Sofiane Boufal

Matthew Le God

He'll go to Leicester to replace Mahrez.

doubt it. He joined us on a high after a great season with Lille (Played 35, scored 16)

Puel favored Redmond which would probably kill any players confidence and under Puel he played the equivalent of just 14 games scoring 2 goals.

It all went wrong for him under Puel and doubt he'd play for him again.

Rumour is that Boufal has had a bust up with Hughes and has been told to train alone!!

Wouldnt surprise me if that is true

I read that he refused to warm-up before a game for some reason, so he had a big blow up with Hughes. I read that Hughes even threw a water bottle at him. I don't think Hughes takes much crap. Anyway, who knows if its true.

We’re still getting the same pony we got with Gaston, “he clearly has talent”. **** off, Mr Woo had talent, that doesn’t make him a premier league player. “He’d be great in Italy or Spain”, so ****ing what, we play in England. If Troy Deeney went to Barcelona, refused to warm up after playing **** the whole time, would their supporters say “he clearly has heading ability” and “he’d be brilliant if England”. Shocking player, shocking waste of money, shocking attitude, how people can defend him is beyond me. Shame it was left to Hughes to chuck a bottle at him, in the good old days one of the players would have given him a right hander.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I actually hate how much power players have- if all this is true bet the tw_t is still being paid his handsome wage :x

Let me try and do the same thing to my boss- refuse to do my job- everyone knows what would happen next.

football just so out of touch with the common man.

Pure fantasy I know but if Boufal has really misbehaved like this, surely the club would be well within their right to fine him two weeks wages. Just think £120K could pay 8 office admin staff £15K or 6 staff at £20K for a whole year rather than them losing their jobs as will probably happen with our relegation. Similar with several other players who have been picking up £50k plus a week for doing next to nothing, be very nice if they dipped into their pockets and found a week's wages each and put that towards paying loyal staff who have probably been at the club for years and face redundancy through no fault of their own.

Unfortunately, like I say, pure fantasy!

Pure fantasy I know but if Boufal has really misbehaved like this, surely the club would be well within their right to fine him two weeks wages. Just think £120K could pay 8 office admin staff £15K or 6 staff at £20K for a whole year rather than them losing their jobs as will probably happen with our relegation. Similar with several other players who have been picking up £50k plus a week for doing next to nothing, be very nice if they dipped into their pockets and found a week's wages each and put that towards paying loyal staff who have probably been at the club for years and face redundancy through no fault of their own.

Unfortunately, like I say, pure fantasy!

Bravo sir.

Don't think this is the time to be getting on players backs. The likes of boufal lemina and gabbi seem to be getting major stick when tbh they have been no worse then the rest of the squad on their day they are definitely capable. Could be that boefal was getting a strop about being in and out of the side all season can also see why gabbiadini could be frustrated. Left on the bench most of the time then given 20 mins max to make an impact! When he has started he's always made good movenment and has good finishing when getting the right service

Don't think this is the time to be getting on players backs. The likes of boufal lemina and gabbi seem to be getting major stick when tbh they have been no worse then the rest of the squad on their day they are definitely capable. Could be that boefal was getting a strop about being in and out of the side all season can also see why gabbiadini could be frustrated. Left on the bench most of the time then given 20 mins max to make an impact! When he has started he's always made good movenment and has good finishing when getting the right service

think you can get on his back. Hughes won’t pick him again.

See that Merrington still thinks Boufal is being mismanaged and played out of position.

...and he's right too. My guess is that Sofiane realises he made a mistake coming here in the first place and is craftily engineering his way out. Pick a non-fight with an simpleton oaf like Hughes and getting 'frozen out' may well be part of the game plan to be invited tavoid branching any contact issues at the end of the season.

Don’t think it’s time to be refusing to warm up/play either.

They all deserve major stick for being paid well for playing sh*t.

The best way to get off the bench is to do the business on the pitch when selected. The 3 you mention have all been given a chance this season but have been utterly dire. I can honestly say that McCarthy is the only player who can hold his head up.

Refusing to warm up to take a part in a game when you are paid $60,000 a week is nothing short of scandalous. Hughes has to get shot of him regardless of any latent ability. Out of the matchday squad, away from training with the first team, away from the club. Fined at least two weeks wages for failing to fulfil the requirements of his role and sold to the highest bidder as soon as the window opens. You simply cannot have this and foster any sort of team spirit.

