JRod Transfer Rumours

ART

So, despite all the PR from the club that we were happy to rely on Rodriguez, that's turned out to be BS? Typical. Begs the question of why we were so quick to get rid of Pelle if we are now having to find a new striker in the last week of the window. Doesn't seem a particularly well thought out transfer strategy but am waiting to see where we are on 1 September before casting absolute judgment.

So, despite all the PR from the club that we were happy to rely on Rodriguez, that's turned out to be BS? Typical. Begs the question of why we were so quick to get rid of Pelle if we are now having to find a new striker in the last week of the window. Doesn't seem a particularly well thought out transfer strategy but am waiting to see where we are on 1 September before casting absolute judgment.

Something to do with the club not expecting to have to appoint a new manager, who has a different playing style.

Words fail me on this decision. Shocking decision.

This summer is proving to be one hell of a transfer window.

I understand your sentiments but perhaps we are getting someone in fitter and better, I am hoping thats the case otherwise we are left with two strikers who do not fit the new system.

Bloody hell!!!, I had a happy clappy moment come over me,.........it will never last!.

So we could be letting a fit player go (JRod) and sign an injured one (Boufal)?

Has that been proven? I think the whole point of him possibly being loaned out is that he currently isnt at a level performance (and possibly fitness) wise to warrant being in our first team. If we get someone in who's better then I dont see what the problem is. The problem last year was the board relying on J-Rod getting back to the same level of performance and fitness as previously and it didnt happen...

Seems a pretty sensible decision to me IF they play him, with Long, Austin and Redmond vying for two starting places he's currently 4th choice and what he needs is game time, match fitness and confidence.

The club need to see if he can get back to what he was before the injury and the loan will show if he can do that in Premier league.

My only worry would be that it's WBA managed by Pulis and they don't do a lot of attacking, so he could spend most of the time defending.

Let's hope he bags some goals and gets plenty of matches under his belt, and comes back with his old zip and confidence.

If JRod was fit he wouldn't be going on loan if we thought we needed the current number of strikers we have (hence replacing him).

If we didn't think he was good enough, he would sold rather than loaned out.

Put the two together and it seems quite obvious - we have a player who is returning from a long-term serious injury, who suffered complications and delays, who hasn't played enough football to be ready for EPL-standard games. We have other players who are ready who are less of a risk, so we'll play those instead, which lessens JRods ability to get back to fitness and sharpness.

He goes out on loan, gets game time, gets fit, gets his sharpness back (physical and mental) and then comes back to us to play.

Or,

How goes out on loan, gets game time, gets fit, proves he isn't able to reach his previous standards and is sold as he isn't at the required standard.

Emotion about him as a bloke aside and forgetting our wishes that he was fully fit and ready to go, it seems a sound move to me.

If JRod was fit he wouldn't be going on loan if we thought we needed the current number of strikers we have (hence replacing him).

If we didn't think he was good enough, he would sold rather than loaned out.

Put the two together and it seems quite obvious - we have a player who is returning from a long-term serious injury, who suffered complications and delays, who hasn't played enough football to be ready for EPL-standard games. We have other players who are ready who are less of a risk, so we'll play those instead, which lessens JRods ability to get back to fitness and sharpness.

He goes out on loan, gets game time, gets fit, gets his sharpness back (physical and mental) and then comes back to us to play.

Or,

How goes out on loan, gets game time, gets fit, proves he isn't able to reach his previous standards and is sold as he isn't at the required standard.

Emotion about him as a bloke aside and forgetting our wishes that he was fully fit and ready to go, it seems a sound move to me.

I can see that a loan makes sense but not to a Premier League club, I would have thought.

The Baggies head coach confirmed his interest in the 27-year-old forward after watching his side get knocked out of the League Cup on penalties by League One Northampton Town.

Albion’s deficiencies in the final third were patently obvious at Sixfields, and 34-year-old striker Rickie Lambert remained anonymous for the majority of the game.

Pulis is eager to bolster his forward line, and is trying to persuade Saints to part with Rodriguez for a season.

But when he was asked if the loan deal would go through, he said: “I'm not sure, I think we'll have to wait and see.

“Until it's done, you never know. We've not had Jay in the club to look at so we don't know.”

Source: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/2016/08/24/tony-pulis-unsure-if-jay-rodriguez-will-join-west-brom-on-loan/?

Well I fear he won't get back to his best, but I was hoping and relying on being proven wrong. Our options look weaker all the time. Now we need 3 attackers and a DM. That's just not going to happen.

