Sofiane Boufal

Matthew Le God

Hang on, I thought the refusing to come on thing wasn't true? Someone on here said the real story was that Hughes had a go at Boufal for being slow to warm up in a game we lost, and that Boufal had a go right back by refusing to take the blame for a loss when he wasn't even on the pitch.

Wasn't that the version in the French press? that no doubt came from Boufal's side. More than likely the truth is somewhere in between the two versions doing the rounds.

so you wouldn't say Shaquiri is then?

Pretty much sums it up.

Sadly experience has told us that Hughes has no time for the more 'mercurial' type so if he stays, we might as well look to move Boufal (and Gabbiadini). Shades of Arnautovic et al.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The boy is clearly the most technically gifted player we have. If Hughes can put an arm around him m and get him focused, keep him! If he got half the chances mediocrity luke jwp and Redmond have had, I think he could be major player for us.

If le tissier had a tan and was around today, the same bells on here would have their knives out for him.

Sometimes it takes a bit of patience.

The boy is clearly the most technically gifted player we have. If Hughes can put an arm around him m and get him focused, keep him! If he got half the chances mediocrity luke jwp and Redmond have had, I think he could be major player for us.

If le tissier had a tan and was around today, the same bells on here would have their knives out for him.

Eh... Le tissier is one of the most prolific and gifted players in premier league history? I assume you never saw him play to come out with this comparison.

Boufal is a arrogant little turd that thinks he's too good to be here and turns it on once every 25games for 5min in a match.

Boufal is worse than Tadic, Lallana and Mane in terms of his contributions, chance creation and goal threat. He's been here two years and he has two highlights... get rid, and spend the transfer fee and wages on someone who contributes to the team. No brainier.

Eh... Le tissier is one of the most prolific and gifted players in premier league history? I assume you never saw him play to come out with this comparison.

Boufal is a arrogant little turd that thinks he's too good to be here and turns it on once every 25games for 5min in a match.

Boufal is worse than Tadic, Lallana and Mane in terms of his contributions, chance creation and goal threat. He's been here two years and he has two highlights... get rid, and spend the transfer fee and wages on someone who contributes to the team. No brainier.

You must be a bit hollow if you think I was saying Boufal is even a patch on le tiss' shadow! But anyway list me how many minutes of game time he has had in his time here you thick bellened.

The guy might be a **** and end up going. All I'm saying is if itk'ers like k billy question this image of him on here, i would rather go with their opinion thank yours.

Now jog on

I have a few times yes. He is a really nice bloke as is 99% of people at the club. He is the most gifted techincal player at the club without a doubt. but perhaps is too lightweight for a grafting team hughes is known to build. So it was always going to be a clash of styles. Put him in man citys team and he would be very good imo. I hope he stays along with gabby cedric tadic. The quality of this team really could/should have have pushed for europe. Grossly mismanaged.

This makes a lot of sense

1. Despite being the most technically gifted player he is well behind both of those 'mediocre' players in terms of goals and assists since he joined.

2. He has made 30 appearances this season, JWP has 33, Redmond 36. 30 is more than half of either of those numbers.

3. He's had 2 years and shown no improvement whatsoever.

4. The race card? Yawn.

5. You're actually comparing him to Le Tiss? :lol:

**** me, we had all this ****e with Gaston. As Sir Alex Ferguson said "working hard is a talent " , so I don't buy this line that somehow his ability gives him the right to not put the required effort in. Nor do I buy this theory that he's somehow been mismanaged. Hughes came in when we were in desperate straits, every player had a clean slate, we were crying out for some creativity, yet Hughes soon binned him, doesn't that tell you something. He can go off and mince around in some other league because he's not good enough for the one we play in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

The fact that JWP and Redmond get picked ahead of him most likely speaks volumes about his attitude. Three different managers have not seen fit to make him a regular starter.