If it’s true that Boufal refused to go and warm up in a critical match for the club, he deserves all the stick he is getting and more. He clearly thinks he is more important than the club so I will be very happy if he never appears on the pitch for us again. I think most people can forgive some below par performances from players as long as they are trying and doing their best for the club. Boufal is paid a lot of money, he has some talent, but he has no divine right to be in the starting line up. He should be ready to play whenever the manager calls upon him to do so and keen to prove him wrong for not selecting him. It seems that is not the case, so good riddance to him.

We have so few games left, I would just tell him to stay at home if the reports are true. Why bother training at all? Turning up to Staplewood each day and training alone, while still visible to the rest of the team, is just a reminder of one of our numerous problems. Staying away completely is one less distraction and risk of negativity.

We have so few games left, I would just tell him to stay at home if the reports are true. Why bother training at all? Turning up to Staplewood each day and training alone, while still visible to the rest of the team, is just a reminder of one of our numerous problems. Staying away completely is one less distraction and risk of negativity.

Well no, he probably wants to be playing football just now to prepare for the World Cup. It must be really, really annoying for players in his situation when your manager won't give you any of the game time that you need.

Why the F did he play Lemina then against Chelsea? And then keep him on?

I reckon Redmond is probably a wind-up merchant behind the scenes too. Tadic? Has the look of a billy big balls as well. Sick of the lot of them. No team in the Premier tries less. In fact, I can't even call this rabble a team as they clearly aren't.

The reality is we have a short term coach, and he doesn't have the authority to hire and fire anyway. All this talk of "Hughes should get rid..." It's not his decision, he can only recommend and feed back to Reed the identity of who made his job more difficult in his time here.

This won't get resolved until the end of the season, sadly.

Why the F did he play Lemina then against Chelsea? And then keep him on?

I reckon Redmond is probably a wind-up merchant behind the scenes too. Tadic? Has the look of a billy big balls as well. Sick of the lot of them. No team in the Premier tries less. In fact, I can't even call this rabble a team as they clearly aren't.

Think thats harsh on Tadic, my issue with him is more about him being **** than not putting in the effort, he clearly wants to win.

Well you can see the below aren't interested by just watching them mope about the pitch...

Bertrand

Cedric

Lemina

Gabbiadini

Carrillo

Maybe a tad harsh on Cedric and Gabbi. But really, that is the problem with a club of our size and (past) ambition. We get the players who to move to a big club but aren't good enough or are unproven to get them. Their ego says they should get one, and as consolation, they take the ridiculously high wages that we can offer.

Long may be ****, but he gives it his all the whole time and I'd take that over someone who has flashes of great ability.

In footballing terms, relegation will of course be bad. But it might give a chance for a clear out and start again with a different ethos.

Think thats harsh on Tadic, my issue with him is more about him being **** than not putting in the effort, he clearly wants to win.

Fair enough. Gash, yes, but nothing more than a whinger perhaps

He clearly thought he was coming to a mid/low level PL club where he'd be the main man. It didn't happen straight away, and he probably regretted the move almost immediately. It's a shame, as he's got the best first touch and technique of any player we've had here in the last decade, and as it happens, I don't really mind arrogant sods, but you really have to fault the scouting and recruitment. This is pretty much exactly what a friend in France said would happen - he told me Boufal was talented, but was an idiot with a terrible attitude. Unless you're committed to building your team around a player like that, you shouldn't buy them, and you certainly shouldn't break your transfer record for them.

I suspect he'll go to a slightly bigger club than us (but not the top tier) and be a roaring success. Insofar as he's capable of playing with real pace and intensity, he's far more likely to make us regret his departure than Gaston ever was.

Time will tell but I honestly don't see him succeeding elsewhere unless he totally changes his attitude. I just don't see a burning desire to succeed in him, he just wants everything to fall into his lap without putting in the effort.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

We’re still getting the same pony we got with Gaston, “he clearly has talent”. **** off, Mr Woo had talent, that doesn’t make him a premier league player. “He’d be great in Italy or Spain”, so ****ing what, we play in England. If Troy Deeney went to Barcelona, refused to warm up after playing **** the whole time, would their supporters say “he clearly has heading ability” and “he’d be brilliant if England”. Shocking player, shocking waste of money, shocking attitude, how people can defend him is beyond me. Shame it was left to Hughes to chuck a bottle at him, in the good old days one of the players would have given him a right hander.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quite a lot of venom based on absolutely nothing concrete except a speculative rumour published in a malevolent red top rag stirring the sh*t to unsettle our team on the run in. Well played sir for your very balanced opinion of something that may never have happened.

