Sofiane Boufal

Matthew Le God

Crikey! They need to shift a few!

Well yes, they're under some sort of UEFA control. They've already shifted a couple and I think they've got potential buyers lined up for Thauvin, Ocampos and Sanson. Plus we'd probably give them a pretty good deal on Boufal, maybe even another loan..

Loan is a possibility. You’d imagine Marseille would have to rebuild with some cheaper targets.

Club still keen on Saints player, valued at €16m – New competition ‘more attractive’:

Technically loaned to Celta Vigo until June 30th, Sofiane Boufal made his ‘official’ return to Southampton on Monday.

Only he didn’t because he’s currently in Egypt with the Morocco national team for the Africa Cup of Nations, even if he isn’t playing all that much.

The forward enjoyed his time in Spain, and the La Liga club would ideally like to bring him back, but there are issues for that.

We’ve already covered this a few times, as Celta search to find ways to lower the asking price and his wages, which El Desmarque explain are key to get a deal over the line.

Southampton are asking for €16m, which the Spaniards can’t afford, and now there’s extra competition for the former Lille starlet’s services.

L’Equipe on Monday explained Boufal has been looked at by Marseille as a potential arrival to bolster their attack, and El Desmarque reckon the Ligue 1 club would be able to offer a ‘more attractive’ deal.

Furthermore, the French side will play in the Europa League next season, something neither Southampton or Celta can give the 25-year-old.

Fortunately for the La Liga side, Marseille are currently in no position to make said offer, as they need to ‘sell, sell and sell even more’ before they can consider bringing extra personnel in.

Source: http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-still-keen-saints-player-valued-e16m-new-competition-attractive/

#CeltaVigoFinanceWatch

GOMEZ KEEN TO JOIN WEST HAM

West Ham's pursuit of Celta Vigo striker Maxi Gomez continues, Sky Sports News understands, with the player keen on moving to the London Stadium but personal terms yet to be agreed.

The deal has been described as 'complicated' - while Valencia would like to be ready to pounce should any move fall through, but struggling to finance a deal.

Sky Sports News reported last month that both sides had seen £29m bids accepted by the La Liga side.

I think we will struggle to sell him to be honest. €16 million quoted price plus his wages will not be a goer for a large chunk of European clubs.

Maybe another loan or subsidising his wages would work, but wouldn't surprise me if he ends up staying past the summer.

I think we will struggle to sell him to be honest. €16 million quoted price plus his wages will not be a goer for a large chunk of European clubs.

Maybe another loan or subsidising his wages would work, but wouldn't surprise me if he ends up staying past the summer.

Bougal only has two years on his contract, which has about 0.17% chance of being extended.

I think now is exactly the time to sell, even if for a knockdown fee.

Im sure when it comes to it we would accept £8m or so, as come next summer he will be worth less.

I find it incomprehensible that people think he won’t improve under Ralph. He had two below par seasons for us under 2 hideous managers and 1 manager who clearly did not suit his playing style.

I am not saying it’s a dead cert that he would make it for us, but if anyone can get the best out of him, Ralph can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I find it incomprehensible that people think he won’t improve under Ralph. He had two below par seasons for us under 2 hideous managers and 1 manager who clearly did not suit his playing style.

I am not saying it’s a dead cert that he would make it for us, but if anyone can get the best out of him, Ralph can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree, he only left last year because him and Hughes fell out. He's got game winning quality and this team is so different than when he left. It's a happier place that actually wins games now.

You can make a case for us selling, but I'm more than happy for him to stay if he wants; logically he and Ralph would have that chat at some point when he returns. If he buys into it, we have a top quality player back on our hands for nothing. Reminds me of the Puncheon saga a few years ago, came back and did really well for us. We lack depth on the wings, he'd give us more quality.

I agree, he only left last year because him and Hughes fell out. He's got game winning quality and this team is so different than when he left. It's a happier place that actually wins games now.

You can make a case for us selling, but I'm more than happy for him to stay if he wants; logically he and Ralph would have that chat at some point when he returns. If he buys into it, we have a top quality player back on our hands for nothing. Reminds me of the Puncheon saga a few years ago, came back and did really well for us. We lack depth on the wings, he'd give us more quality.

Ralph has said he is open to him staying . Going to have a sit down with him and watch him pre-season. I think he will flourish.

