Højbjerg

Edmonton Saint

Just don't understand how he didn't start. Got to wonder what JWP is like in training as I just don't see it on match days.

JWP has had a full preseason with us; knows the league, teammates and what's required etc. it's easy to understand why he got the start. Not going to blame Puel for the decision like some dins on here have; hopefully Puel now knows his strongest midfield (though Romeu is no Wanyama or ballwinner). If he continues to pick JwP over PEH, however, then I will begin to ask questions.

Edited by shurlock

*Positive post about JWP alert*

Does anyone think JWP will pick up things from the Hoj and push on? They could end up complimenting each other and competing.

JWP wasn't as bad as people made out, every player was useless 1st half, unfair to pick out JWP anymore than Davis IMO.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

He looked a class above the rest today, with the exception of VVD perhaps. When he got on the ball he looked to move it quickly, and move forward, something the others seemed scared of doing.

JWP and Davis will not offer enough together IMO, one or the other to play with Romeu and PEH

Far too lightweight, esp JWP. Clasie would be a better option.

*Positive post about JWP alert*

Does anyone think JWP will pick up things from the Hoj and push on? They could end up complimenting each other and competing.

JWP wasn't as bad as people made out, every player was useless 1st half, unfair to pick out JWP anymore than Davis IMO.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Hopefully you're right but he's had 3 seasons of playing with and against good premiership footballers and is yet to become one himself. Hojberg's performance yesterday served to highlight how ineffective he was/is.

Hojbjerg looked like he'd been playing in the Prem for 5 years already, great strength, gets around, sharp passing including forward, looks like an excellent prospect.

Ward-Prowse has gone backwards since the Groningen game when he also looked incisive and involved, but it doesn't help when the defence knows what you're trying to do every single time you attack, and is able to dismiss any aerial threat and just focus on the one type of attacking they know they will face.

Quality player.

Fear he will be gone at the end of this season as the big poachers will dangle a carrot for Reed to bite.

I'm hoping yesterday was an exception and he turns out to be effing terrible meaning we keep him for every last second of his entire miserable contract.

I'm hoping yesterday was an exception and he turns out to be effing terrible meaning we keep him for every last second of his entire miserable contract.

Yep, we are far better signing rubbish that nobody wants, that way we can never be disappointed.

Changed the game completely when he came on, looked excellent. JWP was hopeless, his passing was awful, and as usual his tacking was abysmal, gave the ball away so many times. But he is young yet, oh wait he's older than Pierre.

Totally agree - he is JWPs replacement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quality player.

Fear he will be gone at the end of this season as the big poachers will dangle a carrot for Reed to bite.

The classic lose-lose ploy.

Good to know that no matter what happens half of us will be unhappy.