Well no, he probably wants to be playing football just now to prepare for the World Cup. It must be really, really annoying for players in his situation when your manager won't give you any of the game time that you need.
Well boo ****ing hoo. Some decent performances on the pitch and some effort might help him get more game time?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

the guy reminds me of Ben Arfa. my guess is he'll forge an above average career in France for rest of his career. will ply his trade somewhere like Lyon/Marseille and do decent... as long as we can get £12m-£14m at least I'd take that now.

the guy reminds me of Ben Arfa. my guess is he'll forge an above average career in France for rest of his career. will ply his trade somewhere like Lyon/Marseille and do decent... as long as we can get £12m-£14m at least I'd take that now.

That's about it. He will play on his Premier League experience to get that.

Had a quick look at the highlights video that MLG posted in post 1 of this thread. Bearing in mind it's his best ever plays there are a lot of clips of ball tricks with no real end product. He does them and then either a) dives, b) gets fouled, c) makes a simple pass that he could have done anyway without risking losing the ball d)loses the ball e) makes a terrible cross.

Yes there are some nice goals and assists in there but his highlights reel is full of the same frustrating play we are more than used to from him. Defenders are too quick and strong in the Prem for him to do all the flicks and turns he does. He's like a less talented version of Ronaldo when he first went to Utd. The difference being Ronaldo actually listened to Fergie and learned for himself that all the stepovers etc are useless in the Prem. Yes he's had some **** managers but you think he would have learned that by now. Apparently not, he's not the type of player to learn and adapt.

His agent must be another Arfa, Arthur Daley, hawking that bloke around and selling him as a top level footballer with pretensions this was a stepping stone to a glittering career.

When he signed someone posted he'd be the next Adel Taarabt. Many will ask who ?. A player who had a few good games for QPR,before disappearing off the scene and not living up to hype. Seems a reasonable comparison to me at the moment.

His agent must be another Arfa, Arthur Daley, hawking that bloke around and selling him as a top level footballer with pretensions this was a stepping stone to a glittering career.

When he signed someone posted he'd be the next Adel Taarabt. Many will ask who ?. A player who had a few good games for QPR,before disappearing off the scene and not living up to hype. Seems a reasonable comparison to me at the moment.

I've just finished reading (well, listening to) Neil Warnock's autobiography. The lengths he had to go to to try and keep Taraabt happy is quite unbelievable, and it still wasn't enough. To say "a few good games" is unfair, he won Championship player of the year and was largely responsible for QPR winning the league. But managed to p1ss off his fellow players, staff and manager in the process with his antics.

Everyone has an idea that footballers can be difficult at times, but the sort of things Adel Taraabt did beggar belief. Warnock still maintained he was a "lovely lad", but such irresponsibility and ill discipline while picking up god knows how much money makes you a massive pr1ck in my book.

Never liked this guy from the moment he scored and ran straight to Pellegrino pointing his finger, ignoring the fans, just to make a point. His point being that he can score goals like that so should be starting games regardless no doubt. Terrible attitude and not good for the squad or manager. Someone mentioned above that he would of been a Koeman signing. I expect that his attitude would have been different if Koeman didn't leave. We know he would drop Mane on a couple of occasions for being late, even though we needed him really. He also shipped Safir Taider straight out after only playing in one friendly saying he had the wrong attitude.

So Puel and Pellegrino were too soft, yet i think both were brought in as yes men, men that made sure expensive signings actually played regardless of attitude or form. Not good for anything if players call the shots. Hughes coming in seems to making it clear that he will play who he wants. Our expensive new signing has been dropped (which needed to happen tbh) and i'm not surprised Boufal is crying. He's not getting his own way again.

To be fair the passive aggressive football style we played for the last 2 seasons would **** me off as well but refusing to warm up is unprofessional.

Would love to see what Boufal could of done in a Koeman or Poch team

I very much doubt Boufal has the work ethic or attitude to be in a Poch team....

Quite a lot of venom based on absolutely nothing concrete except a speculative rumour published in a malevolent red top rag stirring the sh*t to unsettle our team on the run in. Well played sir for your very balanced opinion of something that may never have happened.

Concrete would be club reporting it I guess yes? They won’t do that. However, be assured Boufal refused to warm up to get ready to be subbed on so they sent out Sims instead. This led to an incident in the dressing room as stated. His ego has got the better of him. Doubt he will play again this season.

I think that was me. Wish I'd been wrong.

On the flip side, Taarabt had one storming season for QPR in the championship, so maybe Boufal's about to find his level...

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk