Fonte Transfer Rumours

Master Bates

So, seems to me that Fonte is stalling on signing a new contract because he wants it to be extended an extra year instead of being the same length on better terms.

Aaaand it seems to the media that Fonte is stalling on signing a new contract so it obviously means he wants to go elsewhere.

You want a club that is run well, I respect that.

I also want our club to be run well and right now I believe it is so tick.

I would also like the club to be slightly more ambitious and take advantage of our recent success to grow and improve.

I am not seeing the evidence of this so far and feel while financially we are now better off the playing team has suffered. This is a shared opinion and was confirmed when not a single fan on here was confident enough to predict we would match or better last seasons league finish

Spend the money we have received from player sales and I would be satisfied

In truth this is a fantastic analogy. We sold 3 first team players, and purchased two. The squad is weaker despite consecutive seasons of profit, record revenues etc. If it ends that way come september then it is unacceptable.

In truth this is a fantastic analogy. We sold 3 first team players, and purchased two. The squad is weaker despite consecutive seasons of profit, record revenues etc. If it ends that way come september then it is unacceptable.

We don't always have to purchase players, we didn't purchase (insert academy starlet). I don't think you appreciate that we can't afford to replace like for like, we simply cannot afford to pay the wages of a £34 million player.

Keep your fingers crossed that we're bought by a Chinese or Saudi billionaire and in the meantime get comfortable with reality.

:)

We don't always have to purchase players, we didn't purchase (insert academy starlet). I don't think you appreciate that we can't afford to replace like for like, we simply cannot afford to pay the wages of a £34 million player.

Keep your fingers crossed that we're bought by a Chinese or Saudi billionaire and in the meantime get comfortable with reality.

Typical of a Saints fans luck, we get the only billionaire football club owners who want to make money:)

I am still really confused about the situation with Fonte.

I honestly have no idea if he's going to be with us beyond the end of the transfer window.

One thing I can say - I have followed his Facebook page for a good year now, and his last couple of posts are rather odd compared to his usual Saints-related fare. Something just doesn't add up, but to be honest I have long given up trying to understand what is going to happen at our club.

So Fonte has a Bentley, Range Rover and an Audi R8. Didn't some plum on this thread say he wasn't a millionaire? :lol:

All with the same Reg Plate? ..... DVLA will be down on him like a sack of Skatesmuff fans!! Bet he's pulling a single tax disc foe 3 different cars, poor bloke must be broke, no wonder he wants to move if he's that desperate.

I note that the SSN 'whispers' on the Transfer Centre page has seen Jose's move to Man Utd creep from 4.0 to 4.1 to 4.2 in probability since last evening. I imagine there's some intel behind that, or at least a gathering pace of 'noise'.

Probably just another 10 year old Portuguese Utd "fan" posting on Facebook.

You want a club that is run well, I respect that.

I also want our club to be run well and right now I believe it is so tick.

I would also like the club to be slightly more ambitious and take advantage of our recent success to grow and improve.

I am not seeing the evidence of this so far and feel while financially we are now better off the playing team has suffered. This is a shared opinion and was confirmed when not a single fan on here was confident enough to predict we would match or better last seasons league finish

Spend the money we have received from player sales and I would be satisfied

The highlighted statement is plain wrong !

What you mean is that Saintsweb posters are PREDICTING that the playing team will suffer but it certainly hasn't happened yet (over the past seven years at least) !

Fonte was a superb acquisition by Pardew and we have had a great six years from him. We have two weeks to find another one because he is not going to stay under a manager such as Puel who is learning his trade in the Premiership. Why wouldn't you want to work under Mourinho in the twilight years where you have not got to prove anything. The real problem is that Saints do not have a big name manager and this may be unsettling a few players. We need to be more ambitious in our spending plans - soon!

Fonte was a superb acquisition by Pardew and we have had a great six years from him. We have two weeks to find another one because he is not going to stay under a manager such as Puel who is learning his trade in the Premiership. Why wouldn't you want to work under Mourinho in the twilight years where you have not got to prove anything. The real problem is that Saints do not have a big name manager and this may be unsettling a few players. We need to be more ambitious in our spending plans - soon!

As apposed to playing under Poch, Ron and Adkins who weren't learning their trade in the premier league ? Lolz

I noticed a post yesterday mentioning that Fonte was on a flight to Manchester. Normally I ignore such rumours but I have just been told the same story from someone at work who has a friend that was on the Manchester flight yesterday. Jose was on the flight too, "all suited and booted".

Yeh I do that. When I am meeting the client I wear my suit up there so I can look al dishevelled and a mess. It wouldn't occur to me to wear normal clothes and get changed up there to look bright and fresh.:facepalm:

Yeh I do that. When I am meeting the client I wear my suit up there so I can look al dishevelled and a mess. It wouldn't occur to me to wear normal clothes and get changed up there to look bright and fresh.:facepalm:

What exactly is it that you do on a plane to get you disheveled? Whenever I've had meetings requiring flights or trains I've generally worn my suit rather than turn up in my jeans and say 'excuse me, can I get changed in your toilets please before our meeting'! Or maybe you were thinking he'd get changed in the toilets at Manchester Airport or possibly the back of the car taking him to the meeting?

What exactly is it that you do on a plane to get you disheveled? Whenever I've had meetings requiring flights or trains I've generally worn my suit rather than turn up in my jeans and say 'excuse me, can I get changed in your toilets please before our meeting'! Or maybe you were thinking he'd get changed in the toilets at Manchester Airport or possibly the back of the car taking him to the meeting?
I proper LOL'd at the thought! :lol:

I saw a red range rover with the number plate FONTE D MAN, with some bloke screaming " champion... I can't believe it" in scunny earlier. Just thought I'd let you know. (don't shoot the messehenger)

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk