Claude Puel Announced as New Manager - OFFICIAL

Jimmy_D

Don't know about you but I fell asleep watching that interview, he doesn't come across as Mr Motivator does he? seemed to be totally underwhelmed.

Really drab much like our transfers will be this season no doubt based on what has happened thus far with out 2 beat players sold before he's through the door.

Cash in to line Fat Kat's pockets and dross purchased with the change and then we try and turn a sow's ear into a silk purse as usual a plan which has worked for the last 2 seasons I grant you but this season will be tougher.

Expecting Puel to leave after 3 years to Arsenal as Wenger's replacement if he does as well as Koeman or Poch if not sacked for relegating us back to the championship, guess time will tell

Very excited about this appointment. Originally I wanted Pellegrini but when it became clear he was pit of the running and had heard more about this guy, I did like the sound of it. Reading snippets from that French article and what he achieved at Nice. It definitely grew on me. Welcome Claude

Don't know about you but I fell asleep watching that interview, he doesn't come across as Mr Motivator does he? seemed to be totally underwhelmed.

Really drab much like our transfers will be this season no doubt based on what has happened thus far with out 2 beat players sold before he's through the door.

Cash in to line Fat Kat's pockets and dross purchased with the change and then we try and turn a sow's ear into a silk purse as usual a plan which has worked for the last 2 seasons I grant you but this season will be tougher.

Expecting Puel to leave after 3 years to Arsenal as Wenger's replacement if he does as well as Koeman or Poch if not sacked for relegating us back to the championship, guess time will tell

I'm so glad you don't post that often.

I agree..very hard to listen to.

Best of luck to him he isnt here for his interviews but god that was boring! didn't look the least bit excited to be here or interested in us but maybe that's a french thing?

He started his coaching career as a physical fitness coach and he does look very fit for his age: definitely in better shape than Koeman. I must admit I'd never heard of him until he was linked with us so I'll keep an open mind and hope for the best. If he can stop the club selling any more players and start our season with a win against Watford, he'll have got off to a flyer. It would be great if we could maintain the last few seasons' progress and finish 5th.

What is the point of making obnoxious personal comments about our current owner? Wtf has she ever done to you for you to get so personal. Criticise her for her actions (though as far as I can see she has done a great job) but do yourself a favour leave the personal stuff in the gutter where it belongs.

What a load of bull plop. Are you that depressing about everything in life?

What a ****ing mong.

**** me the negativity in here from some is laughable. The club should be commended on how well we've grown and yet some still seem to complain and be negative.

I just can't understand it

Yep you'd have thought some on this forum have got all their coaching badges and also have vast experience of running a PL football club, I guess that is the Football Manager game culture for you!!

Bad choice in my opinion. Especially with Eric Black involved. Les has proven me wrong before so let's hope this one does the same. But I can't help thinking this has got disaster written all over it.

Can I ask why you think this is a bad choice?

And I'm still yet to see a valid reason why people think this is a bad choice, it's just trotted out with nothing to back it up.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. It's a message board don't take it so seriously. I have a bad feeling about the coming season, you cant keep changing Managers and selling Best Players its going to catch you out eventually.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. It's a message board don't take it so seriously. I have a bad feeling about the coming season, you cant keep changing Managers and selling Best Players its going to catch you out eventually.

Nearly all premiership clubs with the exception of Arsenal keep changing managers. The difference is mostly that the other clubs sack them whereas ours tend to leave for "better things".

A lot of mouth breathers on this forum today.

Just today?!

This appointment is exciting. The last time we had a French technician in our club we produced some excellent players. French football has always been based on sound technique and flair and if reports are anything to go by our new manager produced scintillating football with Nice. It's fair to say we almost certainly have a stronger squad but I'm sure we will some exciting players added and this means we should be in for some exciting football. We may not finish in he top 6 but I have no doubt we will be in the top 10 if not top 8 and experience a good cup season.

For those who are not impressed you are probably symptomatic of our culture now which because of the Internet allows EVERYONE to share every single thought and emotion with EVERYONE, instantly, which causes further over reaction and uncertainty forced on those who would prefer you keep your emotions to yourself!

Logical comment and debate is what is normal, not irrational, I'll-informed, knee jerk rants!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe with just managers you have a point, but not your best players and managers together season after season, This is going to catch you out eventually.

So you have already mentioned. You might be right and you might be wrong. I have faith in the way we go about things do you?