Fonte Transfer Rumours

Master Bates

I've long given up on second guessing whether players will stay or go but this article is on Fonte signing his last contract.

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=417820

I know things change and you could say shades of Lallana but he does real sound like he feels important and happy here.

"I still had another two years - this one and another one - but the club just wanted to secure me, I think, and make this almost the last club in my career. I am extremely happy if I finish here - I would be over the moon. This is where I feel comfortable and where I feel at home. We`ve been together for such a long time and, if it happened, then I would be going out of the game really, really happy"

Edited by doddisalegend

A mate of my son who works at the club just spoke to Fonte who said he was going nowhere

He was in the same hotel in Greece as my daughter and her family 10 days ago and came across as Saints 'through and through' !

My grandson was noticed in his Saints shirt by Jose's mother-in-law and told him that Fonte had seen the boy and wanted to meet him (not the other way around) !

I know that it is probably irrelevant but the atmosphere there seemed to be very positive in favour of SFC !

Just reporting a fairly trustworthy source - of course Fonte could be lying but this forum surely is the place for this sort of 'semi informed' gossip. If Fonte had said yes he was going and I reported that then no doubt I would be getting slated. On this forum we all crave ITK information but we got to be careful we don't chase the bringers of not such good news out of town. Just saying.

Just reporting a fairly trustworthy source - of course Fonte could be lying but this forum surely is the place for this sort of 'semi informed' gossip. If Fonte had said yes he was going and I reported that then no doubt I would be getting slated. On this forum we all crave ITK information but we got to be careful we don't chase the bringers of not such good news out of town. Just saying.

I for one appreciate your post. One takes these ITK bits and makes a judgement on their veracity based on the posters past posts. Of course things don't always work out the way they "should", and the ITK'er turns out to be wrong, but that's life. Your contributions don't/never rate on the bull's hitter scale, so what you say is good enough for me and nice to know that we "should" have JF with us next season.

He is irreplaceable. He is a leader both on and off the pitch. I believe we would struggle without him; this team has been built around a solid defence. He would be a massive loss

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

This completely. Cant see how any money short of 30 or 40 mil would be worth us losing him and cant see anyone paying close to that for a 40yo. Praying he's with us next season the guy is a rock

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

Sorry if my response came across wrong!!

This is exactly the sort of thing and the lovely one from Euro Saint is what I'd expect from Jose .... but to hear it from the horse's mouth would stop all the other rubbish!!

Maybe if approaches have been made, Jose will listen to them out of respect rather than simply dismiss them out of hand.

This completely. Cant see how any money short of 30 or 40 mil would be worth us losing him and cant see anyone paying close to that for a 40yo. Praying he's with us next season the guy is a rock

Sorry edit 30yo. You know what I meant

Classy club feed

I see EFC and WHU being fairly similar now. Both being very chippy, presumably through an inferiority complex, desperate to be seen as being a PL big boy and the race to the top is not known for it's classy way of doing things. Sad really. WHU have been dragged down by their clowns of chairmen (especially the one who dresses up like a North Korean tin pot dictator) but EFC is worse, as it has been dragged down by some of its supporters. Of course this is just in my eyes and others will see it differently. It might be easy to turn around and say that it is sour grapes about Koeman, but i am pragmatic about football and who works where, but that wouldn't be accurate. It is down to their attitude now and I will love the schadenfreude if they crash this season.

Well that's not good. If Fonte goes, we have a very serious problem to overcome in a short amount of time.

Yep, little under half the window left... maybe we don't have to hit the panic button just yet.

I'd hate to see Jose go but he is getting to that stage where we will find it difficult to match what others are willing to pay him. Fingers crossed that it's not all about the money for him.

Funny isn't it, FF, who is not one to bull's hit, gives a reassurance that he isn't leaving and it is ignored in favour for a story in the paper that he is off to Everton or United. Now those same papers are saying Everton are just about to sign Williams, which may or may not be true. If you believe them on Fonte, why not Williams? Then you have to ask whether Everton are going to sign 2 CBs.

Now United ........... well, having just spent £100m+ on a player, do you think JF is high up on their list or do you think that the papers are making a Portuguese connection?

Not much incentive for the club to sell as we can't replace him for £10 million.

Could see him making a fuss about going to Man Utd, but not Everton.

