Fonte Transfer Rumours

Master Bates

I do hope Utd are not interested in him, he would be a regular this season.

I do not see him going to Everton if they bid for him, specially as its looking they are not spending 100 million and improving, I would still say we have the better team but they have the proven and maybe better manager.

be an interesting team selection tomorrow.

however, dont believe a word of those tweets but you would expect Cedric, Fonte and Bertrand to at least get on the pitch for 45 mins tomorrow

Edited by Batman

why wouldnt he be?

he never played a minute at the Euro's, England went out early and teams who went further have their players playing in pre-season.

not a dickie about him from the club.

Apart from the manager saying after the espanyol game he had a knock and should be ok for sunday

Bertrand tweet has come from a bot account. The same account that has just said Matic is leaving due to not getting a birthday cake.

Also the fonte rumours have been completely made up by people on here. You have all made up this whole fonte leaving thing, with no concrete evidence and no getting stewed up over your own rumour.

Christ

You can argue it the other way too. Capping your career off by playing for one of the worlds top teams for a fellow Portuguese manager who is revered in his homeland (I assume) for a shed load of cash must seem quite tempting.

You may or may not be a Mourinho fan, we personally are not.

Do you think Lambert enjoys where he is at the moment. I bet he looks back and wonders what might have been. I think Fonte has a bit more about him. (Hope)

Bertrand tweet has come from a bot account. The same account that has just said Matic is leaving due to not getting a birthday cake.

Also the fonte rumours have been completely made up by people on here. You have all made up this whole fonte leaving thing, with no concrete evidence and no getting stewed up over your own rumour.

Christ

Amen to that.

why wouldnt he be?

he never played a minute at the Euro's, England went out early and teams who went further have their players playing in pre-season.

not a dickie about him from the club.

Hes fine. The club tweeted him happy birthday and he has been on the **** for a couple of days.

Amen to that.

Bertrand, Fonte and Tadic are all staying. Deffo. In fact when Fonte hangs his boots up he will get a coaching job here. Both him and Kelvin are taking their coaching badges. There are even tentative plans for Fonte to be a Saints Manager one day.

Well clearly there is something going on with Fonte - but this could be as simple as going over a new contract!

Although Fonte signed a new contract in November they are planning a new extended contract with a rather nice pay rise.

Someone on Twitter saying Fonte is leaving a source from someone who works as St Mary's and Bertrand and Puel had to be pulled apart at training. Great appointment Puel is sounding.

Allegedly Bertrand has a mouth on him so can believe he might have been pushing his luck. If true and it was serious and not just a little dominance/ego type confrontation, one of the two will be out the door swiftly, just as similar incidents have been dealt with quickly by the club.

Allegedly Bertrand has a mouth on him so can believe he might have been pushing his luck. If true and it was serious and not just a little dominance/ego type confrontation, one of the two will be out the door swiftly, just as similar incidents have been dealt with quickly by the club.

It's not true.

See post #274.

Allegedly from where? It's absolute tripe though.

I wonder if fonts has a highest earner clause in his contract, and we're waiting to see how high we can pay others before they join, or whether we've started paying a new addition more than him, and he's kicked up a bit if fuss?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I find it interesting that an at best half baked rumour has made so many of you both so very insecure and apparently ready to fall on your swords because if it has been said by a 'source' it must be true. How do you even manage to have a ******* without being shown how to each and every time and having your hands held? A large number of people do really come across as being too incapable of even functioning and there's no hint of irony in what you say which indicates, to be honest, that you're pretty useless people. There are a number of comments to make about said 'rumour' , but the sensible thing to do is to simply treat it as such and ignore it, but sense seems to be something wholly outwith your capabilities to comprehend let alone exercise. I think the most sensible thing that the mods should do would be to simply lock the thread. It only seems to serve to support those with incontinence to continue to fail to do something about said condition.

* Or is this the origin of the word 'bedwetter'?