Hojbjerg is Wanyamas replacement. Sooner or later we're all going to have to accept that. If you're losing sleep just remember Utd won a treble with 5'6 Keane and Scholes in central midfield.

Hojbjerg is Wanyamas replacement. Sooner or later we're all going to have to accept that. If you're losing sleep just remember Utd won a treble with 5'6 Keane and Scholes in central midfield.

Barcelona also did quite well with a pair of 5ft 7 inch players in Xavi and Iniesta!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If he were that badly crocked still then I don't know why another prem team would be interested in the first place. Just makes no sense to loan him out to a league rival, particularly with all of our EFL Cup, Trophy and Europa games to come and with an already lacking squad.

I suspect we have realised he is a crock and will never get back to his previous level and this is just a good way of getting his wages off the bill and I suspect a hefty loan fee in for him. Still if he goes we better be getting another forward in sharpish! I will never understand why we have appointed a manager who doesn't want to play the formation our entire squad is setup for!

That wouldn't go down well on here :p Who were you thibking of anyway?

Any one from Olufela Olomola, Tyreke Johnson or Sam McQueen. Give them a go. We could get a nice surprise and save some dosh.

Still think Saints need to buy in another striker though. Loads of games and potential injuries on the way.

Three months loan max in my view to enable him to prove/regain fitness.

No doubt if he goes elsewhere for a full season we'll see him playing out of his skin scoring regularly whilst we remain toothless up front.

I was told only 6 months or a season long and no recall allowed now ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Give it to Ron

I can see that a loan makes sense but not to a Premier League club, I would have thought.

I agree, having JayRod score goals at Championship club would look impressive, but if he's going to be playing in a Prem.side then he must learn to score in the Prem.

He's had two years of rehab......it's time for him to prove himself again.

Are Sky Bet offering odds on this rumour from the Sky Times?

they'll offer odds on anything they can get the " mug punters " to bet on ......

A flying saucer landing in Trafalgar Square?.....or snow on Christmas Day.

(that's not a joke), it's a regular bet in Stockholm but despite the Nordic winters, the closest we came to that was a slight flurry on Boxing Day ...10 years ago.

I agree, having JayRod score goals at Championship club would look impressive, but if he's going to be playing in a Prem.side then he must learn to score in the Prem.

He's had two years of rehab......it's time for him to prove himself again.

I'm afraid to have to agree with you and that it is time to show us what he has, and we can't really go a 3rd year waiting for him.

Fortunately, those fans who don't understand why JRod may be loaned out don't have any responsibility for managing the playing squad.

This is obviously linked to the bid for Boufal and sadly, shows that the coaches believe JRod is unlikely to reach the club's playing standard in the near future. Already he is behind at least 3 other strikers and if Boufal is in the squad he could fall to 5th. The positive is that the loan might give him playing time he can't get here and indicates the club still believe he could get back to where he was. If they decide otherwise, he'll be sold but that hasn't happened yet.

We'd all love to see the old JRod back in the team but at the moment it seems that player doesn't exist.

Fortunately, those fans who don't understand why JRod may be loaned out don't have any responsibility for managing the playing squad.

This is obviously linked to the bid for Boufal and sadly, shows that the coaches believe JRod is unlikely to reach the club's playing standard in the near future. Already he is behind at least 3 other strikers and if Boufal is in the squad he could fall to 5th. The positive is that the loan might give him playing time he can't get here and indicates the club still believe he could get back to where he was. If they decide otherwise, he'll be sold but that hasn't happened yet.

We'd all love to see the old JRod back in the team but at the moment it seems that player doesn't exist.

Agree.

It's win-win for all parties involved.

If he gets back to his former self we keep him and he plays for us, if not he will be sold to a team that plays at his new level.

Worst thing would be for him to hang around, making the odd 15 minutes here and there and a cup appearance against the likes of Yeovil, that's not going to help anyone.

Sad to see but I guess it could work out quite nicely for all parties if it happens.

Can't believe it's the best part of 2 and half years ago that he got injured at City. When you look at it that way, you can well understand the need for him to be playing regular football.

Everyone saying get him playing again to prove himself, but they play one up front and have Rondon, Berahino and Lambert. Can't see him starting there easily either.

But he could easily play inside left which he was successful at with us.

If we are to loan him out it needs to be to an attacking side. WBA won't help him at all.

Him Berahino and Rondon would be a pretty attacking front 3 for where they are in the table.

Hopefully he will be in Berahino's ear all the time getting him to stay at West Brom so we can buy him for a reduced price in Jan!