The Rather Previous 2017/18 Saints Kit Thread

once_bitterne

They should make 3 or 4 different shirts, sell them well in advance with the proviso that only 1 is going to be the official kit, the others will end up as limited editions. Whichever one sells the best is the design they eventually go with.

I'm sure there are (and The9 is about to point them about) flaws in this idea in terms of production timelines and cost effectiveness, but at least they might end up with a popular kit...

They should make 3 or 4 different shirts, sell them well in advance with the proviso that only 1 is going to be the official kit, the others will end up as limited editions. Whichever one sells the best is the design they eventually go with.

I'm sure there are (and The9 is about to point them about) flaws in this idea in terms of production timelines and cost effectiveness, but at least they might end up with a popular kit...

The flaw I can see is that people will want to see the team wear the shirt they buy, rather than being happy that they have a fundamentally useless alternative.

They sell enough of them no matter what - the red adidas thing proved that (although I was pleased to see shedloads of them turn up at the concourse sale a few weeks back).

You should always make these threads. No offence, OP! :)

I will, when there's something to discuss. Which won't be until at least October or whenever UA launch a teamwear brochure. Far less fun when we know the brand and the sponsor already...

The Xerox or candy stripe design would sell lots and are my personal favourites. A modern twist on either of these would be great. Also, would it be too much to ask for a yellow and blue away kit?

No offence but any idea why the retro kit that you describe is not selling that well in the mega store?

I will, when there's something to discuss. Which won't be until at least October or whenever UA launch a teamwear brochure. Far less fun when we know the brand and the sponsor already...

Maybe, but surely now that we know what sponsor and brand is, we could release the kit, say in May, rather than July?

The flaw I can see is that people will want to see the team wear the shirt they buy, rather than being happy that they have a fundamentally useless alternative.

They sell enough of them no matter what - the red adidas thing proved that (although I was pleased to see shedloads of them turn up at the concourse sale a few weeks back).

I did wonder about that, but I bet there are also quite a lot of people who would enjoy having a "limited edition" kit that wasn't used by the team in a way people revel in owning super rare memorabilia!

Since there was such uproar the last time we departed from stripes I don't think the club are likely to depart from them again anytime in the near future, it'll be stripes for the foreseeable future with little touches (like the white shoulder strip on this years shirt) that make them different, next year may be some bits of gold, then some black pinstripes interspersed with the red/white stripes the year after, who knows.

Since there was such uproar the last time we departed from stripes I don't think the club are likely to depart from them again anytime in the near future, it'll be stripes for the foreseeable future with little touches (like the white shoulder strip on this years shirt) that make them different, next year may be some bits of gold, then some black pinstripes interspersed with the red/white stripes the year after, who knows.

I believe they are planning a gold star just above the club crest..

No need to start a new one. You can just use this one. #yourewelcome

• 8 months later...

Ha, I waited until there was actually some news, as discussed above. I don't think there will be much point absorbing this into the actual kit thread either, as nothing here is about actual kit or possible designs.

FWIW I haven't started all the kit threads and I'm not precious about it. ;)

Ha, I waited until there was actually some news, as discussed above. I don't think there will be much point absorbing this into the actual kit thread either, as nothing here is about actual kit or possible designs.

FWIW I haven't started all the kit threads and I'm not precious about it. ;)

Really??!! :lol:

Starting one on the 17th of November is a bit weird, with nearly 8 months until they traditionally thrust the new strip upon us............... bit like wishing your life away. :rolleyes:

Anyone would think you worked for Taylor Made golf clubs (new set to sell every six months).

Really??!! :lol:

Starting one on the 17th of November is a bit weird, with nearly 8 months until they traditionally thrust the new strip upon us............... bit like wishing your life away. :rolleyes:

Anyone would think you worked for Taylor Made golf clubs (new set to sell every six months).

It's the latest the thread has been started in the past 5 years.