Fonte Transfer Rumours

Master Bates

Probably the most hilarious and least likely rumour there's been so far.

maybe Fonte feels English football is too clean?

Couple years experience doping, boosting his performance and keeping his int'l career going until his mid thirties

Makes perfect sense

HITC hardly a reliable source, but we know the board would welcome any offer with open arms and force Fonte out the door.

Do we? We have only let players go when the buying team and paid through the nose, so I don't think we would welcome "any" offer. Why would they force the captain out of the door anyway? Weird post.

Problem with this forum is that it is very hard to tell who is being sarcastic.

I assume everyone is being sarcastic, as some people can't be as stupid as their posts would otherwise have you believe. Can they??

HITC Sport must have some impressive sources to have produced this story about Fonte but it fades into insignificance against their other scoop, that Shane Long could be a target for, wait for it........................................Middlesbrough! The gambling addicts could make a fortune..........or not.

It is all nonsense anyway. Contract negotiations with their best player Quincy Promes (who incidentally would be an excellent Mané replacement) are stalling because he wants 3 million euros a year net (about 90k a week gross in the UK).

They can't afford José even in the unlikely event that he would want to go.

Strange. They do share an agent though.

Just for context they also mentioned bonnuci and some guy from Zenit, story was about lack of EPl experience in the PL with smalling at 26 the most experienced.

I'd be suprised if they spent 50mil on bonnuci so could see them spending cheeky 15mil on a defender with EPL experience

Just for context they also mentioned bonnuci and some guy from Zenit, story was about lack of EPl experience in the PL with smalling at 26 the most experienced.

I'd be suprised if they spent 50mil on bonnuci so could see them spending cheeky 15mil on a defender with EPL experience

We might have to start stepping up our scouting of Semedo...

We really don't want to be losing Fonte.

I can understand Fonte wanting a move as he is hardly rich on the wages we've paid him in the last 6 years.

A transfer fee of 20m will give him a nice lump sum.

Also, like Pelle, the last time he would have any real transfer value for us to get a decent return on him?

Am I the only one who thinks him and Cedric should have been back by now ?

Probably. None of the finalists are back with their teams yet.

Just a case of giving them a standard rest, I'm sure they're both professional enough to have kept their fitness up though.