Olympics

Batman

It is disappointing that a country isn't embracing it.

Either way, great to see our team doing so well.

There's an element of political protest and boycott in Rio going on.

Some protesters in Rio have followed a strategy you will be unfamiliar with: a critical part of their protest is to not to scuttle off down the box office and start handing over cash to buy the very thing that they are protesting about.

I`m enjoying the cycling of course and I enjoy Chris Boardman`s knowledgeable insight. At the London Olympics he was alongside Hugh Porter and together they made the best commentating team for events at which they had both excelled and knew inside out. This time we have BBC place man Simon Brotherton, who is doing his best but annoyingly tends to mask his inexperience in cycling with a constant babble and arcane `facts` about the participants. It ain`t the same without High Porter, who was dumped by the BBC in 2013 - largely because he was 73 - and replaced by the younger man. It`s the Beeb being ageist again and once more the viewer/listener is the loser.

I`m enjoying the cycling of course and I enjoy Chris Boardman`s knowledgeable insight. At the London Olympics he was alongside Hugh Porter and together they made the best commentating team for events at which they had both excelled and knew inside out. This time we have BBC place man Simon Brotherton, who is doing his best but annoyingly tends to mask his inexperience in cycling with a constant babble and arcane `facts` about the participants. It ain`t the same without High Porter, who was dumped by the BBC in 2013 - largely because he was 73 - and replaced by the younger man. It`s the Beeb being ageist again and once more the viewer/listener is the loser.

Every track cyclist has won at least one medal.

Oh Lutalo :(

It doesn't get any better the next day.

That might be the most gutted I've been watching sport.

All he had to do was step back at the restart, nothing the other guy could have done.

He thought it was already over, let his guard go just slightly, didn't finish it off, and now he has to work for four years just to give himself a chance of putting that right.

:(