Dubai

benjii

Fellow global citizens, I am minded to travel to Dubai for an holiday in October.

I would be travelling and sharing a room, however, with a woman and her child. They have different surnames and I have a different surname to both of them. So, in total, three different surnames. Now, I know that in theory unmarried couple should not share a room in Dubai (criminal!) but no one actually cares. I am wondering if the further addition of a sprog with a different surname to either of us will cause any difficulties.

Because you are such a well-travelled bunch I wondered if any of you would know?

With thanks and kind regards.

It depends if you are going to a reasonable hotel or a back street knocking shop type.

If the former you will get questions asked and they will probably make you take three rooms. but will not care if you only use one of them.

The latter will let you stay if you only check in one person then sneak the other two in as guests of the room holder.

Dubai: In October the average temperature is 36 °C (97 °F), with very high heat and humidity. The average sea temperature around Dubai Airport in October is 30 °C (86 °F).

Well, at least you can cool off in the jacuzzi.

Looking forward to it cooling down to that!! Better than the 46c and humid and dusty at the moment :rolleyes:

Benji, not sure how the hotels here deal with un-married couples sharing, but it must happen all the time without any problems.

Have you made your booking yet? If you have and they have the names of the guests and not raised any objections I'd guess you are fine.

You may want to check what paperwork you may need for UK Border Control for taking a "unrelated" by name minor out of the country.

If any games are on whilst you are here you have to join us @dubaisaints @barasti.