Southampton U23 v Man Utd U23

magnet

Interesting - no diamond being played and the players look SO much better for it. Olomola looks the business...why the hell is he not in the 1st team?

-------------------Lewis-------------------

Valery---Stephens---Jones---McQueen

-------------Reed---O'Connor-------------

---Johnson----Hesketh-----Sims---

----------------Olomola----------------

Interesting - no diamond being played and the players look SO much better for it. Olomola looks the business...why the hell is he not in the 1st team?

I think he'll be the first to break through. Must start practising his name. ?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I have been generally impressed by what i've seen to be honest. In total control against Utd, great passing and rention. In the last few years, you've looked at these games and not really seen anyone to get you excited - but there are a few in this setup now who look players - Valery, Fella, Jones, Hesketh and Reed seem to have come on as well. I expect to see these guys in and around the group in the cup games.

I have been generally impressed by what i've seen to be honest. In total control against Utd, great passing and rention. In the last few years, you've looked at these games and not really seen anyone to get you excited - but there are a few in this setup now who look players - Valery, Fella, Jones, Hesketh and Reed seem to have come on as well. I expect to see these guys in and around the group in the cup games.

No square pegs in round holes tonight. Everyone playing in their right position. Good pressing, lots of hard work and good combinations.

Really impressed with what I've seen.

Could (& should) of had more goals.

No square pegs in round holes tonight. Everyone playing in their right position. Good pressing, lots of hard work and good combinations.

The u18s have a few good ones coming through too. Slattery , Harlem, Wood, Big Dan reminds me of Welbeck.

Promising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honourable mention to Johnson. Coming up to a 2nd 90 mins in 3 days.

Yep, was quite impressed with him too. Thought we looked a different class to Utd. Like that Olomola fella, looks a unit. Hesketh had a good game too. Great all-round performance from the whole team. Wonder what Claude made of it.

Yeah, exceptional. Really, really good insights into the club, the players and what's happening on the pitch.

Concur with that. Ryan Seager also mentioned Jake Flannigan has been injured for 2 years. How heartbreaking for a young lad trying to make his way in the game. Very enjoyable watch and listen. Can see why we bought Harry Lewis, very assured, and a good presence in goal.

Concur with that. Ryan Seager also mentioned Jake Flannigan has been injured for 2 years. How heartbreaking for a young lad trying to make his way in the game. Very enjoyable watch and listen. Can see why we bought Harry Lewis, very assured, and a good presence in goal.

Talked with Jake tonight. Said he hoped to be back training in 2 weeks.

McQueen was comfortable at left back but then put up to striker at the end and still looked comfortable. He is a very versatile player that deserves a chance in the cup or Europa games.

Does anyone know whether the under 23's played a diamond tonight?

Nope they didn't.

4-2-3-1

-------------------Lewis-------------------

Valery---Stephens---Jones---McQueen

-------------Reed---O'Connor-------------

---Johnson----Hesketh-----Sims---

----------------Olomola----------------

Encouraging win, good to see some good young prospects full of confidence. Will be giving Claude something to think about.

Find it totally bizzare that they are playing 4231 rather than the diamond mind. They need to be ready to step into the 1st team and be familiar with the shape Claude plays.