Exactly. I know that we could use £8m to put towards another player that we need, but if you think he has potential to play a decent role next season it'd be mad to sell at that price - how much do decent attackers cost? Elyounoussi, Boufal and Djenepo have all been over £15m so that's what we could expect to spend again. Last season we were lamenting our options, so all it'd take is for Djenepo to pick up an injury and we're in the same position again.

Ralph has said he is open to him staying . Going to have a sit down with him and watch him pre-season. I think he will flourish.

When do you think Ralph is going to be able to watch him pre-season? He is at AFCON and won't be back in England much before the season starts (maybe 2 weeks depending on how Morocco actually get on). Expect them to beat Benin tomorrow, they could well go all the way, possibly to 3rd/4th place which is on 17th July. At least 2 weeks holiday after that, might see him a week before our first game.

When do you think Ralph is going to be able to watch him pre-season? He is at AFCON and won't be back in England much before the season starts (maybe 2 weeks depending on how Morocco actually get on). Expect them to beat Benin tomorrow, they could well go all the way, possibly to 3rd/4th place which is on 17th July. At least 2 weeks holiday after that, might see him a week before our first game.

Aparently Marseille have been talking to his agent, don't know exactly when though. Seems like Saints are still talking to Celta Vigo about him as well. Goner.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Looks as though Maxi Gomez is joining Valencia for €15m plus two players, so Celta aren't going to be as flush with pocket money as you'd hope.

Still, it's never unfunny when West Ham miss out on a signing...

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Looks as though Maxi Gomez is joining Valencia for €15m plus two players, so Celta aren't going to be as flush with pocket money as you'd hope.

Still, it's never unfunny when West Ham miss out on a signing...

We have an update... #CeltaVigoFinanceWatch

Sky sources understand Maxi Gomez’s preferred destination is now West Ham.

For the Hammers to seal the transfer, they must meet the £45m release clause. Personal terms are not expected to be a problem.

Valencia had reached an agreement which involved three players, including former Celta Vigo forward Santi Mina, plus cash in exchange for Gomez.

The value of Valencia’s deal amounted to the £45m release clause. We understand that the deal went as far as the three players arriving at Celta Vigo for their medicals – only for those medicals to be halted.

Normally I think that’d be a good link, but I though Marseille were under FFP scrutiny and had to sell loads of players?

Is that right, Windows?

Marseille have got a 22 year old, 6' 4" centre back who has decent acceleration - Duje Caleta-Car. Croatian international, signed from RB Salzburg last year for around £17m.

Just throwing it out there baselessly: we need an affordable, quality CB, they need to balance their books but still bring in recruitments, and they're apparently interested in Boufal.

Maybe we can come to some kind of arrangement... ?

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Swaps don't help balance the books.

they have plenty of other players that they're going to sell. What they have to do is sell for more than they buy and reduce their payroll, they're not under any sort of transfer embargo. They've already found a reason to sack Adil Rami, not turning up for training at the end of last season I think.

#CeltaVigoFinanceWatch update

@SkyKaveh: West Ham have offered the €50m release clause for Celta Vigo striker Maxi Gomez. Discussions ongoing over payment structure. Release clause cannot be triggered until full amount is lodged at La Liga HQ in Madrid.

West Ham proposing to pay the full amount in instalments

Three clubs after Southampton player – Saints ‘satisfied’ with €10m, but also open to loan package:

Coming off the bench in all three of his Africa Cup of Nations appearances for Morocco, Sofiane Boufal showed once again his ability with the ball in his feet.

That was already on display at Celta last season during his loan from Southampton, and while the Saints haven’t expressed a strong desire to sell the forward this summer, they wouldn’t stand in his way if the right offer came along.

This is what Foot Mercato are reporting on Thursday, as they claim the 25-year-old would prefer a return to France, where he originally made a name for himself at Angers and Lille before his move to St Mary’s.

Three clubs have already expressed some interest in his services, and those are Marseille, Nice and Bordeaux.

While the former of the three have been the most talked about, Foot Mercato explain no concrete move has been made by them just yet, which isn’t entirely a surprise seeing as they’ll need to sell a bit more than just Lucas Ocampos before being active on the transfer market.

That leaves the door open for the other two, with Nice a well-known admirer of the player, having already tried to sign him last year.

Southampton’s reported willingness to even listen to loan with a view to buy deals has also brought Bordeaux into the mix, as this would suit their more ‘limited’ budget than their competition’s.