No idea whether or not Boufal has a poor attitude but I do think he doesn’t play enough with his head up. Stating the bleeding obvious but it’s a team game. It’s a real pity because he can play a pass with a good weight, but all too infrequently because he’s got his head down trying to slalom through the opposition.

That's a good point Graffito. He does put effort in, even tackling back, but apart from a couple of moments of brilliance and moments when he has got the crowd going the end result over two years has been poor.

I'd like him to fully clear the air with Hughes and the club, and have a fresh start in a team not drained of confidence, and without a spirit-sapping manager like MP.

I was at Wembley yesterday for both non league Vase and Trophy finals, and even watching football of that quality you can see how Boufal's not the complete package and is just a show pony.

He's only 24, time is on his side, but if we're being honest with ourselves he'll never change his attitude / work ethic.

I was at Wembley yesterday for both non league Vase and Trophy finals, and even watching football of that quality you can see how Boufal's not the complete package and is just a show pony.

He's only 24, time is on his side, but if we're being honest with ourselves he'll never change his attitude / work ethic.

Errrr.. from watching those you can tell he`s a show pony :? ........... how have those finals any relevance?

Errrr.. from watching those you can tell he`s a show pony :? ........... how have those finals any relevance?

Because no doubt those games were full of blokes buzzing around like headless flies kicking the crap out of each other.

Boufal is a good player in a type of football which suits him. He'd probably be OK in Spain or Italy. Talented footballers who haven't made it in the Uk are legion.

# The effort that they all put in.

# The training facilities they have (close to zero for clubs like Thatcham Town).

# How many of them are amateur / semi-professional, they get paid peanuts, and by playing they could potential wreck both their amateur football and professional day jobs through injury.

# Somehow, many were still a more rounded package than poor old hard done by Sofiane.

... by any measure Boufal's been a **** poor signing.

I know I'm bleating on about non-league but there are players like this...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruno_Andrade_(Portuguese_footballer)

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/raheem-sterling-grateful-tip-woking-10268238

... who just don't get the breaks that some others do (remember Lambert's early career). I'd love to have the chance to compare Andrade to Boufal in a series of friendlies, I doubt he'd be no worse, and be a damned sight cheaper!

• 4 weeks later...

Bordeaux want Boufal?

BORDEAUX WANT BOUFAL?

L'Equipe say Bordeaux are considering a move for Southampton playmaker Sofiane Boufal, especially if they lose Malcom.

Bordeaux are keen to make an impact in the Europa League and apparently have set their sights on Boufal, who has struggled for first-team football at St Mary’s.

Malcom’s future remains uncertain, with Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea and Inter Milan all reportedly interested in the 21-year-old.

Bordeaux want Boufal?

This Malcom here? I took this photo at breakfast on Sunday 4th February in our hotel on Copacaban Beach. The man on the left is presumably his agent as later two Italians turned up and joined them. I don't know which Italian club they were from but there was a couple of family groups of them and they were round the pool all day. I have other photos too ;)

musdLlcR0OF1m679mYf86Ju_ORn2PGAoSGyJZWl2tbLjhYqzBJRZC7ofYT1BGzyIyA97OR8qG2s470EmSISfN6H3VFUgQtEbVipLpQaQif2voxzO-_tao8J67vcGaNhwe8rwKW8KMc_VapnL5VPLSFyab0TBUC98USr7P8QXc3IY3SQmDPGHgjSHzKXMZyjowCvZh38r_IbanakPiB_OezhGEd3-fy_vWag8iIvk63LjPDNTzgH1xNzU7v8xBzFSI1VThyWzS7Z0odkkRQyH_8tWKP8pswT_J8Gl0d7gnoSMb5Fr1gTsRT7jYGoBQXXsJOknsfsOG6NdCgUDwWkiPzbgQzZURr1rBd-A9jzKv_rbj8ftowAoRkq_tPphFwqkJWwg6hYugMbc8Y_flYWC4dpgWM4aWpZF3s2XPM13LEnHka069r68mjByA2no4KrM6jubAZN24O_YdgwbqqW1k6Fkfq2SQPRLINzeo7XYBoRd11ASiGPDz5ptBnfsOnabd17bQdrud8HZUGYPJ2I8FPZka8wfna0fX4cRPghvuiasC8PQ3C69Y5CuV-I65ao1tSadr-XyobFYqb33IvGRv_V1ySA_c4iYM2ZzCtE=w1684-h947-no

Whitey, at Copacabana beach?! Are you sure you're heart is up to all the sights? :-)

My heart has been doing fine, thanks. Nearly six years since the operation :)

February in Rio is stinking hot. They fry eggs on the pavement just because they can. Except when we're there.

Here is the top of the Corcovado:

_60t0UonClhxlYzAe_7r0-9Pw9Xki24cd2kRopFl_7pssi7io6tbXLF2uW84pgY1FtEZJ-I52FEBDi49cYxk0ZzFVa91yje00be6tsif0-L9NJ-lZQkLacsGUsqiCOzKZoSads_WuiMWnBHa9XNTO7yNc0Hp93mVRM5WZjuFxqBzyW4_nIin9wU1UCc3Wq-nH8ts871n9Irk8wfDzd5wWpqNKtZHWwHE9VeD7dRwe3_b5jtUukDvCpOsZBvL_WOkhZUHVEaFcjUOvdvXyhbuMBiqvPhPebjwgQ2V5CYLg3ywBhC2XgOOWr3JS0sn_RGsjBTeCR_1Tgo-I93CaxuE151cUuVlI-62MumnjjoddAskQsrGRg6sXq3y_RowcvUQ-hp58RHtnxzJn9dgNnQ3YldMYxIXvx99-aZE-NWsFT1wNMNkmiA5GVbyDlOgLn2ML06Z2OKxh3PSKPHWeuG-n7pjsJhLPNCg8hVc0r5TMF1Pz2uWDRBi-U7npD6HpSYLSsfVBCHLuwswHJ31vR5oiqMLyA9f96V4KAp7M2rr1I4xFsdllCUJqb-9l7RHjJaMbGLZ1cOcPEeSBgVUQ1Rw88AN4BxPsapAB5jVYc0=w533-h947-no

And this was our view from the top of the Sugar Loaf:

AB4ODvll15Gc44R8nmcMsfjixREvawI6A1H7iN7eqjcRy2PICSx4PQvzBfXrprxnvdQVNECZhlDa-Y90BVMPZvZeUET67_wNz8DV6RLpB_VGDDAKDbruWeQUqG4Wv238XuIx7yHYbpNP8P7IO80PJqvGQkwY5uG6eo0fwcMa9Jag3QEh5b7nmuSLAqnRdlaY9OazanYPiE50MZRB_3BFoFK-ll8t-3UGeMRzdp5FsWpzHKMMHKOPUl895YKvzCi_0AjWOzMtcCse_vNNGk25wgitUQsxx2iTJXgEtFUQ6keVkbiMTr6WJX_ZU5TxLXvR6YWRnDZETwsQIkgt7XhfFix2YVGx1z1tIlAfcFV7NdVjp_NtRWUivo_FVrHsvcHh3zB3fKHouMkEbZsOrpzIxE-5I6-hEN98qFKvB1vuWIy_xKqut_aO8A3cAAsjZyhTc2TjKclEFO3SG_asuxvs4ds-8bAit5f1FmSrnJE8atblYi2aj6X00OVAGbH87GoevBRfznjfkQSdB0b8CjYKDyX1zSGe6yFgiLEXPzQ2JQf3aOpusHgVD21GIVKcJ10dN32Y1c1lfZ6TlCnGJges7CadXw_lgf4k2Pksj64=w1684-h947-no

My heart has been doing fine, thanks. Nearly six years since the operation :)

February in Rio is stinking hot. They fry eggs on the pavement just because they can. Except when we're there.

Here is the top of the Corcovado:

_60t0UonClhxlYzAe_7r0-9Pw9Xki24cd2kRopFl_7pssi7io6tbXLF2uW84pgY1FtEZJ-I52FEBDi49cYxk0ZzFVa91yje00be6tsif0-L9NJ-lZQkLacsGUsqiCOzKZoSads_WuiMWnBHa9XNTO7yNc0Hp93mVRM5WZjuFxqBzyW4_nIin9wU1UCc3Wq-nH8ts871n9Irk8wfDzd5wWpqNKtZHWwHE9VeD7dRwe3_b5jtUukDvCpOsZBvL_WOkhZUHVEaFcjUOvdvXyhbuMBiqvPhPebjwgQ2V5CYLg3ywBhC2XgOOWr3JS0sn_RGsjBTeCR_1Tgo-I93CaxuE151cUuVlI-62MumnjjoddAskQsrGRg6sXq3y_RowcvUQ-hp58RHtnxzJn9dgNnQ3YldMYxIXvx99-aZE-NWsFT1wNMNkmiA5GVbyDlOgLn2ML06Z2OKxh3PSKPHWeuG-n7pjsJhLPNCg8hVc0r5TMF1Pz2uWDRBi-U7npD6HpSYLSsfVBCHLuwswHJ31vR5oiqMLyA9f96V4KAp7M2rr1I4xFsdllCUJqb-9l7RHjJaMbGLZ1cOcPEeSBgVUQ1Rw88AN4BxPsapAB5jVYc0=w533-h947-no

And this was our view from the top of the Sugar Loaf:

AB4ODvll15Gc44R8nmcMsfjixREvawI6A1H7iN7eqjcRy2PICSx4PQvzBfXrprxnvdQVNECZhlDa-Y90BVMPZvZeUET67_wNz8DV6RLpB_VGDDAKDbruWeQUqG4Wv238XuIx7yHYbpNP8P7IO80PJqvGQkwY5uG6eo0fwcMa9Jag3QEh5b7nmuSLAqnRdlaY9OazanYPiE50MZRB_3BFoFK-ll8t-3UGeMRzdp5FsWpzHKMMHKOPUl895YKvzCi_0AjWOzMtcCse_vNNGk25wgitUQsxx2iTJXgEtFUQ6keVkbiMTr6WJX_ZU5TxLXvR6YWRnDZETwsQIkgt7XhfFix2YVGx1z1tIlAfcFV7NdVjp_NtRWUivo_FVrHsvcHh3zB3fKHouMkEbZsOrpzIxE-5I6-hEN98qFKvB1vuWIy_xKqut_aO8A3cAAsjZyhTc2TjKclEFO3SG_asuxvs4ds-8bAit5f1FmSrnJE8atblYi2aj6X00OVAGbH87GoevBRfznjfkQSdB0b8CjYKDyX1zSGe6yFgiLEXPzQ2JQf3aOpusHgVD21GIVKcJ10dN32Y1c1lfZ6TlCnGJges7CadXw_lgf4k2Pksj64=w1684-h947-no

I'm not seeing any photos? What do I have to do to see them?

I'm not seeing any photos? What do I have to do to see them?

I’m sure they were there earlier. I’ll have a look at it.

Hmm. showing on my desktop PC using Chrome but not on my iPad using Safari...

I shall keep on looking...

20180204_094711.jpg

20180205_144733.jpg

20180205_180848.jpg

Not quite right but if you click on them you'll get some idea. More research needed.

Edited by Whitey Grandad

Not impressed by players that need to wear gloves on the football pitch if they aren’t a keeper. Boufal wanting to keep his hands warm doesn’t send a very positive message about enduring the hardships of football. As long as the fee is well spent, replacing him should improve the squad.

Not impressed by players that need to wear gloves on the football pitch if they aren’t a keeper. Boufal wanting to keep his hands warm doesn’t send a very positive message about enduring the hardships of football. As long as the fee is well spent, replacing him should improve the squad.

Yeah, how I see it too. Not temperamentally suited to the English game. I am happy to leave the decision to Hughes but if we can get him off the books and get a reasonable sum for him it would open up other options.

What a weird thing to worry about.

No doubt you went nuts when john Barnes used to wear compression tights under his shorts in the 90s.

Yeah That bloke Ronaldo wore gloves and he is ****e.

• 2 weeks later...

Has Hughes forgiven him for not warming up when asked (as was suggested was the reason for the dressing room bust up and him training on his own)?

That kind of incident doesn't feel like it is recoverable to me. The manager is not going to forgive and forget and the type of player that sulks to the degree that he wont warm up is not one that will then see Hughes' point of view (that Boufal is/was not right to be selected) and apologise for his actions.

Personally I think we should never have signed him when we did. Injured players are left out in the cold and find it tough to cope. It's hard enough to settle in a new country and new team, never mind moving and not actually being involved. We should have waited until he was fully recovered. In January he would surely have been available at the same price?

Having signed him I do feel he was mismanaged to a degree. He showed decent flashes when coming on. Having done so, on occasion he was then given a start. I admit he didn't shine, but being taken off just as it opened up didn't help on a couple of occasions. He was then dropped every time. IMO he should have been given a run of 4, 5, 6 or 7 starts. The other flair players were doing nothing better, so it really would not have hurt us. Also an arm should have gone round his shoulder and we should have given him a role that got the best out of him, probably in the hole, with complete freedom and with the right players in behind him so as not to congest the space he needed.

I don't blame Hughes. It was the previous two managers. Puel especially. He was his signing and he did nothing with the side to get the best out of him. Madness. It's irrelevant now as I cant see him ever getting making it into Hughes plans.

Has Hughes forgiven him for not warming up when asked (as was suggested was the reason for the dressing room bust up and him training on his own)?

That kind of incident doesn't feel like it is recoverable to me. The manager is not going to forgive and forget and the type of player that sulks to the degree that he wont warm up is not one that will then see Hughes' point of view (that Boufal is/was not right to be selected) and apologise for his actions.

Personally I think we should never have signed him when we did. Injured players are left out in the cold and find it tough to cope. It's hard enough to settle in a new country and new team, never mind moving and not actually being involved. We should have waited until he was fully recovered. In January he would surely have been available at the same price?

Having signed him I do feel he was mismanaged to a degree. He showed decent flashes when coming on. Having done so, on occasion he was then given a start. I admit he didn't shine, but being taken off just as it opened up didn't help on a couple of occasions. He was then dropped every time. IMO he should have been given a run of 4, 5, 6 or 7 starts. The other flair players were doing nothing better, so it really would not have hurt us. Also an arm should have gone round his shoulder and we should have given him a role that got the best out of him, probably in the hole, with complete freedom and with the right players in behind him so as not to congest the space he needed.

I don't blame Hughes. It was the previous two managers. Puel especially. He was his signing and he did nothing with the side to get the best out of him. Madness. It's irrelevant now as I cant see him ever getting making it into Hughes plans.

All very true but I just hope the problems are sorted out with Hughes and Boufal plays well in the next few months

Some of you sound like these idiot girls who date bad boy love rats because they think they're the ones who can change him.

Boufal is not about to suddenly turn into a productive team player because Hughes is here, if anything I think he will react worse. Puel and MoPe were a bit of a soft touch IMO and I don't think Sophie-Anne is the type to respond well to the hairdryer treatment. I think if he goaded Hughes like he did MoPe after the West Brom goal, Hughes would have put him in hospital.

Some of you sound like these idiot girls who date bad boy love rats because they think they're the ones who can change him.

Boufal is not about to suddenly turn into a productive team player because Hughes is here, if anything I think he will react worse. Puel and MoPe were a bit of a soft touch IMO and I don't think Sophie-Anne is the type to respond well to the hairdryer treatment. I think if he goaded Hughes like he did MoPe after the West Brom goal, Hughes would have put him in hospital.

Or he will go like Arnautovic and constantly haunt him forever......