Espanyol game

Give it to Ron

It's first come first served and no idea what's going to be open. I suppose you could go online for the Bilbao tickets and see how many we've sold and take about 10% off that for it being midweek and people being forgetful - though the only people I know who aren't going to one game are going Weds and can't make Sunday.

well its definitely no reserved seating for tomorrow but I dont know about the stands all being open.

I would guess not

i was wondering that, have a ticket for the chapel stand for Sunday but would like to sit in the Kingsland tomorrow night, will see if it is open, and if so if my ticket lets me in there. there will be a small crowd, i doubt more than 8000 tomorrow night so would not surprise me to just see two stands open .

Asked at the ticket office when I bought mine on Saturday and the chap there said all stands would be open.

That would make sense as the Sunday match seats were reserved for ST holders in all areas and the same ticket is valid for Wednesday.

What size crowd are we expecting?

Only 2 games and 10 weeks before Watford. Surely there will be a strong side put out with no exceptions bar the newest lads? Or maybe the likes of Cedric, Fonte and Bertrand will come on second half? Be interesting to see which youngsters still feature.

What size crowd are we expecting?

Only 2 games and 10 weeks before Watford. Surely there will be a strong side put out with no exceptions bar the newest lads? Or maybe the likes of Cedric, Fonte and Bertrand will come on second half? Be interesting to see which youngsters still feature.

2 games in 10 weeks?!?!, everyone out! ;)

With the squad nearly set I'll be very interested to see what kids get minutes over the next two games and who takes their chance. It is very clear to me from the Puel interviews yesterday that he has a remit to ensure there is a pathway to the first team for the youngsters so lets see who takes their chance in these games.

I can see us going full on with the first team tonight (maybe with Fonte and Cedric sitting out though), it's midweek against European opposition and they'll probably be trying to manage the situation to get a routine for the group games.

Also, because there's a reasonable possibility of us playing Athletic Bilbao in the Group Stages (they're definitely in the group stages and a seed in Pot 1, whilst we can't be in that Pot), I think we'll play a weaker side on Sunday. That does fly a little in the face of conventional wisdom, so maybe we bring Bertrand back tonight and give Pied his debut but but stick with Van Dijk and Yoshida in the middle, then bring Fonte and Cedric back on Sunday, with Hjobjerg in front in one game and Romeu in front in the other. We have enough midfielders and strikers to make up two separate sides for tonight and Sunday without overly relying on the kids anyway.

I can see us going full on with the first team tonight (maybe with Fonte and Cedric sitting out though), it's midweek against European opposition and they'll probably be trying to manage the situation to get a routine for the group games.

Also, because there's a reasonable possibility of us playing Athletic Bilbao in the Group Stages (they're definitely in the group stages and a seed in Pot 1, whilst we can't be in that Pot), I think we'll play a weaker side on Sunday. That does fly a little in the face of conventional wisdom, so maybe we bring Bertrand back tonight and give Pied his debut but but stick with Van Dijk and Yoshida in the middle, then bring Fonte and Cedric back on Sunday, with Hjobjerg in front in one game and Romeu in front in the other. We have enough midfielders and strikers to make up two separate sides for tonight and Sunday without overly relying on the kids anyway.

Is Bertrand fit? No sign of him in any training videos/pics. Also no sign of Florin still. Guess we will find out tonight.

SAINTS: Forster; Martina, Yoshida, Van Dijk, McQueen; Romeu; Ward-Prowse, Clasie; Tadić; Long, Redmond.

Bench: McCarthy, Valery, Stephens, Jones, Turnbull, Højbjerg, Reed, Davis, Isgrove, Rodriguez, Austin.

I wonder how much we can take from that squad as to who will be his starting 11 this season?

McQueen in at LB presumably because Bertrand isn't ready to play yet, I know Targett went off in his last game.

Martina at RB because Pied\Cedric not ready to play

Yoshida because Fonte not ready to play and Gardos still injuryed.

Fully fit squad

GK Forster

LB Bertrand

CB Fonte

CB Van Dijk

RB Cedric

M Claise

M JWP

M Romeu

M Tadic

ST Long

ST Redmond

I saw a quote from Claude saying he thinks Redmond can play as a striker (link below)

"Puel note Nathan Redmond’s potential as a centre-forward. "He played always wide but I think he is a very good striker""

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/02/eden-hazard-alexandre-lacazette-and-thierry-henry-show-claude-pu/

A lot of our key players aren't going to have played much football come the start of the season.

shhh. someone will have a pop at you for being 'negative'

we do things methodically, radically and uniquely. We don't buy success etc

season starts next week and the first team (as of today) looks pretty weird.

hopefully, will look better next weekend

shhh. someone will have a pop at you for being 'negative'

we do things methodically, radically and uniquely. We don't buy success etc

season starts next week and the first team (as of today) looks pretty weird.

hopefully, will look better next weekend

Agree, the first team does look a bit light but... We haven't finished recruiting yet

you're not the first person to ask that question. :rolleyes:....but if there is........ it won't emerge until kick-off time.

let's face it, Saints will want to get as many as possible in SMS before showing it free on You Tube.

Saints have confirmed via their official twitter that it won't be on youtube

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I have an account.. nothing showing for me??

They say they live stream it for accounts with funds ... I tried to knock up an account to watch the game but don't fancy putting funds in simply to watch a friendly - hopefully the weekend game will be available somewhere.

They say they live stream it for accounts with funds ... I tried to knock up an account to watch the game but don't fancy putting funds in simply to watch a friendly - hopefully the weekend game will be available somewhere.

I've got some bets going on with bet365 and I they're not showing it, I can watch other games but saints isn't available.

You didn't seriously expect Fonte or Cedric to play tonight did you? Bertrand is more of a concern, injured presumably, like Targett. Chance for McQueen who has looked capable in pre-season.

Why wouldn't they be able to do a half? Not that much of an unreasonable expectation.