Ryan Bertrand

SO16_Saint

Let's not get too cocky. They still need a 2nd left back.

Do you honestly believe that City are in the business of spending another 20-30 mil on a 2nd choice left back? Do you also think Bertrand is happy to be second choice damaging his England chances?

There's no way City are in for Bertrand now after signing Mendy who is an excellent full back.

Can't see Bertrand going to be back up anywhere in a World Cup year, especially as he's been back up most of his career until joining us.

Well in that case he should hopefully stay because most of the big guns have their 1st choice left-back sorted, don't they?

If he was off, he wouldn't have travelled. Maybe he suffered the most from this virus, who knows.

he had a slight hamstring injury last week. Given his misfortunes in pre-season the past two years perhaps they aren't taking any chances. He could have played the behind closed doors game Wednesday of course.

@GraemeBailey: Man City to push for Ryan Bertrand after sealing Benjamin Mendy deal.

https://www.thegamblingtimes.com/2017/07/24/man-city-push-ryan-bertrand-deal/

Can see this one happening. Although people have said he'd be second choice, Guardiola rotated his defence quite a lot last year and with the extra games the the UCL Bertrand may be given opportunities.

Can see this one happening. Although people have said he'd be second choice, Guardiola rotated his defence quite a lot last year and with the extra games the the UCL Bertrand may be given opportunities.

If this happens, along with VvD, we are going to have an awful lot of money to spend & not very long to spend it.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the price is guessed early on. VvD's fee started at around £35m last summer and kept going up.
The suggested price is fed to the press by prospective buying clubs and is deliberately low to try to influence opinion as to the value and give the impression that the selling club are overvaluing. In today's market, he's worth £50m.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

If Rose is worth £50mil, Bertrand’s worth more

Not to mention Walker...

I think Bertrand is better than Rose. Selling Bertrand and using the money to reinforce in other areas doesn’t seem like that bad of an idea, assuming Targett steps in to fill the position. That is a bit of an assumption, especially if Fulham go up and we go down.

If we go down, Bertrand won't be worth anywhere near £50m. Be lucky to get £25m for him if we are playing Championship football next seasons
If we go down, he'll be gone long before we're playing in the Championship.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

On this season's half-assed performances, I'd be amazed if anyone decent comes in for Bertrand, let alone for crazy money.

Generally, he's looked out of shape, plodding and disinterested. A West Ham kind of signing.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

On this season's half-assed performances, I'd be amazed if anyone decent comes in for Bertrand, let alone for crazy money.

Generally, he's looked out of shape, plodding and disinterested. A West Ham kind of signing.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Its pretty obvious to anyone who watches us regularly that he is a good player, playing in a **** team.

Likewise Tadic.

In my mind, Ryan is easily England's best LB, probably even the best LB in the PL (not sure many more jump out as better?). at his age and the fact he's playing for us, he's clearly not worth £50 and £25m seems about fair - our hand is a lot weaker should we go down however.

He's not had the best season this year (but then again, who has), but those of you saying he doesn't care / been half hearted etc.. don't have a clue what he's like as a person. FWIW, he does care and he has been giving 100% in every game he's played.

He's been a great servant for the club and we should have let him go in the summer when he wanted the move after Puel ruined the squads moral.

My money is on Rose going to City or United and Bertrand will go to Tottenham.

Rose has been pushed out of the Spurs side by Poch/Ben Davies and they’ve had a better season than ever, he’s been injured a lot, and it’s perfectly conceivable that Bertrand will start for England in the World Cup. If Rose is worth £50mil, Bertrand is worth more, simple.

Rose has been pushed out of the Spurs side by Poch/Ben Davies and they’ve had a better season than ever, he’s been injured a lot, and it’s perfectly conceivable that Bertrand will start for England in the World Cup. If Rose is worth £50mil, Bertrand is worth more, simple.

Neither are worth £50m - probably about the same (£20-£30m).

Tottenham will demand a higher fee than us given their status and that their chairman knows how to negotiate.

We won’t be selling anyone for £50m in the summer. Not too difficult to get why I would have thought!

I agree but because the team is **** it does not mean all the players are ****

I agree. Our near desperation for money is going to mean players like Bertrand, Romeu will go for relative peanuts.

We are in for a very rocky time

They will get more than £75 million then?

How much has that £75 million (more like £50 after Celtic cut etc..) cost us in the long term? Probably our PL status c£200m a season...

I don't know what you're trying to get at, but if you're trying to say Reed is a better chairman than Levy (nothing would surprise me with you), you're even more deluded than many think.

How much has that £75 million (more like £50 after Celtic cut etc..) cost us in the long term? Probably our PL status c£200m a season...

I don't know what you're trying to get at, but if you're trying to say Reed is a better chairman than Levy (nothing would surprise me with you), you're even more deluded than many think.

Not at all, just posting for balance, try it sometime.

You have no idea how much Spurs will lose or have lost from their transfer deals based on the same scenario as we have with celtic deal.

Hilarious how are people so worried about how they are perceived to be on this internet forum :lol: