Football Manager 2017 - Release date & a 20% discount

Matthew Le God

Game is out on 4th November 2016 (pre-orders get access to beta version roughly two weeks before release)

If you own one or more of...

- Football Manager 2013

- Football Manager 2014

- Football Manager 2015

- Football Manager 2016

Then you get a 5% discount for each when buying Football Manager 2017 on Steam (if all on same Steam account). So a potential saving of 20% for being loyal to the series...

CqEGhHWWgAAY9Ff.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Why is there no expansive list of exactly the same features this year, so I can decide not to buy it again?

I spent a couple of hours messing about with 3D kit textures in FM15 last week to recreate my Sunday team's kit from 1998 in the game, God knows why. :D

• 4 weeks later...
Why is there no expansive list of exactly the same features this year, so I can decide not to buy it again?

I spent a couple of hours messing about with 3D kit textures in FM15 last week to recreate my Sunday team's kit from 1998 in the game, God knows why. :D

I can relate to this - spent hours editing my own teams into Pro Evo last season, now going through it all again for 2017 - there's something so much more fun about having yourself and your friends and anything related to you personally in the game! Harks back to the days I used to edit an entire league in Fifa 99 and various Championship Managers...

I can relate to this - spent hours editing my own teams into Pro Evo last season, now going through it all again for 2017 - there's something so much more fun about having yourself and your friends and anything related to you personally in the game! Harks back to the days I used to edit an entire league in Fifa 99 and various Championship Managers...

Heh, don't get me started on my Winning Eleven/PES editing days, used to spend weeks sodding about with the various templates to get as close as you could, before they used the Winning Eleven 3 J-League edition template for all PES games - and then you could finally import kit front designs. Various option file editors, etc. I also created the entire Southampton IFC (originally Saints Forever forum team) on the last version on the PS2 before the Xbox360 came out, about 10 years ago. Two entire squads and EVERY accurate skill score for every player in every category as well as heights, weights and build, edited boot style and colours, long/short sleeves, tucked and untucked shirts, the lot. I then created the same file with all the skills neutralised so I didn't upset anyone. :)

My last PROPER look at FM was FM15, when I got to the 13th Tier of Welsh football with my league structure editing and team creation - including all Newport and District leagues, about 40 old teams from the 90s who no longer exist to give the leagues some future freshness, and all accurate cups, league cups, reserve divisions, promotion and relegation across Gwent County... plus about 5 different versions of myself and all my teammates with birthdates edited and potential amended depending on age.

Since then they've merged the two Cardiff area amateur leagues and the whole thing now needs re-doing though...

Edited by The9

• 4 weeks later...
With the discount mentioned in the OP, when does that get applied when trying to buy/download through Steam? I've got 2013, 2015 and 2016, so theoretically should get a 15% discount, but it's not showing up anywhere.

There was a deadline to do so I believe.

Having not played anything approaching the full version in years, I am pretty useless. Can anyone suggest any tactics for a Saints? Everything I try seems to result in long shots and slow buildup with ball constantly being given away and the opposition scoring with potshots from everywhere.

Having not played anything approaching the full version in years, I am pretty useless. Can anyone suggest any tactics for a Saints? Everything I try seems to result in long shots and slow buildup with ball constantly being given away and the opposition scoring with potshots from everywhere.

Um... you've got realism set to 100%.

• 1 month later...
Having not bought FM for a few years (fed up of paying full price each year for what was essentially a database update), I've just had a look at getting FM17 in the steam sale but the reviews are terrible (20/80% positive/negative).

Is it really that bad?

it is alright.

if you get it every year (which probably most on steam do) very little has changed.

if you have not played it in years, then maybe you will appreciate it a lot more.

Having not bought FM for a few years (fed up of paying full price each year for what was essentially a database update), I've just had a look at getting FM17 in the steam sale but the reviews are terrible (20/80% positive/negative).

Is it really that bad?

Play the demo for free and decide for yourself...

http://www.footballmanager.com/news/play-fm17-demo

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not sure that it is getting actively worse but I stopped buying a few years back as it is essentially the same game re-released each year with a database update and some minor tweaks around the edges so that they can claim that it has "new features" and is therefore worth paying full price for.

If they were to change to a £10 per year for a database update I might start looking at it again but until then it is not for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk