That Villa Feeling....

beowulf

Nothing like a knee jerk reaction after the first match! Yes Hojberg impressed when he came on but very easy to say after the event why didn't he start.could be any number of reasons but don't start slating after 1 game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thing you only post about 30 times over the course of a year.

:rolleyes: I've only just come on here.

I have supported Saints for over 50 years sunshine and if I want to express my concerns I will do.

Of course its early days but when you have supported Saints as long as I have just know when something is wrong.

I'm not sure about this manager,maybe he's been told he has to make do with the squad as it is, I don't know.

I just feel this season will be a struggle and a frantic transfer window wont help this time.

I have supported Saints for over 50 years sunshine and if I want to express my concerns I will do.

Of course its early days but when you have supported Saints as long as I have just know when something is wrong.

I'm not sure about this manager,maybe he's been told he has to make do with the squad as it is, I don't know.

I just feel this season will be a struggle and a frantic transfer window wont help this time.

What gives you that impression, the transfer window isn't over and the itk's think we're bringing in a couple more before it changes.

Someone of your vintage should realise that if you act like a child, you'll be treated as one.

What gives you that impression, the transfer window isn't over and the itk's think we're bringing in a couple more before it changes.

Someone of your vintage should realise that if you act like a child, you'll be treated as one.[/quoteKeybo]

Treated as a child eh! Keyboard warriors are just a joke in my book.

Not impressed by our managers team selection. Why on earth didn't Hojbjerg start?

Cant see many goals this season, why haven't we strengthened the squad more? We will pay for this big time.

Okay I will indulge you ... he is new to the team, his fitness may be in question, tactical decisions... take your pick. If Puel keeps getting them wrong complain but after one game (a draw) it seems a tad premature, no matter what feeling you have, to make a doom mongering thread.

I suggest you get a seat closer to the pitch ... but seriously, we created a few good chances, had the ball in the back of the net twice yet we are playing a new formation and may yet add new personal. Patience. Makes you feel better the boys in blue managed a spectacular 0-0 away to Crewe.

Express away sunshine.

I guess after 50 years you've mastered the art of predicting the outcome of a season based on the first 90 minutes.

1973 must have been a real bugger.

Don't see much point in stumping up £5 any more as it is full of ****, and depressing pessimists that I can well do without.

That pretty much sums up my feelings. Seems worse this Summer. Perhaps as the club progresses with each season, the number of ball-less, lily-livered, poor-excuses for grown men increases?

God help us if something serious ever befalls this country if some of the eunuchs on here are representative of our adult population.

Have you been a total co_ck the whole time or is it a new phenomenon?

Some would say that Puel played it right with Pierre coming on. Clearly was not working so he changed it up. Surely that's a plus not a negative......but it does not have the same ring to it does it

Why didn't he start? He's clearly our best midfielder, he should be starting every game when fit.

I don't have any doubts about our transfer business, the signings we've made have been good and there will be a couple more to come I'm sure. But I'm more concerned about Puel. It doesn't strike me as good management to make a pre-determined decision to change the formation of a successful team, playing players out of position and a formation that doesn't fit our key playersl. A good manager should be picking formations and tactics to suit the players, not stubbornly bringing a formation with him and refusing to deviate from it even if it's ineffective.

I hope the signings we make fit the diamond, because I don't see him changing it

This place is full of WUM's at the moment.

Not so much WUMS as knee-jerkers, and yes, that could be used as a euphemism. We have had one game, half of which was dreadful and half of which was pretty good. So what has this forum deduced from it?

1) Puel is useless. His system doesn't work.

2) Redmond is less than average. Waste of money.

3) Yoshida is a liability although I thought that he had a decent game yesterday....back pass apart...

4)Cedric is dreadful...Although again I thought that he did alright yesterday.

5) Oriel is useless....not a Wanyama replacement....Although before this one game most thought that he was ....

Have I missed anything else negative? I am sure that I must have....

I suppose that after yesterday's games Hull will be Champions because they beat Leicester....that how these things work......isn't it?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

After only 90 minutes on the pitch, don't you think it's slightly too early to make a judgment?

