Club being Tight

Smalls

We have brought in 60 million spend 22 million this summer sorry but quite frankly this will not allow us to progress, yes i agree don't spend for the sake of it but your not telling me we can't find better players around the world than what we have. I haven't even included the fab money we got from the league for finishing 6th.

We have brought in 60 million spend 22 million this summer sorry but quite frankly this will not allow us to progress, yes i agree don't spend for the sake of it but your not telling me we can't find better players around the world than what we have. I haven't even included the fab money we got from the league for finishing 6th.

Wasn't aware the window had shut yet?

You seem to have missed two things firstly we have invested a large sum in new long term contracts for 5 players with more possibly in the pipeline this will have consumed a vast dum of money, second the transfer window is still open and the word on the street from throes itk posters is that we ares still actively pursuing deals.

However don't let simple facts or the truth get in the way of a meltdown/ rant!

You seem to have missed two things firstly we have invested a large sum in new long term contracts for 5 players with more possibly in the pipeline this will have consumed a vast dum of money, second the transfer window is still open and the word on the street from throes itk posters is that we ares still actively pursuing deals.

However don't let simple facts or the truth get in the way of a meltdown/ rant!

And you seem to forget that the club will receive around half a billion pounds in PL prize money out of which to pay those contracts over the next 5 years unless they sell so many of our players that we get relegated.

Yep, it's all been luck.

You reckon that we've managed to come up with some masterful system that no other football team has managed to do in over 100 yrs of professional football?

Do you reckon that our academy will ALWAYS churn out gems off the production line, year after year, that are good enough for a team supposedly aiming for CL football?

Do you reckon that we have a fool proof system that picks better manager after better manager...without any break in performance....when no other team in the history of football has done that?

You create your own luck, but sometimes luck runs out.

Do you really believe that we have £38million stashed away in a bank somewhere?

Fans are not asking the club to spend more money than they get. We just have the modest ambition of wanting them to keep our best players and managers for at least a year or two longer before they cash in on them, so that we have a team which is used to playing together, has built some team spirit and might actually win something, and we won't have to wait until several games into the season to see a full-strength team.

As it is, most of our best players are sold as soon as we get an offer for them from a rival club. I do not believe for one minute that players like Mane would have sulked, gone on strike, thrown tantrums etc if they weren't sold 2 years into their contracts. That's just PR bullsh!t from the club to appease the fans. Most of us know that they'll already be planning to sell Van Dijk in the next summer transfer window and Hojbjerg in the one after that, the same as they were planning months ago to sell Mane and Wanyama in this one.

Fans are not asking the club to spend more money than they get. We just have the modest ambition of wanting them to keep our best players and managers for at least a year or two longer before they cash in on them, so that we have a team which is used to playing together, has built some team spirit and might actually win something, and we won't have to wait until several games into the season to see a full-strength team.

As it is, most of our best players are sold as soon as we get an offer for them from a rival club. I do not believe for one minute that players like Mane would have sulked, gone on strike, thrown tantrums etc if they weren't sold 2 years into their contracts. That's just PR bullsh!t from the club to appease the fans. Most of us know that they'll already be planning to sell Van Dijk in the next summer transfer window and Hojbjerg in the one after that, the same as they were planning months ago to sell Mane and Wanyama in this one.

100% This.

Also, its been mentioned on here a few times (whether its true or not, I don't know) that if SFC sign a player for £10 and pay £5m wages over the term of their contract, then £15m is allocated from the transfer funds.....if that's the case, what happens when said player leaves before the end of their contract (as often happens)? are their unpaid wages then fed back into our transfer funds?