Haha - no he doesn't 100%

Well I trust your knowledge more than daft unverified snippets from elsewhere. Can't honestly see any truth in the Fonte or Bertrand worries people have. The only single reason people can have for any concern is the news article that suggested Everton were going to come in, but can't see saints agreeing to that one no matter the money thrown around not at this stage anyway. Maybe in January if the offer was too good to resist. The worries about his Instagram account were laughable when the guy has been away winning the euros with his friends and family and a case of people looking for drama because all is quiet on the transfer front.

Dangermouth Most people aren't fretting at all and just discussing rumours and speculation because,well, this is a conversation forum... Sometimes it goes too far but ultimately it's just a topic to talk about whilst real news is slow and the season hasn't started. Take your own advice and relax It's just a forum.

Dangermouth Most people aren't fretting at all and just discussing rumours and speculation because,well, this is a conversation forum... Sometimes it goes too far but ultimately it's just a topic to talk about whilst real news is slow and the season hasn't started. Take your own advice and relax It's just a forum.

Well said. But although Dangermouth may have over-generalised it was fair enough to respond about the amount of pessimism on show, basically created by idle talk that became rumour that came to be treated almost as fact. Unfortunately, one of the risks of being a football fan is the ease by which depression can descend. Those of us who are of the Glass Half Full Tendency are fortunate to have greater resistance but no one is immune! As long as Fonte is fit enough for this afternoon's game, that should dispel the clouds. :)

I find it interesting that an at best half baked rumour has made so many of you both so very insecure and apparently ready to fall on your swords because if it has been said by a 'source' it must be true. How do you even manage to have a ******* without being shown how to each and every time and having your hands held? A large number of people do really come across as being too incapable of even functioning and there's no hint of irony in what you say which indicates, to be honest, that you're pretty useless people. There are a number of comments to make about said 'rumour' , but the sensible thing to do is to simply treat it as such and ignore it, but sense seems to be something wholly outwith your capabilities to comprehend let alone exercise. I think the most sensible thing that the mods should do would be to simply lock the thread. It only seems to serve to support those with incontinence to continue to fail to do something about said condition.

But its on page 6 so it MUST be true and that is proven again because Fonte hasn't sigened a new contract so therefore it MUST be true. He's off.

sarcarsm as well now.

Reading this has brightened up my day. Nonsence posted on Twitter then posted on here and people panic or even believe it, seriously low braincell count going on. I can't wait until the season starts and everyone can stop melting about preseason and start melting about what's on the pitch.

Ordinarily these sorts of rumours wouldn't be given the time of day but with our recent history of selling players fans get a little bit jumpy. Look how many reacted to the initial Koeman rumours, many said it was nonsense, look what happened.

I'm amazed people would even reference the Betrand/Puel bust up 'rumour'. Like someone said above, it's from a bot on twitter called @bestITKreporter, which should be enough to put you off anyway.

This bot is responsible for such exclusive transfer news such as "Mahrez looking to force Swansea move" and "Manchester City keen on Liverpool star Rickie Lambert", both tweets posted within the last hour.

"Someone on Twitter" is not a source.

I'm amazed people would even reference the Betrand/Puel bust up 'rumour'. Like someone said above, it's from a bot on twitter called @bestITKreporter, which should be enough to put you off anyway.

This bot is responsible for such exclusive transfer news such as "Mahrez looking to force Swansea move" and "Manchester City keen on Liverpool star Rickie Lambert", both tweets posted within the last hour.

"Someone on Twitter" is not a source.

Perhaps Liverpool had a buy back deal, ala Real Madrid, for Lambert? And after the Swansea signings this week who can blame Mahrez?

If he doesn't show up today then he's as good as gone. No pictures of him from the club so far. Such a shame if he does go. Was only a few weeks ago we were calling for him to be up on the banner and now he's cashing out like the others.

If he doesn't show up today then he's as good as gone. No pictures of him from the club so far. Such a shame if he does go. Was only a few weeks ago we were calling for him to be up on the banner and now he's cashing out like the others.

Cart very much before horse.

He's apparently there but went through main entrance.