Sofiane Boufal

Matthew Le God

Club trying to ‘considerably’ lower Southampton demands – Prospect of doing so ‘isn’t bad’

Source: http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-trying-considerably-lower-southampton-demands-player-prospect-isnt-bad/

They'll have much more to spend once Maxi Gomez is sold. I reckon we could possibly squeeze around £12m out of them.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Vigo pleading poverty forget that. Bring him back let ralph run the rule over him could still offer more to the first team with right approach.

I agree with you K,Billy. Ralph has motivated a lot of cheesed-off players this season. He could certainly do that with Boufal. But it sounds like Bouf sees his future in Spain now and wants us to agree a deal. :(

Example : I have my car on Gumtree now. I want to sell it, but if the best offer is half market value, I'm keeping it. I tend to think that for Hoedt and Carillo too. Why should we sell them off cheap and pay half their wages to play elsewhere? Let them be OUR squad players, if we are funding them to not play.

We are stupid if we let him go on the cheap.. has far more talent then Redmond will ever have. Give him a long run in the team and he would do at least what Redmond did last season. And then would probably be worth 40m. For morocco he looked the class act when he came on and that's in a team including ziyech

Vigo pleading poverty forget that. Bring him back let ralph run the rule over him could still offer more to the first team with right approach.

Agree with you here K,Billy. I still think Ralph will take a look at Sofiane when he reports back for pre season training.

I'd cut and run for 8 million

Take 8m for one of the most skillful players in football and pay 16-18m for an unproven championship striker.

Some fans here are a mess

Let Ralph sort him out and then judge him next summer.

His value won’t go much lower if it is really 8m.

He basically for 2 of the most defensive minded managers in Puel and Pellegrino.

How do you expect him to thrive in that sort of environment?

Playing in an attack minded team will help him flourish.

I would at least give him a preseason under Ralph despite what the wet tarts on here think I feel technically he is our most gifted player. If Ralph could make him a more team orientated player we could be onto a winner.

Agree with those hoping he gets another shot. I'm a little concerned that we are so keen to offload him though - sounds like perhaps Hasenhuttl (or someone else) has made up his mind. I'm much more inclined to go with his gut than anyone else, but do find it a little odd that of all the players out on loan, Boufal isn't the one most likely to be reintegrated.

Of course, it might also be something to do with the player himself, maybe he hated it and doesn't want to come back!

I would at least give him a preseason under Ralph despite what the wet tarts on here think I feel technically he is our most gifted player. If Ralph could make him a more team orientated player we could be onto a winner.

Boufal is a good dribbler but doesn't pass. When I was a lad we had a few of those on the playground...'ball hoggers'.

Agree with those hoping he gets another shot. I'm a little concerned that we are so keen to offload him though - sounds like perhaps Hasenhuttl (or someone else) has made up his mind. I'm much more inclined to go with his gut than anyone else, but do find it a little odd that of all the players out on loan, Boufal isn't the one most likely to be reintegrated.

Of course, it might also be something to do with the player himself, maybe he hated it and doesn't want to come back!

It could also be that we are desperate to offload players to bring in funds & he’s one of the very few that has interest.

It could also be that we are desperate to offload players to bring in funds & he’s one of the very few that has interest.

Yeah it's this I reckon. He's probably like Lemina; you'd put him in amongst our better players, but he's one you could get away with selling and actually has a market.

If selling Boufal allows us to be a bit more cash fluid and bring in Adams and someone else, I'd be all for it really.

Yeah it's this I reckon. He's probably like Lemina; you'd put him in amongst our better players, but he's one you could get away with selling and actually has a market.

If selling Boufal allows us to be a bit more cash fluid and bring in Adams and someone else, I'd be all for it really.

I d prefer to get rid of Forster, Austin, El younoussi, Hoedt, Carillo Stephens, Reed, Gallagher on low fees, so that we can save a ton on wages for the next few years.

Keeping talented footballers like Boufal and Lemina is a better all round strategy.

There will always be interest in our players including the ones we consider flops.

We just have to be prepared to write some of our investment off.

I d prefer to get rid of Forster, Austin, El younoussi, Hoedt, Carillo Stephens, Reed, Gallagher on low fees, so that we can save a ton on wages for the next few years.

Keeping talented footballers like Boufal and Lemina is a better all round strategy.

There will always be interest in our players including the ones we consider flops.

We just have to be prepared to write some of our investment off.

But the point is we literally cannot shift a lot of those players.

Boufal is a good dribbler but doesn't pass.
he doesn't pass? I don't recall that being an issue, more that when he did pass it wasn't a good one or was the wrong one.

