Benteke to Crystal Palace,this is becoming very frustrating....

beowulf

Why have we not bought a another forward? Where are the goals going to come from?

Jay Rod is he ever going to be the player he was?

Austin will he always be a bit player?

Long is great but I feel he needs support.

Having sold Mane,Pelle etc. With TV rights etc, where's the money going?

I am trying not to be so negative on here but I have grave fears, even so early in the season, we need to wake up.

It no good running around passing sideways you don't get points for that.

Why have we not bought a another forward? Where are the goals going to come from?

I am trying not to be so negative on here but I have grave fears, even so early in the season, we need to wake up.

2 games in, Transfer window still open..HTH

What is today's date again? Oh yes that is it, 20th of august 11 days to go.

Calm the **** down and breathe. Benteke is certainly not a fit on our system and is grossely overpriced.

I'd be questionning our board had we got him at that price.

Have a little patience, VVD was signed in the last days of the window.

Delighted for Palace and in many a way feel like they owe us (you're welcome Palace fans) We started the transfer mmerry-go-round with the Mane sale.... It just goes round n round and we all come out as winners......

Liverpool buy Mane from Southampton

Everton buy Bolasie from Palace

Palace buy Benteke from Liverpool

Man city buy Stones from Everton

Southampton buy Pied from..... Oh ****

Delighted for Palace and in many a way feel like they owe us (you're welcome Palace fans) We started the transfer mmerry-go-round with the Mane sale.... It just goes round n round and we all come out as winners......

Liverpool buy Mane from Southampton

Everton buy Bolasie from Palace

Palace buy Benteke from Liverpool

Man city buy Stones from Everton

Southampton buy Pied from..... Oh ****

Nonsense, or did we give Everton money for Mane?!

I'm not sure Benteke is the solution to any question that isn't "who's one of the least mobile strikers in the Premier League who costs over £25m and doesn't suit our new system?".

I'm not sure Benteke is the solution to any question that isn't "who's one of the least mobile strikers in the Premier League who costs over £25m and doesn't suit our new system?".

Well our new system was begging for a Benteke type forward to get on the end of those crosses last night.

In the 2nd Half you could pretty much see Targett thinking about a cross and then realising - 'What's the point', and passing backwards or sideways like everyone else.

Well our new system was begging for a Benteke type forward to get on the end of those crosses last night.

In the 2nd Half you could pretty much see Targett thinking about a cross and then realising - 'What's the point', and passing backwards or sideways like everyone else.

Absolutely the case that we'd benefit from having a target man on the end of the crosses, but also the case that with a target man who isn't involved in the build-up we'd probably create far fewer opportunities to cross. Personally I think we need a hybrid target man to offer an aerial presence but who can also play in the kind of wide attacking role with the ball on the ground. For me it's worth trying Rodriguez there as I'm not (yet?) convinced he's lost it, unless we have someone specific in mind to do exactly that.

I'm more concerned that we don't have a number 10 for a formation that really needs a creative player in the hole/point of the diamond, but those players are generally the really expensive ones and not really the kind of market we've been in. The problem is being unable to unlock established defences, low crosses being the only way we've managed to get the ball in the box at all at the moment.

A cynic might suggest Gaston was perfectly suited for that role, of course. :D

What is today's date again? Oh yes that is it, 20th of august 11 days to go.

Calm the **** down and breathe. Benteke is certainly not a fit on our system and is grossely overpriced.

I'd be questionning our board had we got him at that price.

Have a little patience, VVD was signed in the last days of the window.

By which time we will have played Watford at home and Sunderland. 2 of most winnable games and we have Europa coming up which will hurt us. Too late.

Absolutely the case that we'd benefit from having a target man on the end of the crosses, but also the case that with a target man who isn't involved in the build-up we'd probably create far fewer opportunities to cross. Personally I think we need a hybrid target man to offer an aerial presence but who can also play in the kind of wide attacking role with the ball on the ground. For me it's worth trying Rodriguez there as I'm not (yet?) convinced he's lost it, unless we have someone specific in mind to do exactly that.

I'm more concerned that we don't have a number 10 for a formation that really needs a creative player in the hole/point of the diamond, but those players are generally the really expensive ones and not really the kind of market we've been in. The problem is being unable to unlock established defences, low crosses being the only way we've managed to get the ball in the box at all at the moment.

A cynic might suggest Gaston was perfectly suited for that role, of course. :D

What the f*ck is a hybrid target man?

Alan Shearer was absolutely useless because he was sh*t out wide!

Very true, but wouldn't it be better to have signing in place before the season started? We seem to get the exiters sorted tout de suite and gone as soon as the window is open.

We don't agree on a lot but this is very true. We sell before we have replacements lined up which is just plain bad management...

Have to say we are patently well short of a team now and it's time for action....

Very true, but wouldn't it be better to have signing in place before the season started? We seem to get the exiters sorted tout de suite and gone as soon as the window is open.

That is the risky game that Les seems to enjoy playing.

I think Benteke would score a fair few for us, he would have been a perfect and better replacement for Pelle. I think people forget how good he was for Villa and of course he didn't replicate that form fir Liverpool but he never really had a chance. They were crap under Rogers for his first season and Klopp didn't want him from the start.

Peopel talk about systems all day long but systems are so much more about your shape when you haven't got the ball. Going forward in possession should see players look for spaces or runs anywhere on the pitch rather than worry about what side of a ****ing diamond they are on.

Benteke is a good player and I can't see why he would have gone to palace over us all things being equal.

You mean apart from signing Pied, McCarthy, Hojbjerg and Redmond weeks before the season began?

Everyone is overpriced, keep up and get used to it for god sake, prices aren't going to suddenly drop

Benteke in his form pre Liverpool would have been great, and with the crosses we threw at utd's box last night I wouldn't of said he was far away from fitting our system at all

Clearly not everyone is over priced. We bought Mane for £11m. And how much was Hojbjerg?

Mané was a gamble that paid off but it could easily have gone wrong and there was that early period whilst he was finding his feet. Osvaldo certainly didn't work out.

Why was it a gamble? We clearly knew what we'd get from him and knew we could develop him. I wish people would stop playing the ''We got lucky'' card, because we didn't. We got there because of solid planning, good scouting and excellent coaching. There's nothing lucky about it.

How much did Hojbjerg cost us last month?

as I said, it you made a good point initially. But going forward, it will be harder and harder (probably rather quickly) to find these players in the same bracket

prices go up, but for English clubs, can only see them go up more rapidly

more and more shyte players are nearing or are becoming £11m to buy.as a result, benteke cost £32m

even in the championship now, more teams are starting to spend that sort of money

Only if you have a rubbish scouting system and knee-jerking coaches, which we don't.

as I said, it you made a good point initially. But going forward, it will be harder and harder (probably rather quickly) to find these players in the same bracket

Not sure why you're trying to avoid or change the subject, each to their own I guess.

Your post doesn't make any sense whatsoever I'm afraid.

Let's say that there has been a history of foreign imports who have not adapted to or been a success in the Premier League. Many of these have been moved on subsequently at a loss. I certainly don't remember many in here thinking that we'd sell him on for a big markup after only two years. I admit that I had my misgivings myself. Out of Osvaldo, Ramírez and Mané we just about broke even overall.

Let's say that there has been a history of foreign imports who have not adapted to or been a success in the Premier League. Many of these have been moved on subsequently at a loss. I certainly don't remember many in here thinking that we'd sell him on for a big markup after only two years. I admit that I had my misgivings myself. Out of Osvaldo, Ramírez and Mané we just about broke even overall.

No, still no clearer, sorry.