Fonte Transfer Rumours

Master Bates

Has he got white sports car with number plate F3NTE? Think it was him driving down to Lordshill a minute ago

He was driving like a complete bellend on the M27 in a white sports car a while ago. Heavy traffic in every lane but he was undertaking and arrogantly shoving his way into gaps that weren't there just to get a few car lengths ahead.

Just for that reason I'd sell him.

He was driving like a complete bellend on the M27 in a white sports car a while ago. Heavy traffic in every lane but he was undertaking and arrogantly shoving his way into gaps that weren't there just to get a few car lengths ahead.

Just for that reason I'd sell him.

Needs to be more like Jason Kenny. Joking players aside they are getting harder to relate to and even the ones you thought weren't knobheads can often turn out to be.

If either go, it's quite clear both positions will be filled. The stories around J Rod and us willing to loan him kinda suggests we're adding another attacking player who will push him further down anyway.

The whole Fonte situation has been odd though, complete shut door from the club on him. We love making a big deal out of stuff, but to not even have an interview with your European winning captain rang alarm bells. I don't think he's even been put forward for post-match or pre-match. Something has been up for a good few weeks I think. Will be interesting to see how this pans out, as it's rubbish timing.

Genuinely (knows his stuff)? Have you seen what he's/she's said?

I often browse that forum in the summer, he always seems to get wind of our transfer targets before - he's kind of like the kbilly over there, not sure if he posts on here or under what name.

So will we have an adequate replacement for him??? I'm thinking not.

With JRod likely off too it's not great is it. We are going to struggle massively this season.

Why on Earth would we sell either this late in the window, if we didn't have a replacement lined up?

give him his extra year he wants, all sorted

Pay rise - maybe

Extra year - no

If either go, it's quite clear both positions will be filled. The stories around J Rod and us willing to loan him kinda suggests we're adding another attacking player who will push him further down anyway.

The whole Fonte situation has been odd though, complete shut door from the club on him. We love making a big deal out of stuff, but to not even have an interview with your European winning captain rang alarm bells. I don't think he's even been put forward for post-match or pre-match. Something has been up for a good few weeks I think. Will be interesting to see how this pans out, as it's rubbish timing.

I agree. Fonte and JRod leaving would surely be an indication that we have some pretty substantial inbound transfers afoot, as to not have very high level replacements for both lined up would be literally moronic.

I agree. Fonte and JRod leaving would surely be an indication that we have some pretty substantial inbound transfers afoot, as to not have very high level replacements for both lined up would be literally moronic.

Or we don't care about being relegated because the owner is just about to sell the club.

Fonte will go the same way as Lambert imo,flavour of the month at the minute but after a season he will be done,can't see him 1st choice at utd and will be used for league cup/FA cup and the odd Europa.

Will be a shame but we have form for bringing in exceptional CB's so I look forward to his replacement

Same for J-Rod...hoping its a 6 month loan and we can have him back at some point but he doesn't fill me with great belief at the minute where someone like Boufal or Ziyech would get the fans excited.

Worst case scenario is we do not bring in anyone and we all can rock up at SMS with our pitchforks

Beefy is saying that Jay is gone and Fonte 80% gone/20% staying. He is hoping Jose can be persuaded. Beefy said that was not speculation.

Then there is a comment about Bertrand being badly injured or off as well - not sure if serious comment

Sorry don't know how to make the images bigger

Screen Shot 2016-08-22 at 18.24.54.jpg

Edited by Pengi
thumbnails

Will be a big loss if he does go. We are giving ourselves an awful lot to do in the last week. Genuine question, have we in the last two meltdown summers had to replace such a big player this close to the deadline?

So far this is all speculation and paper talk. No evidence that Man Utd or Arsenal have made a formal approach

2 seasons ago and deep into the transfer window Schneiderlin was told he had to stay. We had sold all we were going to early in the window. He went the following season early but for a good fee

Last season and deep into the transfer window Wanyama was told he had to stay as we had sold all we were going to early in the window. He went the following year but for a good fee.

This time I speculate Fonte will be met with the same response. However he is much older and may not have any interest to buy him next year. I predict he will reluctantly take up the increased wage offer. Unless of course we have a better centre back coming in..............

can imagine saying at the signing of his new deal

"look, I will sign this £75,000 a week contract but let me tell you this, I am not fuking happy about it"

get back in the real world, Jose you ***t

You've just blown your gasket about a conversation that took place entirely in your head.