• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

Our Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt openly advocated violence! At least for some on this forum who have difficulty in understanding the English language he did. For them one only has to express an opinion that the result of an action might precipitate a violent reaction for that to mean that the holder of that opinion is actually advocating violence and intending to be a part of it themselves.

Asked if the scenes of rioters on the streets of Paris and other French towns could be repeated in Britain, Mr Hunt warned: “If we were, for example, to have another referendum overturn the results of the first referendum — let’s say the results were exactly reversed so that this time it was 48 per cent Leave, 52 per cent Remain. You’d have 48 per cent of the country who had voted to Leave twice. They would be incredibly angry and I wouldn’t rule out real social instability in this country

At least for some on this forum who have difficulty in understanding the English language he did. For them one only has to express an opinion that the result of an action might precipitate a violent reaction for that to mean that the holder of that opinion is actually advocating violence and intending to be a part of it themselves.

[/i]

The English language works much more effectively if you avoid piling up grammar as a metaphorical barricade around your point.

Our Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt openly advocated violence! At least for some on this forum who have difficulty in understanding the English language he did. For them one only has to express an opinion that the result of an action might precipitate a violent reaction for that to mean that the holder of that opinion is actually advocating violence and intending to be a part of it themselves.

Oh, you're right! Just like I misunderstood your anti-Semitic post, which you then defended with the ludicrous 'A Jew' comment. It was all because I don't get punctuation. Or your fantasising about Shylock (and do PLEASE read some Shakespeare, FFS) getting his 'face rearranged'. I missed the comma. Or Jihadi John threatening to string up people with piano wire. An undetected umlaut changed the meaning of that entirely.

Then there are your more recent racist inanities: how you like 'the Jews' but dislike 'the Arabs'. A Jew is an evil, hook-nosed globalist string-puller; THE Jews are some of your best friends, despite appearances. Whereas THE Arabs (who the hell are you referring to here?) are all beyond the pale.

A more transparently ignorant 'nativist' I've yet to encounter on here - full stop.

Article think all sides can agree on, well apart from any May loyalists - are there any?

Slaughtered by Ian Dunt

http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2018/12/07/week-in-review-all-may-s-faults-come-home-to-roost

I actually disagree strongly with this - it’s too rambling and even counterproductive given his politics.

It blames May for the mess but in doing so it risks letting the real culprits off the hook. The implication is that someone else could have handled things better - music to the headbangers ears. May’s principal failing is her adherence to the headbangers red lines -her deal was the logical and inevitable consequence of this position. In other words, she was too much of a Brexiteer (minus the death wish for a no deal).

Dunt also claims this -indeed I would say it’s his main argument- but in focussing so much on May and adding a bunch of lesser claims to the charge sheet, he robs this argument of its potency and arguably misses the woods for the trees.

Edited by shurlock

So basically a bunch of lying nut jobs - just like the NHS £350m and Banks’s pathetic hiding of what Leave.EU really is and climate change fruitcakes. Great. Let’s have a second referendum and out all of these headcases on a plane to join their hero, and Putin’s puppet, in America.

Just to make it clear - the so-called lie about the NHS £350m.

As far as I remember, what was said at the time was that WHEN we leave the EU, we COULD IF WE CHOSE redirect the money we pay into the EU additional funds for the NHS.

We haven’t left yet so that statement remains true. Got it?

As far as I remember, what was said at the time was that WHEN we leave the EU, we COULD IF WE CHOSE redirect the money we pay into the EU additional funds for the NHS.

Welcome back pal. I remember you make Les look like Einstein.

Ha haha ha ha ha ha ha fu cking mug.

"Her performance on the Today program last week was a depressingly awful."

A depressingly awful what? ;)

Afternoon Les. Did you take a look at chapter 9 of the Pink Book and see that your brexitcentral friend was talking garbage? No need to thank me pal.

Oh, you're right! Just like I misunderstood your anti-Semitic post, which you then defended with the ludicrous 'A Jew' comment. It was all because I don't get punctuation. Or your fantasising about Shylock (and do PLEASE read some Shakespeare, FFS) getting his 'face rearranged'. I missed the comma. Or Jihadi John threatening to string up people with piano wire. An undetected umlaut changed the meaning of that entirely.

Then there are your more recent racist inanities: how you like 'the Jews' but dislike 'the Arabs'. A Jew is an evil, hook-nosed globalist string-puller; THE Jews are some of your best friends, despite appearances. Whereas THE Arabs (who the hell are you referring to here?) are all beyond the pale.

A more transparently ignorant 'nativist' I've yet to encounter on here - full stop.

I'm pleased that you accept your shortcomings when in comes to understand simple English. We're making progress. Now calm down and let your blood pressure subside a bit. You're coming across a bit gammon.