The Premier League club would reportedly be ‘satisfied’ with a €10m offer, which would lead them to make a rather large loss on their original £16.8m expenditure from 2016.

Foot Mercato also claim a number of teams in Spain are keen on Boufal, including Celta, but it’s France the player is looking at for now.

Source: http://sportwitness.co.uk/three-clubs-southampton-player-saints-satisfied-e10m-also-open-loan-package/

Nice in ‘advanced talks’ ?

Club in ‘advanced negotiations’ to sign Southampton player – very quick deal predicted:

Sofiane Boufal had a reasonable season on loan at Celta Vigo and there’s been at least a little desire to get him back at the club, although not at the amounts which Southampton would want.

The 25 year old former Lille player was certainly entertaining in Spain, and topped even Lionel Messi for dribbling statistics, but he wasn’t consistent enough with an end product.

Now Nice are working to sign the player, and L’Equipe report a deal could be done before the end of the week.

The French club are in ‘advanced negotiations’ with Southampton, which it’s said could ‘very quickly result’ in a transfer for €10m.

That seems a little on the low side.

Boufal himself is said to be keen on the potential move, and he’d have to come to his own contractual agreement with Nice.

Bordeaux and Marseille have also been interested, although they were looking at loaning the player and keeping an option to buy for next summer.

Source: http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-advanced-negotiations-sign-southampton-player-quick-deal-predicted/

Surely Ralph can’t be behind boufal sale . Must be someone else’s idea.. find this pretty frustrating if we just let him go without giving him a shot under Ralph.. could be our standout attacker if it works out.. and if not 10m seems a floor price for boufal anyway if we get the best out of him he could be worth 3-4 times that so why not give a go ?

Surely Ralph can’t be behind boufal sale . Must be someone else’s idea.. find this pretty frustrating if we just let him go without giving him a shot under Ralph.. could be our standout attacker if it works out.. and if not 10m seems a floor price for boufal anyway if we get the best out of him he could be worth 3-4 times that so why not give a go ?

It's hard to know the reasoning without knowing what the player's own attitude is though. You are assuming that Boufal wants to be given another shot at Saints, but that may not be the case. Maybe he has talked to Ralph and stated that he prefers to move on? We know that Ralph made a point of talking to all of our players in detail when he arrived and made plans on basis of that, so maybe he has done the same with Boufal following end of his loan and that discussion has driven the decision to sell. All speculation of course but don't think we can automatically assume it is just the club driving this.

It's hard to know the reasoning without knowing what the player's own attitude is though. You are assuming that Boufal wants to be given another shot at Saints, but that may not be the case. Maybe he has talked to Ralph and stated that he prefers to move on? We know that Ralph made a point of talking to all of our players in detail when he arrived and made plans on basis of that, so maybe he has done the same with Boufal following end of his loan and that discussion has driven the decision to sell. All speculation of course but don't think we can automatically assume it is just the club driving this.

Yeah could be right. I mean he was getting frustrated under pellegrino (hence the west brom goal celebration) and Hughes who he fell out with. So he probably doesn’t feel super appreciated at saints.. what he needs is a long constant run in the side like redmond had last season.. it’s hard to get thrown on late and change games.. or be in one week then out next two,, redmond wasn’t doing much either when they were both rotated in and out of the side

Why? Ralph has seen him play and can see why he will never be a team player, and why he has no end product. He is a very skilful footballer, but has a basic faulty trait that means he does not link up with other players. Ralph has presumably reckoned he cannot change Boufal's style, in the same way none of his other coaches have and requested he be transferred out. Don't think it's an attitude problem, though its possible, just a realisation that he does not have the tools to fit into Ralph's team.

Fans spend 2 seasons slagging off Boufal, now he is going, not enough money cos he is brilliant.

Honestly, don’t get our fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some fans spent 2 seasons slagging him off, including me. Some OTHER fans are now saying he’s being sold cheaply. It’s not really that hard to get, is it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some fans spent 2 seasons slagging him off, including me. Some OTHER fans are now saying he’s being sold cheaply. It’s not really that hard to get, is it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same fans. Same fans. Swear we have some odd people supporting us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would Jarrod Bowen be a suitable replacement in his role?

Not really. I like Bowen, left footer, plays on the right, but I don't imagine that position is high up the priority list with the money we are currently generating.

Especially when we have Redmond & Djenepo out wide.

From what I can see, all the twitter buzz came from a random account with less than 1k followers which spiked the betting odds.