Fonte Transfer Rumours

Master Bates

Jose's agent only got back Tuesday.

I still maintain that nothing I have seen or heard or understand about the situation suggests to me that Jose will be

anything but a Southampton player at the start of the season.

I would expect an announcement very soon, but I can tell you there is a lot happening,

not least a brand new season is about to get underway. :)

Jose's agent only got back Tuesday.

I still maintain that nothing I have seen or heard or understand about the situation suggests to me that Jose will be

anything but a Southampton player at the start of the season.

I would expect an announcement very soon, but I can tell you there is a lot happening,

not least a brand new season is about to get underway. :)

Thanks for the update AR-10. When you say there is a lot happening is that including the two new attacking signings? Great news about Jose though COYR

Just my punt...but...in my view...

Everton's persuing Ashley Williams is a smokescreen to try and get a deal done for Jose before next week. If Jose plays no part on Sunday, then it'll just get murkier.

Everton are shifty bar stewards, we know that.

Everton don't seem to be interested in doing things quietly so I think you're reading too much into it.

Just my punt...but...in my view...

Everton's persuing Ashley Williams is a smokescreen to try and get a deal done for Jose before next week. If Jose plays no part on Sunday, then it'll just get murkier.

Everton are shifty bar stewards, we know that.

Talk ****e were interviewing a jurno today who said Ashley Williams to Everton was going to happen the clubs are just haggling over price.

This one ?

https://www.instagram.com/f6ntefans/

"José Fonte

Welcome to the fanpage of José Fonte! Player and captain of Southampton FC, International Portuguese (winner of the Euro 2016)! [emoji471]️[emoji1201]"

That's a disgrace - he might as well plaster it with EFC stuff. We have been airbrushed out as if totally forgotten

Edit: ok that isn't his one

He's removed Saints FC from his instagram bio

No idea how recently, but it definitely used to be there.

He did that a long time back, sometime in Jan/Feb I think, nothing to worry about.

I don't think he'll leave, my only concern is that instead of him wanting to leave, we accept a £15m though BECAUSE he is 32- and we think he can do better.

Then again, I'm sure Les knows his value to the club.

Really worrying that the last saints photo he posted on there was the last competitive game he played for us. Must be a sign of doom for sure. #WeMeltOn.

Especially as he spent all summer sat on the bench for a second rate international team at a tournament they had no chance of winning. Oh.

Especially as he spent all summer sat on the bench for a second rate international team at a tournament they had no chance of winning. Oh.

**** i've had enough of this I was going to kill myself but it's now so serious i'm off to buy a Pompey shirt. Checkatrade trophy nights here I come.

He smiled in the snippet on Snapchat.

Austin was really laughing too lol

BUT, I see no captains armband?

That's because they're getting their photos done to be used in media worldwide for the entire season and it's probably a bit of a pain in the backside if he's on the bench coming back from injury but the graphic has a captain's armband on. Not to mention someone would have had to have remembered to bring one.

He did that a long time back, sometime in Jan/Feb I think, nothing to worry about.

I don't think he'll leave, my only concern is that instead of him wanting to leave, we accept a £15m though BECAUSE he is 32- and we think he can do better.

Then again, I'm sure Les knows his value to the club.

which might be 13m.

So Crab Lungs when is this new contract going to be announced? He hardly features in the video yesterday also. Something is definitely going on, think he has had his head turned.

A player on a contract for two more seasons has no choice about whether to leave or stay. The decision lies with the club. At 32, Fonte probably does still have those two more seasons as a top player but not much beyond that. Age was probably a factor in the contract extension last autumn only being for 2 more years because its likely he'd have accepted 3 years if it had been offered.

If any clubs are in for him, SFC would presumably want a fee sufficient to fund an equivalent first choice CB but at that price, the buying club would have other options as well. If offers are rejected, Jose will have to stay as he doesn't really have anything to negotiate with. That's no cast iron guarantee of a bid being turned down as money might talk, especially if a replacement has been identified. To some extent, fans concerns are fueled by the absence of any statement that he is remaining, but there isn't really a reason to say anything unless it is decided that to let him go would be in the interests of the club.

*holds phone away from head, hand on mouthpiece* Jose! Jose. It's Ron again. Do you want that money or not? He wants to know. He said something about fantastic organishashun or something too. What shall i tell him?

Fonte would be crazy to leave Southampton. He should contact Rickie Lambert, his move spelt the end of his career. Lambert was used to poach other players then thrown away like a bit of old rag. I would imagine Lambert looks back now wonders what might have been. He had just got into the England team etc, etc. Fonte has just got into the Portuguese team, they used worn out Carvalho and to be honest they looked doomed. IMO they bought on Cedric and Fonte and their fortunes changed.

If Fonte is looking to move, which I very much hope for his sake, his career as well he doesn't. When teams with big money come knocking it isn't all glory. Sniedelin is another sideliner, barely made the French team if someone else wasn't sick. DId he play? He always got a game for France when he played for Saints. Look and learn players and especially Fonte who was so proud to play for his country.

Fonte would be crazy to leave Southampton. He should contact Rickie Lambert, his move spelt the end of his career. Lambert was used to poach other players then thrown away like a bit of old rag. I would imagine Lambert looks back now wonders what might have been. He had just got into the England team etc, etc. Fonte has just got into the Portuguese team, they used worn out Carvalho and to be honest they looked doomed. IMO they bought on Cedric and Fonte and their fortunes changed.

If Fonte is looking to move, which I very much hope for his sake, his career as well he doesn't. When teams with big money come knocking it isn't all glory. Sniedelin is another sideliner, barely made the French team if someone else wasn't sick. DId he play? He always got a game for France when he played for Saints. Look and learn players and especially Fonte who was so proud to play for his country.

True but now all of those have got a different Ferrari for each day of the week instead of one for week days and one for weekends.

I would hope that Jose Fonte has more about him than trivia. Usually, Portuguese can see where they are better off. Jose has been seen as a hero in his town of Pinafiel. This has meant a lot to his family. Yes, he can go to Utd with Mourinho but, will he get a game? Will he end up like Rickie Lambert? My bet is, he will end up like Lambert. What is the point of that other than money? He has made his family proud of him, the whole family are benefitting from this. Don't be foolish Fonte stay put and ensure a game at Saints and a game for Portugal.

I would hope that Jose Fonte has more about him than trivia. Usually, Portuguese can see where they are better off. Jose has been seen as a hero in his town of Pinafiel. This has meant a lot to his family. Yes, he can go to Utd with Mourinho but, will he get a game? Will he end up like Rickie Lambert? My bet is, he will end up like Lambert. What is the point of that other than money? He has made his family proud of him, the whole family are benefitting from this. Don't be foolish Fonte stay put and ensure a game at Saints and a game for Portugal.

You can argue it the other way too. Capping your career off by playing for one of the worlds top teams for a fellow Portuguese manager who is revered in his homeland (I assume) for a shed load of cash must seem quite tempting.