Agreed no one else could have made a much better fist of it given the red lines which had been drawn, but it was May who drew them , so the fault remains with her. Basically she is still culpable , but mostly for her immediate post brexit mistakes rather than the later ones.

I agree, but the forum's most ardent and vocal Remoaners have difficulty in understanding such concepts as conditionality. To them, that was a lie, but the all the project fear guff that would come into immediate effect just for us daring to vote to leave the EU was all the gospel truth, honest gov. Anyway, it is all academic now, that was over two and a half years ago and there is nothing that can be done about it now. It is useless calling for a second referendum (this time for the people) on the basis that the electorate was mislead by the Leave campaign, as the remain campaign was guilty of untruths too. And now they're at it again, even more desperately trying to frighten us with project fear Mk11.

Letter to the Telegraph today...

SIR –

The impact of Brexit at Dover would not be common to the UK ports sector as a whole. I write on behalf of the United Kingdom’s major port operators, responsible for handling 75 per cent of the country’s seaborne trade. Dover, handling around 6 per cent of UK port volumes, faces a unique combination of Brexit risk factors that are not faced by most major UK ports. These ports already have the capacity and infrastructure to handle large volumes of both EU and non-EU trade today without “logjam”.

The UK’s port sector is resilient, adaptable and highly competitive. We will work through the challenges of Brexit as we have with huge changes through the centuries. Our island nation has always been dependent on sea trade and the ports that enable it. UK Major Ports Group members invest more than half a billion pounds of private-sector funds a year in the UK. They are ambitious to do more, whatever the eventual Brexit outcome. Making the planning system for ports more helpful to investment is key to unlocking their potential.

Tim Morris

Chief Executive Officer

United Kingdom Major Ports Group

London SE1

Thanks, Tim. Always nice to be proved right by an expert.

Your main talent seems to reside in insulting people who disagree with you.

I’m so glad I’m not you.

Read this and you will have some fitting explanations as what motivates the likes of Shurlock and Verbal to insult anybody who disagrees with them.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/the-human-beast/201611/the-psychology-insults

I'm afraid that it is something he is unable to control, so he deserves our pity and our sympathy.

The figure on the bus was misleading but you are correct.

The ironic thing is that the people ****in* their pants about the “promise of £350 mill” are being misleading themselves, it was never a promise because a. It was just two statements. And b. The people who wrote it were never in the position to promise anything anyway, they were just a brexit campaign group.

It was misleading but no more that what either side was saying or no more than the usual crap we get fed every general election. All the hype about the misleading figure just helped the leave campaign anyway - it just gave massive publicity to the fact that we send the EU vast sums of money every week.

Read this and you will have some fitting explanations as what motivates the likes of Shurlock and Verbal to insult anybody who disagrees with them.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/the-human-beast/201611/the-psychology-insults

I'm afraid that it is something he is unable to control, so he deserves our pity and our sympathy.

Les, still won’t answer my points on consumer savings from lower tariffs or UK export performance since the referendum?

And let’s be clear: only one side is advocating violence against the other in which you’ve participated and failed to condone.

The figure on the bus was misleading but you are correct.

The ironic thing is that the people ****in* their pants about the “promise of £350 mill” are being misleading themselves, it was never a promise because a. It was just two statements. And b. The people who wrote it were never in the position to promise anything anyway, they were just a brexit campaign group.

It was misleading but no more that what either side was saying or no more than the usual crap we get fed every general election. All the hype about the misleading figure just helped the leave campaign anyway - it just gave massive publicity to the fact that we send the EU vast sums of money every week.

As you say, the more that they repeated it, the more that the message got across. This contrasts with the project fear campaign, where the more they predicted an apocalyptic disaster from a vote to leave, the more the electorate chose to be sceptical. They still haven't learned their lesson and have become even more shrill now. A Berlin style airlift is going to be needed for vital goods, (the planes that aren't going to be grounded,that is), the whole of Kent a giant lorry park, bodies unburied, Mars Bars priced out of reach of the ordinary person, we're doomed.

Well according to Sky Corbyn will be only days away of being PM if the vote is lost. Labour MPs will not vote for the deal as they want to bring the government down.

Johnson and co the same so that they want their own personal power.

Very little is being done for the national interest.

I cant see what good deal we will ever get as the chips are against us due to the rules of membership.

The DUP are not supporting the Government and so they are risking someone who has pro United Ireland unity becoming the British PM.

It is a mess and pretty depressing as I cant see anything good coming from the ridiculous vote. Cameron threw the dice and made the worst error in recent political history

Well according to Sky Corbyn will be only days away of being PM if the vote is lost. Labour MPs will not vote for the deal as they want to bring the government down.

Johnson and co the same so that they want their own personal power.

Very little is being done for the national interest.

I cant see what good deal we will ever get as the chips are against us due to the rules of membership.

The DUP are not supporting the Government and so they are risking someone who has pro United Ireland unity becoming the British PM.

