Ryan Bertrand

SO16_Saint

now that is what I call a signing.

Fantastic move by the club.

No doubt these new contracts are costing us a fortune, but the extra TV money is there and it always was going to go straight to players.

now that is what I call a signing.

Fantastic move by the club.

No doubt these new contracts are costing us a fortune, but the extra TV money is there and it always was going to go straight to players.

This is also a very good point, people shouting wanting us to spend xxx (we've got all this money left over etc etc) but these contracts are as good as, it's a massive benift to be able to sign this guys to learn term - it's a better use of the finance we have.

The remaining who are out of contract the summer after next...

Harry Lewis

Yan Valery

Richard Bakary

José Fonte - Deserves a new deal.

Maya Yoshida

Florin Gardoș

Jordan Turnbull

Will Wood

Ollie Cook

Alfie Jones

Oriol Romeu - Get him tied down on a new 4 year deal, good squad player.

Harrison Reed - Depending on how he develops this season,

Armani Little

Thomas O'Connor

Callum Slattery

Harley Willard

Tyreke Johnson

Josh Sims

Sam McQueen

Dusan Tadić - Wouldn't be surprised if he left, but want him to sign a new contract just so we get some money for him.

Olufela Olomola

Shane Long - Important first team player, get him tied down long term.

Sam Gallagher

Ryan Seager

Words? Link please.

"I'm very pleased," he said. "It's been a fantastic move for me since the day I came to this club and I look forward to many more successful years and really pushing forward.

"I've enjoyed my football here. I've really enjoyed the club, and the fans have been fantastic with me personally as well, so I couldn't think of any better place to play football and to keep on developing.

"The club is always thinking forward and I really want to be a part of that, and I am sure we can go on to achieve even better things."

Bertrand explained that seeing Virgil van Dijk, Fraser Forster, James Ward-Prowse and Steven Davis also sign new long-term deals in recent weeks and months had given him further encouragement for the years ahead.

"It was massive," he said. "To see all the boys sit down and commit, I knew I wanted to do it from the start too, and thankfully we've got it done.

"It's such a good moment, but I'm looking forward to just getting on with the football now and when we come back for pre-season really going again."

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160712-ryan-bertrand-southampton-contract-ambition-3181460.aspx#vmr5lMZmoMlY6FVz.99