For the record, I enjoyed watching him and wanted to see much more after every cameo, but when he started games he didn't overly impress and he tired quickly in the second half like Lallana. I did feel that after an average game he was immediately dropped unlike many other players. I thought the manager needed to show a little more faith and give him several games in a row. The bust up with Hughes will be known by the new management and that will effect his chances.

Edited by Chez

That's true, but given that's the case, I hope we don't end up getting rid for silly (little) money. Would kind of defeat the object of selling one of our better assets!

Let's say we get 8m from Celta Vigo. What does that get you these days, a better player? Only with luck and a few years down the line. The manager really needs to see him in pre-season and give him a fair crack of the whip. The previous two managers didn't (we should have listened to the Stoke fans!) and as someone else has commented, if we're only going to get that amount, deferring that income for a season shouldn't make a big difference.

Ralph is going for pace and he certainly has that. Will he respond to a different environment and better manager? At least with Boufal there is some hope.

He's had a decent season, has two years on his contract, is still only 25, there is no way he should leave for £8 million.

There will be other takers for him who will pay higher than that, in the current market that is what you might pay for a League 1 player, not a player who has just out dribbled Messi.

We should easily be able to get double that if not more IMO. There are probably a decent amount of clubs in Europe that can afford more than Celta can and who he would improve.

Since we valued Tadic at £10m, asking for.£8m for Boufal might seem cheeky

Good point. I still cant quite get my head round us selling Tadic for that amount. I know he didn't have a good season prior to it, but even so...

I suspect we are desperate to get him off the wage bill and we will take a cut price for hi. We will then watch him run rings round opponents for the rest of his career wondering what might have been...

Good point. I still cant quite get my head round us selling Tadic for that amount. I know he didn't have a good season prior to it, but even so...

I suspect we are desperate to get him off the wage bill and we will take a cut price for hi. We will then watch him run rings round opponents for the rest of his career wondering what might have been...

He was 30, had been playing below his best for a while and wanted to go back to NL.

It was either that offer (which is probably nearer £12m when all the clauses have paid out) or keep him here against his will until his contract ran out. Seems sensible to me, we're only having this discussion because Moi has turned out to be utterly useless.

If we have to sell at ANY price ANY of our players that attract an offer to keep our heads above water then we really are up sh*te creek. Boufal is neither the problem nor the solution. Why do we need to be so bloody humble about these things all the bloody time alway paying over the odds for crap and always accepting under the odds for any of our lads that can kick a football. We need to get a bit of backbone into this club and fast!

Assets are assets not liabilities!

If we have to sell at ANY price ANY of our players that attract an offer to keep our heads above water then we really are up sh*te creek. Boufal is neither the problem nor the solution. Why do we need to be so bloody humble about these things all the bloody time alway paying over the odds for crap and always accepting under the odds for any of our lads that can kick a football. We need to get a bit of backbone into this club and fast!

They're an asset when someone wants to pay proper money and give them what they want in wages, but they're a liability when nobody wants to pay what we want and/or match their wages. Fraser, for example, will literally cost us money to get rid of him.

They're an asset when someone wants to pay proper money and give them what they want in wages, but they're a liability when nobody wants to pay what we want and/or match their wages. Fraser, for example, will literally cost us money to get rid of him.

Its because we are going to pay for the absolute shocking football decisions made, giving Forster new contract after abysmal season, Hoedt and worst of all Carillo whoever gave a manager you are looking to sack 19m on someone with his record baffles me still.

Will take years of belt tightening to get over this Forster contract 2022 !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With 25 man PL squads, those that the manager doesn't want but earn a reasonable amount are liabilities.

In Boufal's case though I would like to see him given another chance.

With 25 man PL squads, those that the manager doesn't want but earn a reasonable amount are liabilities.

In Boufal's case though I would like to see him given another chance.

I would as well, but I fear the player now has a preference for Celta and we may not see the best of him if we should make him stay and prove himself.

He was 30, had been playing below his best for a while and wanted to go back to NL.

It was either that offer (which is probably nearer £12m when all the clauses have paid out) or keep him here against his will until his contract ran out. Seems sensible to me, we're only having this discussion because Moi has turned out to be utterly useless.

and that Tadic went on to have an amazing season at Ajax.

Regarding Moi, do you have any hope that he needed a season to settle in to the new style and pace of the Premiership? I have to admit that in a few games I saw him live I thought he began brightly, doing some good stuff, before fading away somewhat. I wondered if there wasn't a player in there somewhere. I didn't think he was that bad, really. Pretty much every man and his dog on here says he is ****, but I wondered if that might be the unforgiving crowd watching another season of relative durge. I didn't see as many games live as others so I bow down to those that did who will be better positioned than I to judge, but any hope at all?