It is a mess and pretty depressing as I cant see anything good coming from the ridiculous vote. Cameron threw the dice and made the worst error in recent political history

Genuine question - is your tele on the blink?

3,000 of them. Marginally outnumbered by the 15,000 strong counter march and the 700,000 strong Remain march in October.
There were far more than 3000 there, don't believe the propaganda.

And regardless, the only important comparison of numbers is the result of the referendum.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Remoaners get your voting skates on. The ECJ has ruled that Britain can withdraw the Article 50 notice unilaterally. Which makes a vote on any 'deal' vs remain even more likely.
And they came to this ruling because to deny it goes against the concept of ever closer union. And people called it a mad conspiracy theory that this hasn't been concocted to keep the UK in.

And they came to this ruling because to deny it goes against the concept of ever closer union.

.....ah, but that's nothing to worry our little heads about. It's an entirely benevolent project, the Germans told us that already and the remain side don't seem concerned by it at all, so why should you be?

There were far more than 3000 there, don't believe the propaganda.

And regardless, the only important comparison of numbers is the result of the referendum.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Some of the figures I've seen quoted by the fake-news media is hilarious. They literally just make stuff up.

Remoaners get your voting skates on. The ECJ has ruled that Britain can withdraw the Article 50 notice unilaterally. Which makes a vote on any 'deal' vs remain even more likely.

Being as we now know we can reset the clock on brexit without any EU agreement, and that we have no viable deal or contingency on the table, would it not be a good idea (from a brexiteers perspective) to revoke our withdrawal declaration?

If nothing else, we could resubmit immediately and buy ourselves another 2 years to prepare for the inevitable 'no deal' scenario.

Being as we now know we can reset the clock on brexit without any EU agreement, and that we have no viable deal or contingency on the table, would it not be a good idea (from a brexiteers perspective) to revoke our withdrawal declaration?

If nothing else, we could resubmit immediately and buy ourselves another 2 years to prepare for the inevitable 'no deal' scenario.

There's a very simple way, to my mind, of accomplishing this, without "re-joining". We are part of the EEA and have never, as far as I know, invoked Article 127 to leave this organisation. So, we invoke the Article, giving the required 12 months notice and temporarily remain as members of the EEA, which guarantees equal rights and obligations within the Internal Market for individuals and economic operators in the EEA. It provides for the inclusion of EU legislation covering the four freedoms — the free movement of goods, services, persons and capital. I can live with that for 12 months, while we prepare for WTO rules and negotiate FTA's.

So there we have it, we won't be leaving. Democracy dies.

I for one hope we have similar scenes to the yellow jackets, the elite are in control, not the people.

I voted remain and im disgusted at how "democracy" has been treated.

In all seriousness I know quite a few people who voted remain but are apalled by the way democracy is being trampled over.

In all seriousness I know quite a few people who voted remain but are apalled by the way democracy is being trampled over.

That's the problem with voting. It gives people false hope.

As Ken Livingstone said: "If voting changed anything, they'd abolish it".

And they came to this ruling because to deny it goes against the concept of ever closer union. And people called it a mad conspiracy theory that this hasn't been concocted to keep the UK in.

Do you actually understand the meaning of ever closer union?

No didn’t think so.

There's a very simple way, to my mind, of accomplishing this, without "re-joining". We are part of the EEA and have never, as far as I know, invoked Article 127 to leave this organisation. So, we invoke the Article, giving the required 12 months notice and temporarily remain as members of the EEA, which guarantees equal rights and obligations within the Internal Market for individuals and economic operators in the EEA. It provides for the inclusion of EU legislation covering the four freedoms — the free movement of goods, services, persons and capital. I can live with that for 12 months, while we prepare for WTO rules and negotiate FTA's.

Clueless. Most people agree that when the UK leaves the EU next March, it will also leave the EEA.

For a year? :lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/dec/07/norwegian-mp-britain-eea-norway-eu-brexiters

Edited by shurlock

Got any evidence for your little conspiracy theories?

The reality is that the ECJ ruling, in the face of opposition from the Commission, was a decision in favour of UK sovereignty. I thought you were in favour of that!

Also, I'm intrigued to know how democracy is denied by voting.

But if you want a real sense of who is contributing to the un-democracy of Brexit, take note of the Brexit-financing and backing hedge funds who are shorting post-Brexit Britain and are set to make vast fortunes from unemployment and economic damage.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/dec/10/hedge-funds-make-big-bets-against-post-brexit-uk-economy

.....ah, but that's nothing to worry our little heads about. It's an entirely benevolent project, the Germans told us that already and the remain side don't seem concerned by it at all, so why should you be?

Is it only the UK where people are still fighting WW2. This obsession with Germans taking over Europe is so 1941.

If you really want to worry about a foreign power gaining hegemony over Europe you want to look a lot further East....

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction