Man UTD build up thread

Yorkshire Saint

Does anyone else think that Man Utd have suddenly become afraid of " little Saints " ? Is it going to be a David v. Goliath game again ?

It must be embarrassing for them to have been turned over by us at home for the last two seasons, especially having LvG spending that huge volume of money on players who later proved to be ....less than they expected.

Now that they have signed the " top striker in Europe", and the most expensive player ever ....and signed a manager, (who on his own admmission) is " a bit Special " .. ...they surely are desperate to win every game convincingly.

The media coverage around this has been a bit unusual to say the least. The Jose Fonte story, may be a little smoke before the fire starts, or is it just a smoke screen to upset Saints?......(I noticed that Claude Puel smelt a rat there.).....

Mourinho says that Pogba may " get some minutes "(perhaps suggesting he will start on the bench) and come on to slay a tiring Saints side (?) if MU are struggling,

and JM has gone public with a demand for the Old Trafford fans to "out-sing" the few thousand Saints fans who will be crammed into one corner of their 75,000 stadium.

Maybe it's just my imagination, but it we manage a hat-trick of wins tonight there will be more pressure on the Man U staff /players than they could ever have imagined.

COYR!!!!!

That's a mighty big IF.

I just hope we don't cave in to them tonight.

Just pack the box and snatch the winner fellers.

Blimey its as grim as the weather on here this morning!!

Ah well if we are getting spanked at half time there is always GB Womens Olympic Hockey team Bullying Off for gold on BBC at 9pm.

;)

If we could produce the same spirit, commitment and drive as those gals have shown, we'd win the league.

The difference between them and most pro football teams is striking.

Head says: 3-1 to Manure. Long to score first, Utd to dominate the half but not score. Second half 70th minute they score and we sadly collapse.

Heart says: Saints 1-0, Redmond with the goal.

Line up I expect to see:

Forster

Cedric - Fonte - Van Dijk - Targett

Romeu

Hoijbjerg - Tadic

Davis

Redmond - Long

Hope to see this line up:

Forster

Cedric - Fonte - Van Dijk - Targett

Romeu - Hoijbjerg

Davis - Redmond - Tadic

Long

no.
This

Expect us to get caned by ManUre and the Arse (which is a shame because for the past two seasons I was confident we could beat anyone home or away on our day). Surely it's the Sunderland and Swansea home games that we judge things on? 4 or 6 points from those and we should be in for an ok season. Anything less and the Puel appointment/tight purse strings strategy starts to look like the naive thinking some of us fear it to be. I've never been overly bothered losing to the usual suspects; it's how the manager/team respond to those results against the 'lesser' sides that I judge our capability on.

5-0 to Utd (2-0 up after 15 mins)

Heads go down and players arguing with each other.

Fonte waving to the saints fans after the game and then going up to the other end to sign autographs whist wearing a Utd scarf.

Les reed to announce imminent signings over the weekend.

Yoshida scores 1 and has an assist in 2 others.

JWP bosses the midfield but fans don't realise he's playing until he's subbed.

I'm confident that there will be goals!

Think we'll do alright but they will finish better and generally outmuscle us in midfield. 3-1 loss.

I think I would play Fonte, whatever's going on in the background he would be a better option than Yoshi. If he does go then so be it, I'd still want him on the banner.

Calls to delay kick off on twitter...... Apparently traffic horrendous and been like that for a few hours

Predictable. Reslly the knobheads that come up with the idea of fixtures at OT on a Friday evening should be shot. Doesn't matter if its Saints or not, Man U supporters nearly all arrive via M6 on an already busu roure on a Friday night in the Summer holidays. Madness.

Our team bus has just arrived, Les Reed was one of the first off and saw him stand and shake the hand of each player as they got off. Seemed slightly bizarre....

Uncle Les has had enough of Puel press conferences so puts himself in as manager.

Will pick up where he left off at charlton......

Our team bus has just arrived, Les Reed was one of the first off and saw him stand and shake the hand of each player as they got off. Seemed slightly bizarre....

He probably saw a few cameraman waiting outside the bus and had to make sure there weren't any pictures without him in them.

Predictable. Reslly the knobheads that come up with the idea of fixtures at OT on a Friday evening should be shot. Doesn't matter if its Saints or not, Man U supporters nearly all arrive via M6 on an already busu roure on a Friday night in the Summer holidays. Madness.

Do you understand the tv deal?

They d1cked us at St Mary's in October during, or beginning our ropy phase. Think it might be the case at OT, we're going to take a while to bed in. But who cares, it's basically a free hit and we'll be awesome before long. (or even at the same time as long!). COYS!

This

Expect us to get caned by ManUre and the Arse (which is a shame because for the past two seasons I was confident we could beat anyone home or away on our day). Surely it's the Sunderland and Swansea home games that we judge things on? 4 or 6 points from those and we should be in for an ok season. Anything less and the Puel appointment/tight purse strings strategy starts to look like the naive thinking some of us fear it to be. I've never been overly bothered losing to the usual suspects; it's how the manager/team respond to those results against the 'lesser' sides that I judge our capability on.

You are absolutely right. It is not the games against the likes of Manure that will define our season but those of our rivals like Sunderland, Watford, Bournemouth and Hull.