André-Pierre Gignac?

aregularirregular

With Pellè leaving there has been talk about us bringing in a new striker to replace him and imo Gignac would be the perfect replacement. He's strong, physical and got a powerful shot so a v. good target man replacement.

He moved to Tigres in Mexico back in 2015 but according to The Mirror and Sport in France us and West Ham were also in for him before he moved.

His wages could be a problem but nothing we probably couldn't handle.

Any thoughts?

Gignac had Dugarry and Guivarc'h potential from his performances in the recent Euros. Can't say I've seen much of him other than that.

I doubt we'll be signing players now based on Euros performances anyway, we'd either have signed them beforehand or we're not going to.

No THanks - Might as well sign John Parkin !!!

We've missed the boat I'm afraid. Just signed for Newport County after being released by Forest Green Rovers.

Another fine example of us missing the boat because of Reed dithering. Don't know what he's playing at...

As his name was being bandied around last season, I was interested to watch him in his shorter apps. in Euro 2016......

with hindsight...I thought " he may have looked the part" , but was half-a-yard too slow at the vital moments.... (a bit like Lambert or Pelle.... on a bad day).

Can't think he'd be anywhere near top of the list in the Black Box.

We've missed the boat I'm afraid. Just signed for Newport County after being released by Forest Green Rovers.

Another fine example of us missing the boat because of Reed dithering. Don't know what he's playing at...

Yeah, I'll keep you all updated on how that works out. :o

Newport's Facebook page was just full of replies saying "HOW old is he?!?". 34, but very grey.