Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Ryan Bertrand

Quote Originally Posted by surman11 View Post
    Berty is starting today
    How can this be? He's too lazy, still not fit, not interested, bad influence, been sold. I know all of this to be true because I've been following this thread.

Seriously, if he's fully fit (and can't imagine RH would select him if not) that's as good as any January signing.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Great to have Bertrand back, if he finds his form and others retain theirs we could see an England squad with McCarthy, Bertrand, Ward-Prowse and Redmond in it by the end of the season. Quite the turnaround.

3. Default

Absolutely rubbish today. Doesnt put any effort in. Targett offers more

Quote Originally Posted by davefoggy View Post
    Absolutely rubbish today. Doesnt put any effort in. Targett offers more
    Spent half of the match trying to pull Cardiff players back as they beat him .

Opinions eh? Half this forum thinks that Targett is carp and nowhere near the player that Bertrand is whilst the other half think that Targett offers more than Bertrand......all convinced that they are right...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6. Default

He was absolute tosh, really struggled with the pace. Didn't get forward enough, poor on the ball. One of our weak links.

Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    He was absolute tosh, really struggled with the pace. Didn't get forward enough, poor on the ball. One of our weak links.
    Give hm a break after 3 months out

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by stevy777_x View Post
    Give hm a break after 3 months out
    To be fair, it was his first game back. But I didn't expect him to be that bad.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    To be fair, it was his first game back. But I didn't expect him to be that bad.
    Which is why Targett should have started.....match fit, in form. Bertrand was the same Bertrand before his injury....people are remembering him from 2 years ago not the Bertrand of the last 18 months.

RH got it completely wrong yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by washsaint View Post
    Which is why Targett should have started.....match fit, in form. Bertrand was the same Bertrand before his injury....people are remembering him from 2 years ago not the Bertrand of the last 18 months.

RH got it completely wrong yesterday.
    I tend to agree but suspect this is a case of Ralph needing to see Bertrand in a couple of matches to decide his first choice - like he did with Gunn.

I don't think there's much between them. Bertrand has a better shot but was reluctant to use it yesterday. Both can put in a decent cross. Bertrand may be the stronger defender but Targett seems more mobile at the moment.

But it's influence on the team that gets Targett my vote. Don't know why but I never feel Bertrand is really relating to the rest of the team. It's been observed that Redmond seems better without him. Strange.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

To put him straight in without any u23 match practice after 3 months out was strange imo. Targett had done ok (not great) so wasn't like we were desperate for him to return. He unsurprisingly looked rusty and lacked mobility which meant he was wrestling Cardiff players to the floor all game.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    I tend to agree but suspect this is a case of Ralph needing to see Bertrand in a couple of matches to decide his first choice - like he did with Gunn.

I don't think there's much between them. Bertrand has a better shot but was reluctant to use it yesterday. Both can put in a decent cross. Bertrand may be the stronger defender but Targett seems more mobile at the moment.

But it's influence on the team that gets Targett my vote. Don't know why but I never feel Bertrand is really relating to the rest of the team. It's been observed that Redmond seems better without him. Strange.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Bertrand over Targett every single day of the week.

Yes hes lacking match fitness but that will (and can only) come with game time. He was arguably our most dangerous player in the first half yesterday.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Bertrand over Targett every single day of the week.

Yes he’s lacking match fitness but that will (and can only) come with game time. He was arguably our most dangerous player in the first half yesterday.
    Every day of the week - obviously RB "needed the run" yesterday, but his first half was good; plenty of runs and quality crosses. I also think the "can't play with Redmond" claim is a myth - particularly with Redmond now having a roaming, central role rather than being stuck on the wing.