... worst of all Carillo whoever gave a manager you are looking to sack 19m on someone with his record baffles me still.

Will take years of belt tightening to get over this Forster contract 2022 !!!

its not hard to make me angry these days, but those two decisions take the **** in terms of ineptitude.

and that Tadic went on to have an amazing season at Ajax.

Regarding Moi, do you have any hope that he needed a season to settle in to the new style and pace of the Premiership? I have to admit that in a few games I saw him live I thought he began brightly, doing some good stuff, before fading away somewhat. I wondered if there wasn't a player in there somewhere. I didn't think he was that bad, really. Pretty much every man and his dog on here says he is ****, but I wondered if that might be the unforgiving crowd watching another season of relative durge. I didn't see as many games live as others so I bow down to those that did who will be better positioned than I to judge, but any hope at all?

Anything said about Tadic in hindsight isn’t really relevant. There’s no way on Earth he’d have had the season he’s just had if he had stayed. He is playing in well managed, winning team in a weak league and has found a new lease of life which he has carried through into the Champions League. If he’d stayed here, he probably would have four goals, a couple of missed pens and just be stinking out the dressing room because he didn’t get to leave.

Moi I thought was useless from the first preseason game I saw him in and he’s done nothing whatsoever to change my mind.

I think Moi's main problem is that he makes Tadic look like Usain Bolt. Apart from that, he doesn't have Tadic's strength to pin a fullback, his eye for a pass, or his occasional moments of absolute brilliance.

He's got decent enough ball control and he has a trick or two, but even when they come off he can't ever get away from anyone because he can't run. He can occasinally put in a good cross, and his movement to find space is pretty good, he just fluffs his lines when it comes to playing a dangerous pass or having a shot.

Let's say we get 8m from Celta Vigo. What does that get you these days, a better player? Only with luck and a few years down the line. The manager really needs to see him in pre-season and give him a fair crack of the whip. The previous two managers didn't (we should have listened to the Stoke fans!) and as someone else has commented, if we're only going to get that amount, deferring that income for a season shouldn't make a big difference.

Ralph is going for pace and he certainly has that. Will he respond to a different environment and better manager? At least with Boufal there is some hope.

I agree and I don’t know what the fuss is about Ralph has said he wants a look at him pre-season.

its not hard to make me angry these days, but those two decisions take the **** in terms of ineptitude.

Yep. We have made lots of bad recruitment decisions over the past few years, but a lot can at least be filed under "right intentions" - in fact probably at the time I was excited or mildly optimistic about many of them because they at least seemed to be the right sort of players, even if in the end they weren't good enough. The Carrillo and Forster ones dumbfounded me from the moment I heard about them.

I agree and I don’t know what the fuss is about Ralph has said he wants a look at him pre-season.

Agreed - would much rather take a huge haircut on Elyounoussi's fee, as we know he can't run and RH's style requires runners. Boufal at least has the control and acceleration to carry the ball and go past people.

Any Celta Vigo players we'd like to take in part exchange ? Seem to recall they had a decent Slovakian MF at the start of last season we were linked with.

Good job Les has gone, otherwise he might have allowed them to convince us to 'sign' Hoedt in pt exchange.

Brais Méndez. Lobotka is crap, reminds me of Clasie.

Well he's headlining again on the OS so looks like we're being brainwashed into accepting him back! Actually I'd pay for his airfare to get him back asap, gut feeling this is going to work out well.

Howls of derision expected so bring 'em on.

Who needs brainwashing..

With Ralph having a look at him in pre season he isn't going to be disappointed in Boufals pace or ability. Whether he can be re-integrated and re-enthused about Saints will be the biggest issue. Hopefully Ralph can get him back inside the tent.

If anyone can... Ralph can.

Nice being able to say that about a manager, it's been a while.

There's some talk about him going to Marseille on the internet press this morning. Probably just some wild speculation though, didn't read all of it yet.

Normally I think that’d be a good link, but I though Marseille were under FFP scrutiny and had to sell loads of players?

Is that right, Windows?

Normally I think that’d be a good link, but I though Marseille were under FFP scrutiny and had to sell loads of players?

Is that right, Windows?

Well yes, they're under some sort of UEFA control. They've already shifted a couple and I think they've got potential buyers lined up for Thauvin, Ocampos and Sanson. Plus we'd probably give them a pretty good deal on Boufal, maybe even another loan..