Jeremy Pied Joins - 2 Year Deal (Official)

SO16_Saint

I have a pathological hatred of the boots worn today.

Blades and the lightness of the boot seems to lead to far more injuries.

Didn't get so many of these type of injuries, or broken metatarsal when they were wearing the old Adidas World Cup's or Puma King's, playing on sh*t, heavy pitches.

I think when such injuries happen so soon after we sign players, questions need to be asked about the medical team who assess a player. Something somewhere is obviously right and these teams should be able to pinpoint potential weaknesses in order that coaches can program proper training regimes.

I agree with you Art. The medical team seriously need to upgrade their crystal balls as it is appalling that it couldn't pick up and identify JRod falling badly and buggering up his knee 2 years after he signed for the club.

But then with Forster..... He recovered really well.

• 1 year later...

Not an expensive one, so no huge problem, but Pied was another poor signing summer of 2016.

If the guy brought in as backup RB doesn't play when the main RB is out injured then he is just wasting a space in the squad.

Backup fullbacks are important, especially at Saints as that position is key to hoe we play.

Once Pied is released in the summer hopefully we get someone a little better who is actually an option to start a game when needed.

Not an expensive one, so no huge problem, but Pied was another poor signing summer of 2016.

If the guy brought in as backup RB doesn't play when the main RB is out injured then he is just wasting a space in the squad.

Backup fullbacks are important, especially at Saints as that position is key to hoe we play.

Once Pied is released in the summer hopefully we get someone a little better who is actually an option to start a game when needed.

To be fair, he had a major knee injury after signing, may well have lost a bit of pace/mobility as a result and never be the player for us he could've been.

Thought the bloke did ok tonight. Proper professional performance. Journeymen has become a term of abuse, but in his case it shouldn’t be so. Didn’t let anyone down tonight and it can’t be easy not playing week in week out and then having to perform. For a club our size he proved tonight he’s a decent squad player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thought the bloke did ok tonight. Proper professional performance. Journeymen has become a term of abuse, but in his case it shouldn’t be so. Didn’t let anyone down tonight and it can’t be easy not playing week in week out and then having to perform. For a club our size he proved tonight he’s a decent squad player.

He did play well - and got little or no help in attack or defence from James W.P. Not as effective at getting forward post-injury, but he's a genuinely good right back.

He did ok last night. I had to laugh cos at one point during all the tappy tappy sideways passing in defence on an increasingly dodgy surface he actually pointed to where the goal we were attacking was. This was ultimately ignored as the midfield then took over the tappy tappy sideways role.

Agree - it can't have been easy for him with so little Premier League experience.

I like him. Puts in a shift, and as others have said, it can't be easy being out for months at a time, and then just being thrown in and asked to handle it. Then factor in the injury etc. Never seems to complain, just acts like a professional and gets on with it. Certainly not the level we need for a starter, but a perfect backup RB in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

NO! That doesn't mean they are definitely off, simply that with 6 months on their contract, they can agree a contract with another supplier when this one ends with current supplier. I think he looks good, and with the uncertainty over Cedric, we should offer him another contract IMHO.

NO! That doesn't mean they are definitely off, simply that with 6 months on their contract, they can agree a contract with another supplier when this one ends with current supplier. I think he looks good, and with the uncertainty over Cedric, we should offer him another contract IMHO.

Well with other clubs perhaps. However I think it's only moves to non-UK clubs that can be negociated during the final 6 months. May have changed recently though. I see him at a Nantes, Amiens type of club really..

Get the feeling with Pied, had he not been injured after arriving he would have done a good job.

Against Palace, he may have looked like he was blowing after 20 minutes, but he still looked reasonable.

Edited by Colinjb