U23s

Globetrotter

Beat Fulham U23s 1-0 yesterday too, with a few points to note:

- Good to see Marcus Barnes and Will Wood back from injury

- As suspected, given that he remained with the first team seems like Alfie Jones has now surpassed Jordan Turnbull in the CB pecking order. When you factor in McCarthy and hopefully Wood too, hard to see a future for JB here now...

- Gape played - not wanted by Yeovil then?

- Will Britt also played, even though I thought he was on the released list a couple of months ago? May have imagined that though...

http://mobile.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160730-u23s-report-southampton-1-0-fulham-3215488.aspx

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

- Will Britt also played, even though I thought he was on the released list a couple of months ago? May have imagined that though...

He was released when his contract expired on 30th June...

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20160526-southampton-fc-contracts-2015-16-3125504.aspx

But with Harry Lewis with the 1st team, Paulo Gazzaniga out on loan and under under keepers with the under 18s then I guess they have Britt training & playing with the under 23s whilst he finds a new club.

He was released when his contract expired on 30th June...

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20160526-southampton-fc-contracts-2015-16-3125504.aspx

But with Harry Lewis with the 1st team, Paulo Gazzaniga out on loan and under under keepers with the under 18s then I guess they have Britt training & playing with the under 23s whilst he finds a new club.

Odd considering we had another gk as an unused sub, surely we'd have played him, especially considering it was a friendly?! (Not that I'm doubting your logic, just seems strange)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southampton U23s: Will Britt, Richard Bakary (Connor Langan 60), Ollie Cook, Jordan Turnbull (Archie Thomas 73), Will Wood (Tyreke Johnson 60), Thomas O’Connor, Dominic Gape, Ben Rowthorn (Siph Mdlalose 73), Josh Sims (Harley Willard 67), Olufela Olomola, Marcus Barnes © (Dan N’Lundulu 73)

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160730-u23s-report-southampton-1-0-fulham-3215488.aspx#mcyAPMgJAAvWUw8i.99

Beat Fulham U23s 1-0 yesterday too, with a few points to note

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

..as this part of the text relates to goalies..... maybe we should consider that since last season, we've "lost" 4 keepers.

In December, Saints released U21's Harry Isted (who went to Stoke). After which...Stekelenburg ended his loan period, KD retired and now Gazzaniga has gone on loan.

Jake Hallett kept goal for the U18's for the first half of the last season (later injured?)....then Harry Lewis was signed. Noted: Neil Osborn's name appeared a few times.

I may be wrong, but I think Will Britt was out with a long term injury, and then released in anticipation of Koeman staying another year...and signing Stek.permanent (?).

Perhaps the club are having second thoughts and changed their minds about Will Britt? Anyway ....we will see in the next few weeks.

..as this part of the text relates to goalies..... maybe we should consider that since last season, we've "lost" 4 keepers.

In December, Saints released U21's Harry Isted (who went to Stoke). After which...Stekelenburg ended his loan period, KD retired and now Gazzaniga has gone on loan.

Jake Hallett kept goal for the U18's for the first half of the last season (later injured?)....then Harry Lewis was signed. Noted: Neil Osborn's name appeared a few times.

I may be wrong, but I think Will Britt was out with a long term injury, and then released in anticipation of Koeman staying another year...and signing Stek.permanent (?).

Perhaps the club are having second thoughts and changed their minds about Will Britt? Anyway ....we will see in the next few weeks.

I think as with Gape it is just giving them game time so scouts can have a look at them.

Will Britt has just joined Salisbury so his appearance for the U23's last week was his last appearance for Saints.

• 2 weeks later...

Twitter

Southampton FC

@SouthamptonFC

FULL TIME: #LFC U23s 1-4 #SaintsFCU23s

It's a wonderful start to the #PL2 campaign for #SaintsFC ! grabyo.com/g/v/RnRlHOgzfY9

2:27 PM - 14 Aug 2016Twitter

Southampton FC

@SouthamptonFC

GOAL: #LFC U23s 1-4 #SaintsFCU23s (@olomola 69)

Olomola with a beautiful finish for his second! #saintsfc grabyo.com/g/v/MvM9jK6Iwi0

2:10 PM - 14 Aug 2016Twitter

Southampton FC

@SouthamptonFC

GOAL: #LFC U23s 1-3 #SaintsFCU23s (@olomola 52)

Olufela Olomola fires in after a scramble from a corner. #saintsfc grabyo.com/g/v/aWPr6lp8ifL

2:03 PM - 14 Aug 2016Twitter

Southampton FC

@SouthamptonFC

46: #SaintsFCU23s are back under way against their #LFC counterparts at Prenton Park. [1-2] grabyo.com/g/v/uHGjaLOJeNu

1:48 PM - 14 Aug 2016Twitter

Southampton FC

@SouthamptonFC

HALF TIME: #LFC U23s 1-2 #SaintsFCU23s

@simsjosh12 and @JakeHesketh for #SaintsFC , before Ings pulled one back. grabyo.com/g/v/9hpd8JnYdHn

1:35 PM - 14 Aug 2016Twitter

Southampton FC

@SouthamptonFC

GOAL: #LFC U23s 1-2 #SaintsFCU23s (Danny Ings 35)

Ings gets the hosts back into the game at Prenton Park. grabyo.com/g/v/63VNWigUlZr

1:17 PM - 14 Aug 2016Twitter

Southampton FC

@SouthamptonFC

GOAL: #LFC U23s 0-2 #SaintsFCU23s (@JakeHesketh 17)

Hesketh nets an astonishing strike to double #SaintsFC 's lead! grabyo.com/g/v/uw3NmnMZDnN

1:12 PM - 14 Aug 2016Twitter

Southampton FC

@SouthamptonFC

GOAL: #LFC U23s 0-1 #SaintsFCU23s (@simsjosh12 12)

Sims converts Yan Valery's cross to give #SaintsFC the lead. grabyo.com/g/v/4EaooK57jVX