HATEM BEN ARFA MANE REPLACEMENT ?

Mr X

Claude Peul to try & bring him in on a free, any good or same attitude as Mane?

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/684222/Southampton-Transfer-News-Gossip-Rumours-Hatem-Ben-Arfa-Claude-Puel-Leicester-Target

Free is not the same as cheap so it depends on how much he wants to earn and how it fits into our pay structure. Any new manager will have his favourites and will want to bring some to his new club so the upper management usually allow him some freeway just to show that they are backing him.

Didn't he walk out on Hull?

Free is not the same as cheap so it depends on how much he wants to earn and how it fits into our pay structure. Any new manager will have his favourites and will want to bring some to his new club so the upper management usually allow him some freeway just to show that they are backing him.

Didn't he walk out on Hull?

True, terrible attitude apparently though he does seem to have come to his senses somewhat at Nice

Would be a pretty s hite Mane replacement considering he's already failed in England and he's nearly 30

This is his last stab at some real money, he's probably been on a derisory salary at Nice and at pushing 30 he'll want to wring ever last euro out of the bit of attention that he's currently drawing. That's why he'll sign for PSG any day now.

This is his last stab at some real money, he's probably been on a derisory salary at Nice and at pushing 30 he'll want to wring ever last euro out of the bit of attention that he's currently drawing. That's why he'll sign for PSG any day now.

Makes sense.

he's already failed in England and he's nearly 30

He was unplayable at times for Newcastle, 2013 he was being linked with Barcelona etc and was scoring some stunners!!

He was one of their top performers when Newcastle finished 5th in the 2011-2012 season

PROBABLY NOT HE'S OFF TO SEVILLA.

Apparently Sevilla are paying him a signing-on fee in excess of 10 million euros, according to the link below. Don't think Saints will fancy paying him 10 million euros (especially not after Brexit).

http://www.goal.com/en-ca/news/4188/transfer-zone/2016/06/28/25147222/source-ben-arfa-set-to-complete-sevilla-move

• 2 months later...
http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/hatem-ben-arfa-left-out-of-psg-squad-again-english-clubs-already-on-alert/

Struggling at PSG already and apparently english clubs in contact about a loan - not sure we need him at all but never know with the Puel link

I would consider Boufal to be more of an immediate priority, so no Ben Arfa for me!

I know he had a decent season last year but PSG signing him smacks of the big club in the league trying to make a smaller club weaker. Similar to what happens to any Premier League team (i.e. Us) by the big 6 when we threaten to infiltrate the European spots.

I know he had a decent season last year but PSG signing him smacks of the big club in the league trying to make a smaller club weaker. Similar to what happens to any Premier League team (i.e. Us) by the big 6 when we threaten to infiltrate the European spots.

His contract with Nice had expired, so he was a free agent. He only signed a two-year deal, so it was a low risk transfer for both parties. I guess he could've joined a title rival like Marseille or Lyon, so from that perspective it was a sensible thing for PSG to sign him for themselves.

Just because Puel had him in Nice doesn't mean that he wants him here. I read an article somewhere that Puel basically said you have to build your scheme around HBA to make it work. I guess this is what he did at Nice then? Anyway, that strikes me as a bit of a pain in the arse, and jives with his training reports from other clubs. If all this is true, and with all our good players here, I'm not sure Puel would want the headache for what would be a role player (like at PSG).

Been looking at two future possibilities. HBA and The return of Schneiderlin. Watch both windows in the coming year.

Is that one of the two or both?

Morgan would be a massive, massive signing and to be honest, would any of the top 4/5 want him at the moment? Previous potential destinations like Spurs and Arsenal have those places filled now, Wouldn't get in at City, could probably do a job at Liverpool but would they want him?

Out of the rest, we're as good a destination as any although would expect and Everton bid as well.

Is that one of the two or both?

Morgan would be a massive, massive signing and to be honest, would any of the top 4/5 want him at the moment? Previous potential destinations like Spurs and Arsenal have those places filled now, Wouldn't get in at City, could probably do a job at Liverpool but would they want him?

Out of the rest, we're as good a destination as any although would expect and Everton bid as well.

Everton will def bid for him.

Would love to see him back here, but it's not really our style to bring them back.

Would love to see him back here, but it's not really our style to bring them back.

That's why I think it would be massive. Show's that the grass is not always greener, he can pass on his experience to others, and could potentially open the door for others to return that didn't quite make it elsewhere (thinking mainly Ox, possibly Chambers...actually, anybody we sell to Arsenal) because they didn't get a chance. Personally think Morgan is the only one we haven't really adequately replaced yet (along with year 2 Clyne and waiting to see Boufal before passing judgement on Mane sale).

I reckon we'd make an exception for him if we could make it happen.

If he were to become available I think both us and Everton would be interested. I'd like to think his heart might tempt him 'home' but in reality he'd have to take a pay cut for that to happen. He probably wouldn't at Everton.

would be successor to Barry the geezer at Everton, but could be neat if we give 'em(Everton) clasie and we take Spidey.

HBA would be a massive waste IMO if he came here, the article mentions that he doesn't wanna be treated like other footballers but he needs love and adoration, jeez we don't need no princesses here. players like IBRA, and this guy are IMO ancient. modern footballers are grafters no matter how talented, I mean look at griezzman, de bruyne...

would be successor to Barry the geezer at Everton, but could be neat if we give 'em(Everton) clasie and we take Spidey.

HBA would be a massive waste IMO if he came here, the article mentions that he doesn't wanna be treated like other footballers but he needs love and adoration, jeez we don't need no princesses here. players like IBRA, and this guy are IMO ancient. modern footballers are grafters no matter how talented, I mean look at griezzman, de bruyne...

Maybe he gets along with Puel and need to be treated like a "princess".