Calling Fonte to the main banner

Wiggles31

Please mods. Loyal Saints legend and a euro winning defender who would walk into any defence in the BPL. Saints legend.

You beat me to it. I was going to suggest the same thing. Easily a Saints Legend.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

+ another 1.

There's plenty of space to Rickie's right.

Err Matt Le Tissier is on Rickie's right ( thought I would say that before a real pedantic sod did :D )

Anyway back to the point, like Disco Stu says IF he retires when with Saints then yes put him on the

banner. However I seem to remember a campaign to get a certain ex manager up there and that didn't happen

so I won't be holding my breath.

Cost us £1M (could be argued that it's one of the best millions we've ever spent), dropped a division to join us, consistently superb (arguably making his partners look better than they may have been?), loyal, enjoys the club, first ever Saints player to win the European championship(?) and had a dust up with crazy DaniO :lol:.

I'm not one for bandwagons but come on - surely Jose deserves this accolade?

Surely Ron Davies deserves a place.

+1. Certainly deserves it a lot more than Keegan (nothing personal, just that special K didn't hang around too long)

PS: All dependent on Jose not going to 'Pool of course.

Had a bicker with someone on twitter who doesn't think Fonte is worthy of 'legend' status.

For me he definitely does. Been part of our rise from the bottom back to where we belong and even higher. Vital goal at Brighton, JPT, consistent defender, captain, took an Osvaldo headbutt and now a European champion. He's as eligible as Rickie in my opinion. Put him on the banner!

Had a bicker with someone on twitter who doesn't think Fonte is worthy of 'legend' status.

For me he definitely does. Been part of our rise from the bottom back to where we belong and even higher. Vital goal at Brighton, JPT, consistent defender, captain, took an Osvaldo headbutt and now a European champion. He's as eligible as Rickie in my opinion. Put him on the banner!

Decided I wasn't doing it justice so wrote this:- http://georgeweahscousin.com/jose-fonte-our-constant-our-legend/

There were plenty of people that wouldn't have minded him leaving after that season with Lovren and getting someone else in to partner Lovren. Little did people realise that he was the strength in that parnership.

I had my doubts about Fonte in the Championship, never mind the Premier League. Even though that seems wide of the mark given what he has achieved, by the same margin I think he has improved immeasurely since our promotion, as both an individual player and a leader.

Of course, no-one on a national level would pick up on it, but we all know that it's no coincidence that Pepe has looked like a Real Madrid rather than Real Salt Lake player since Fonte has lined up alongside him.