Sky Q

Batman

anyone got it. Any good?

Left sky nearly a year ago and they still contact me trying to entice me back

they have offered a cracking deal for SKY Q...

now, our new place is yet to be sorted broadband wise.

BT are due to be in the area VERY soon to give us proper broadband speeds. Until then, we are at around 2mbs

Any ideas if that is enough for SKY Q to work properly?

anyone got it. Any good?

Left sky nearly a year ago and they still contact me trying to entice me back

they have offered a cracking deal for SKY Q...

now, our new place is yet to be sorted broadband wise.

BT are due to be in the area VERY soon to give us proper broadband speeds. Until then, we are at around 2mbs

Any ideas if that is enough for SKY Q to work properly?

What was you offered?

Who you with at the mo batman? I haven't used Sky Q myself, but from what I've heard/read, to get the most out of it you're going to need a lot more than 2mb broadband to be honest.

And I guess they're making your area Fibre Ready in the coming months? so you can get infinity etc? My guess is that Sky are offering you their standard ADSL broadband for free, so when the newer type (FTTC) is available in the coming months, you'd have to order a new package anyway.

May be worth holding fire to see what they offer you when Fibre is available to you, Sky Fibre should become live along with Infinity - there are always offers for new customers.

Who you with at the mo batman? I haven't used Sky Q myself, but from what I've heard/read, to get the most out of it you're going to need a lot more than 2mb broadband to be honest.

And I guess they're making your area Fibre Ready in the coming months? so you can get infinity etc? My guess is that Sky are offering you their standard ADSL broadband for free, so when the newer type (FTTC) is available in the coming months, you'd have to order a new package anyway.

May be worth holding fire to see what they offer you when Fibre is available to you, Sky Fibre should become live along with Infinity - there are always offers for new customers.

with BT. spoke to a SKY Q bloke on the phone again. My internet speed is irrelevant (apparently) as the Q box will created its own net work to talk to the other box or box's... the issue I will have will be with the 'on demand' content. which would be the issue with SKY+ etc. It would take a lot longer to download said content

I can't have BT TV because their system does not download on demand but streams it

sod the on demand stuff, it will be KODI/Sportsmania that will hit me the hardest for the coming months ffs

Edited by Batman