Of course, one needs to only look at Pochettino's and Koeman's first few games in charge to realise that not every slow start equates to a poor season.

Nothing to do with that ......The squad is very poor and quite average and most fans can see it.......If we dont get a QUALITY holding midfielder .... a QUALITY attacking midfielder with goals ...decent Cb cover and i stiill think we need another Pelle type striker we will struggle big time and thats not being negative its being realistic.

A few years ago an old friend added me on FB. He was a massive clown and borderline weirdo. When I knew him he used to profess to support Mansfield Town but coming from Fareham he was obviously a Skate. By the time he popped up on FB he'd come out as a massive Skate Cnrunt and was so objectionable about anything Saints we ended up kicking off at each other badly. Not heard from him since. HIS NAME ON FB, BEOWULF, (maybe a coincidence but not too many fans of Nazi tank commanders around)

I think he made the wrong decision with regards to Austin when he came on I feel he should of brought on Jay Rod instead who is quicker and more suited the style of play at the time of the game, otherwise Puel made the right subs.

I do hope Jay Rod can get himself in the team and 90% back to how he was because otherwise we will struggle for goals, Davis JWP Romeu and Hojberg won't score loads but will play a crucial part in assists.

Lets also remember yesterday we had no Fonte or Bertrand and if them two play we most likely win that game, however with Fonte now looking like he is off we need a CB in ASAP with at least 2-3 years of prem experience.

This place is full of WUM's at the moment.

I suspect there are quite a few skates on here pretending to be saints fans who post the odd normal post so they don't stand out as obvious skates, don't post a great deal, but are at the front of the queue when there is a chance of a wind up.

I suspect there are quite a few skates on here pretending to be saints fans who post the odd normal post so they don't stand out as obvious skates, don't post a great deal, but are at the front of the queue when there is a chance of a wind up.

Agreed. Just check out the 2 threads this one has started in the last month or so.

'HIS NAME ON FB, BEOWULF, (maybe a coincidence but not too many fans of Nazi tank commanders around'

Is this a joke? Since when has there been a Nazi tank commander called Beowulf?

As for being a Skate, well words fail me.

I stood on the Terraces with Dougal and co and was at old Wembley in 1976 twice and 1979,as I said I have been a fan for over 50 years, even have a brick in the wall at St. Marys,lol.

Is this what its come to?If someone has serious concerns about the club and posts on message board with them, he must be a skate?

I wouldn't call people I don't know names on here because I have no idea who I'm talking to, I suggest those that do have a serious look at themselves, its not clever and certainly not brave.

Mr Beowolf if you are looking for serious discussion with sensible answers I suggest that you look at other message boards. This was when it first started a place for reasonable debate but that has fallen by the wayside in place of sniping, petty arguments, look at me I am ITK statements. and the doom and gloom bed wetting that we see on a daily basis.

Apart from that feel free to post what you like but expect to be outed as a skate because you dont already have 10,000 posts to your name, and if you're not a fully paid up member of the curry club just expect abuse.

'HIS NAME ON FB, BEOWULF, (maybe a coincidence but not too many fans of Nazi tank commanders around'

I stood on the Terraces with Dougal and co and was at old Wembley in 1976 twice and 1979,as I said I have been a fan for over 50 years, even have a brick in the wall at St. Marys,lol.

Is this what its come to?If someone has serious concerns about the club and posts on message board with them, he must be a skate?

I wouldn't call people I don't know names on here because I have no idea who I'm talking to, I suggest those that do have a serious look at themselves, its not clever and certainly not brave.

As another 50 years plus fan you have my sympathy Beowulf for some of the more ridiculous responses to your post

Whilst I don't necessarily agree there is a reason to panick yet I respect your right to your opinion and concerns

As I said in my post, must be a coincidence.

Nothing to do with that ......The squad is very poor and quite average and most fans can see it.......If we dont get a QUALITY holding midfielder .... a QUALITY attacking midfielder with goals ...decent Cb cover and i stiill think we need another Pelle type striker we will struggle big time and thats not being negative its being realistic.

That's b0ll0xs