Can't tell it either way since Utd don't have an exceptional first choice CB pairing, but they have many backup options arguably of a similar level to Fonte.

Bailey orwhatever his name is, the expensive signing this summer, will presumably be in the first team. Smalling had a fantastic season in a mediocre Man Utd side last season so you think he'd keep his place. I guess Fonte would fight with Jones, McNair, Rojo for the backup position. At best, he'll be a rotating CB for Utd, which isn't so bad. Seems an odd move from being well regarded first choice at saints with the fans behind him and the captains band. Then again I suppose Schneiderlin went under similar circumstances.

He is irreplaceable. He is a leader both on and off the pitch. I believe we would struggle without him; this team has been built around a solid defence. He would be a massive loss

Bit of worry as he is 32 what will we do when retires if his irreplaceable...

The graveyard is full of irreplaceable people.

Can't tell it either way since Utd don't have an exceptional first choice CB pairing, but they have many backup options arguably of a similar level to Fonte.

Bailey orwhatever his name is, the expensive signing this summer, will presumably be in the first team. Smalling had a fantastic season in a mediocre Man Utd side last season so you think he'd keep his place. I guess Fonte would fight with Jones, McNair, Rojo for the backup position. At best, he'll be a rotating CB for Utd, which isn't so bad. Seems an odd move from being well regarded first choice at saints with the fans behind him and the captains band. Then again I suppose Schneiderlin went under similar circumstances.

Smalling to Wasps. Ever so impressed with his tackling.

You're pretty special, I'll give you that.

For all the players we've sold for the last, what, six years, in every report, from the official site to any journalist, and deals through multiple agents brokers and football clubs, for high fees and low fees, not once has any release clause been mentioned by anyone. Not once.

Yeah, okay I need to do like proper evidence to convince you don't I and stuff and that.

I'll repeat the question I asked, first: who "may" we have sold via a release clause?

Whenever you're ready.

Really? post me the quote where I said we DID have them please..instead of putting words in my mouth?

Nice that you resort to insults as usual!

May I ask why the club arent PRing the f**k out of this, if its true ???

They didn't PR the sh1t out of the Long, Bertrand, JWP, Forster deals... They just announce it when they're ready, which they'll do for JF and Tadic I'm sure. Wewill all find out soon enough

May I ask why the club arent PRing the f**k out of this, if its true ???

Back to work today, training is the priority.

Then needs to:

shower, haircut, spray tan, choose watch, pluck eyebrows - quick back, sack and crack (just in case...) then the club will PR the f**K out of this great news.

#wegroomon

I see EFC and WHU being fairly similar now. Both being very chippy, presumably through an inferiority complex, desperate to be seen as being a PL big boy and the race to the top is not known for it's classy way of doing things. Sad really. WHU have been dragged down by their clowns of chairmen (especially the one who dresses up like a North Korean tin pot dictator) but EFC is worse, as it has been dragged down by some of its supporters. Of course this is just in my eyes and others will see it differently. It might be easy to turn around and say that it is sour grapes about Koeman, but i am pragmatic about football and who works where, but that wouldn't be accurate. It is down to their attitude now and I will love the schadenfreude if they crash this season.

Arsenal have been doing it for a while, it's just a "media round up" of what's online or being reported in print media so they get some of the clicks the bullsh#tters get for making it up in the first place.

Nobody else think it's a bit odd there hasn't been an interview with Fonte seeing as he just won the Euro's. Also Cedric been on Twitter and Instagram saying he is happy to be back......Fonte...the silence is deafening. Hope I am wrong....

Nobody else think it's a bit odd there hasn't been an interview with Fonte seeing as he just won the Euro's. Also Cedric been on Twitter and Instagram saying he is happy to be back......Fonte...the silence is deafening. Hope I am wrong....

If he's back today they'll be filming and editing an interview today...don't expect one to go up until later tonight, possibly tomorrow.

If he's back today they'll be filming and editing an interview today...don't expect one to go up until later tonight, possibly tomorrow.

Cedric has definitely done an interview as he was wearing a microphone in a little clip put up on the clubs snapchat, could have been a joint interview with the two Euros winners

If nothing is up tonight or tomorrow then something is up! If he had signed an extension it will been announced tonight surely. Not buying that from Crab Lungs.