelessly out of touch Prime minister this country has had to suffer. The sooner we find someone with a modicum of competence (thus ruling out Boris and David Davis) to replace her the better.

Exactly why Jezza shouldnt table one. Its what May wants, the chance to force the Tories to rally behind her again

Problem he’s got is the party policy is to try a GE, and then people’s vote. Had Corbyn not called one, he’d have come under massive pressure from his grassroots. It’s not about winning a confidence vote (because they know they won’t win one) it’s about ticking that box, so they can move onto people’s vote.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ed Vaizey's decent.

A poll of voters asked randoms in the street who they thought should be the new leader and the most cited name was David Miliband. Says something that a guy who has been out of politics for three years is seen as better than any of the current front bench

it

A poll of voters asked randoms in the street who they thought should be the new leader and the most cited name was David Miliband. Says something that a guy who has been out of politics for three years is seen as better than any of the current front bench

it

If he hadn't have lost to his brother we wouldn't be in this mess. He was a Prime Minister in waiting.

Problem he’s got is the party policy is to try a GE, and then people’s vote. Had Corbyn not called one, he’d have come under massive pressure from his grassroots. It’s not about winning a confidence vote (because they know they won’t win one) it’s about ticking that box, so they can move onto people’s vote.

Yeah i get that, but on balance i still think it was better not too. Depends if you want gesture politics or results

You are ‘sick and tired’ so much that you wish people’s livelihoods away. Just interested how you might be impacted.

Already been impacted chief. Don’t worry about that. If they don’t want Brexit, throw it back to the people to decide, if that doesn’t work, try it again the next month and keep repeating till you get the answer you want.....

Big question, what do the Rothschilds want?

I'm not exactly a fan of Corbyn's, but there is an important internal party logic to calling the no confidence vote. The party conference in September passed a resolution opposing May's 'deal' and demanding for a people's vote IF a general election cannot be triggered. So it's about process. First the no confidence vote (which he'll lose, and he knows it), then backing for a second referendum.

That's the theory. Whether his Bennism allows him to let go of his underlying anti-EU stance is another question. So things will go as we'd all expect tomorrow, but they get interesting after that.

I'm not exactly a fan of Corbyn's, but there is an important internal party logic to calling the no confidence vote. The party conference in September passed a resolution opposing May's 'deal' and demanding for a people's vote IF a general election cannot be triggered. So it's about process. First the no confidence vote (which he'll lose, and he knows it), then backing for a second referendum.

That's the theory. Whether his Bennism allows him to let go of his underlying anti-EU stance is another question. So things will go as we'd all expect tomorrow, but they get interesting after that.

If he'd gone straight to a call for a second referendum he would have carried a lot of Tories with him. Now many will be back in their party loyalty trenches again

Most of the country will be sick and tired for many years if we leave with no deal as we cruise down the economic rankings.

If he'd gone straight to a call for a second referendum he would have carried a lot of Tories with him. Now many will be back in their party loyalty trenches again

They will back her in the no confidence vote but a second refurendum gives them a way out of this mess. It’s probably the only way out because the EU won’t budge and a no deal won’t get through Parliament.

David Cameron has a lot to answer for

I think more questions lie with the the remain side.

If every one had accepted the vote and got behind our country in trying to make it a success this would have been sorted out months ago.

Instead they have deliberately tried to derail it, culminating in our country being a laughing stock.

And they celebrate. Shameful.

If every one had accepted the vote and got behind our country in trying to make it a success this would have been sorted out months ago.

Instead they have deliberately tried to derail it, culminating in our country being a laughing stock.

Agree.

..... and a no deal won’t get through Parliament.

What happens if we get to March 29th with no change in the situation ? 'No deal' may not be acceptable to Parliament, but that is the date on which we leave the EU, and therefore 'no deal' is the default outcome if they can't sort out something better.

it

Yes, but we were talking Tories, and tbf no-one knows that much about Vaizey.

I like David Milliband (and Sadiq Khan). I'd vote for either of them if they were on the ballot paper.

Plum

I swear I heArd on radio this morning that a few Eu countries will block extension.

of course they will, they desperately want/need us to remain.

I cant see remaining/another vote without serious unrest across the country.

sad really

I blame the leave vote for not winning by a landside if they had convinced 90% of the country this was a good idea this would have been a much smoother transition. Instead they got what they wanted a leave deal and then rejected it for not being the leave deal they had fantasied about making this country look like a laughing stock.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction