Sofiane Boufal

Matthew Le God

From a technical perspective he is our best player and is capable of producing the unexpected or goal from nowhere type play.

I would get him back get him a preseason with Ralph I reckon he could do the business for us!

Let’s re-sign Gaston as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Difference is that he has seen these guys and decided against them !

Boufal is an unknown quantity and should be assessed before being retained or discarded !

Which I'm sure he'll get the chance to as long as he hasn't burned his bridges. They'll have a look at him, and Ralph will probably decide if he sees a future with him.

Difference is that he has seen these guys and decided against them !

Boufal is an unknown quantity and should be assessed before being retained or discarded !

In that meet the Ralphs soiree in the Gas Works bar, it was said that all the folks out on loan would have the rule run over them before decisions are made.

In fairness to Boufal I think he is capable of being compliant, when he first turned up he just wanted the glory moments and not bother with the dirty work, under Pellegrino even young Sofiane said that he had learned to be more of a team player by working on his defensive responsibilities. From my seat in the stands you could see that he was more wiling to get back and carry out defensive duties. Ralph has given JWP the shot in the arm, that he himself admitted he needed, so who knows.

At the end of the day if he turns out as not fitting the blueprint, maybe we can sell him back to Lille now they have CL next season.

It's weird some people seem to against even giving him a chance.

Let him come back, train pre-season, Ralph will make the decision on him, if he can get him to perform and contribute to the team its only to our benefit. If he can't then we have to flog him to someone, which we would need to do anyway.

Also people are hilariously negative, the bemoan 'boring' football and players playing safe sideways passes or cutting inside, whilst you have a player in Boufal who takes people on, creates space etc. which of course doesn't always work out and people moan at him for losing the ball.

You couldn't make it up.

Football is 90 minutes long, attackers and wide players who try to take people on will lose the ball but then it only takes one moment to create some space or an overload that leads to goals and pulling defenders out of positions. Hazards and Messis that do it with ease time after time and have amazing end products don't play for us.

Plus he's doing it in a relegation threatened team, that is hardly going to be blessed with attacking players or is going to commit men forward to support attacks. Considering that he seems to have done ok, I mean he's had Hoedt defending at the back behind all year!

Edited by tajjuk

It's weird some people seem to against even giving him a chance.

He's had plenty of chances, whilst at Saints and at Celta. I got fed up seeing him sulk like a child, both on the pitch and on the bench, but apparently be the life of the party in training.

If he wanted a Premier League career the loan at Celta was a window for him to get into peak fitness and play his best ready to be evaluated pre-season, you make your own luck, and watching Celta here and there I've seen none of this.

Just move on and hope Ralph has a few Austrian / German rabbits in his hat this summer.

1 assist and the winner today, and quite a decent winner it was as well.

Excellent goal. Very similar to one he scored a few weeks back. Odd how so many posters have a hissy fit each time his name is mentioned, but Ralph will give him a chance to impress and I've a feeling he'll take it. Looking forward to seeing how he does in a Ralph system.

Excellent goal. Very similar to one he scored a few weeks back. Odd how so many posters have a hissy fit each time his name is mentioned, but Ralph will give him a chance to impress and I've a feeling he'll take it. Looking forward to seeing how he does in a Ralph system.

Lol so much this...

I think we are seeing Boufals confidence finally return...

He joined us on a high after a great season with Lille (Played 35, scored 16, multiple assists) but was never going to be able to express himself in a Puel (sideways, sideways, back) side.

His confidence was hugely knocked under Puel and maybe we now see a revitilised Boufal.

I'd give him a chance here fo sho.

Maddison at Leicester is similar. Arrived on a big high, hits a wall with Puels "style". Confidence drops, form drops.... New manager and he's alive again.

0c107160de7ca1de1809ebbafffa5c15.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah obviously different standard and league but the Whoscored rating methodology is the same so it shows he is having a ok season there.

100% up to ralph but if he likes him I expect to see a significantly improved boufal given his saints career so far as been the worst 2 managers we have had in the last few years.

1 assist and the winner today, and quite a decent winner it was as well.

Problem is that he has one game like that a season, the rest of the time he's average and ineffective. If dropped or sidelined when his form drops there's a sulk to contend with.

Depending on recruitment in the summer I'm not sure we can afford the luxury of both Boufal and Redmond as regular starters. Throw JWP into the mix and despite his recent surge in form we are very lightweight.

There was talk just before the January transfer window that Hasenhuttl was going to take a look at Boufal and Carrillo. Any idea if that did actually happen?

Not sure about Carrillo but I honestly think Boufal would thrive under Hasenhuttl.

It will happen in the summer when they return from their loan spells.

Probably expecting a bit much of Ralph to convert a ton of 6/10 players to 8/10 or 9/10.

But you do get the feeling that RH can unlock potential. Boufal’s potential is surely way higher than what we tend to see (the odd wonder goal or one match performance aside).

Also, he would suit our system pretty well, I think.

More excited about the chance to rehabilitate Boufal than I am about trying to make Hoedt or Clasie into players anywhere near the starting eleven...

Whilst Boufal has obvious talent I'm far from convinced that he is suited to Ralph's high intensity pressing style or indeed the premier league. Suspect Ralph will take a proper look at him in preseason though so a lot will depend on Boufal's attitude then and how much he really wants to be a success in England.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Only needs to do this ten time more often and he'd be good.

There are only 3 players in the whole league who have at least 10 goals and 10 assists, 2 play for city, and the other is Hazard.

Zaha is one of the best players outside the top 6 and he only has 9 goals and 3 assists and he pretty much plays up front for Palace most of the time.

Jota has 8 goals 4 assists, again one of the most effective attackers outside the top 6.

Redmond only has 5 goals 3 assists in the league and hes pretty much the first name on our team sheet.

3 goals 3 assists in 23 games for a relegation threatened team is pretty good, over a full season that would be about 5 and 5, which would put him as our most effective attacker. So he'd barely have to do much more than that to have as many goal contributions as the best players outside the top 6 who have at best about 12-15 goals/assists.

Hopefully he can come back, impress Ralph and he might become a real asset for us. As someone above said he reminds me a lot of Delofeu, who is finally contributing more consistently rather than just showing glimpses of his talent.

e1924958f9a7b048af988a270bd278a3.jpg

Very interesting. This also includes Benteke in the team of the week, should we try signing him as well?

Is that Harry Krishna on there too ? Wonder what became of him he was quite famous in the late 1960's if I remember corrrectly.

Very interesting. This also includes Benteke in the team of the week, should we try signing him as well?

Is that Harry Krishna on there too ? Wonder what became of him he was quite famous in the late 1960's if I remember corrrectly.

Was this supposed to be funny?

You’re really flag bearing your IQ levels with this post pal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Before any of you say they are looking forward to what RH can do with Sofiane in pre-season, think again!

There is the african nations cup from 21st June to 19th July.

Best case scenario it ends on beginning of July for him but then he will probably have some time-off 2-3 weeks for holiday so will start training 3rd week of July at the earliest.

Worst case scenario Morocco go to the final and he won't be back before the start of the premier league season.

You can start complaining lol!

Before any of you say they are looking forward to what RH can do with Sofiane in pre-season, think again!

There is the african nations cup from 21st June to 19th July.

Best case scenario it ends on beginning of July for him but then he will probably have some time-off 2-3 weeks for holiday so will start training 3rd week of July at the earliest.

Worst case scenario Morocco go to the final and he won't be back before the start of the premier league season.

You can start complaining lol!

Is that the Boufal that has 9 caps for Morocco?

And people think RH would get him to get his head down and adopt a work ethic.Just when this theory was gaining some support on here he does a 'Flintoff' and goes off on a jolly.

The police report says Boufal and his teammate had ‘an attitude bordering on recklessness, playing the fool’.

Being polite the blokes a "loose canon" and can't be relied upon. I'll be surprised if we don't get shot of him.

And people think RH would get him to get his head down and adopt a work ethic.Just when this theory was gaining some support on here he does a 'Flintoff' and goes off on a jolly.

Being polite the blokes a "loose canon" and can't be relied upon. I'll be surprised if we don't get shot of him.

Really? :lol:

A loose canon for riding one of those electric scooter type things on the road? :lol:

Absolute non story, so footballers aren't allowed to get small fines for minor traffic violations anymore?

Good attempt to defend him Cartman, but a pretty stupid stunt risking an injury I'd have thought, no matter how trivial a road offence you consider it. The police comments over his attitude seem fairly damning.

I've said it before but I've got a soft spot for the player Bruno Andrade...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruno_Andrade_(footballer,_born_1993)#Lincoln_City

... who's currently with Lincoln City who just got promoted to League One. He's worth a minuscule fraction of Boufal's value, but is easily as good a player (websites have him worth £45k vs Boufal's £13 million).

But, and this is crucial to me, unlike Boufal he's tried bloody hard to get somewhere since being dropped years ago by QPR. I don't give a s**t about Boufal's "potential", he'll never live up to it / put in the required effort / take the change that RH may offer him, but someone like Andrade would.

RH and his boy Danny need spend their limited time with those player who'll take advantage of the opportunity, not those brats and ego's like Boufal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruno_Andrade_(footballer,_born_1993)#Lincoln_City

... who's currently with Lincoln City who just got promoted to League One. He's worth a minuscule fraction of Boufal's value, but is easily as good a player (websites have him worth £45k vs Boufal's £13 million).

But, and this is crucial to me, unlike Boufal he's tried bloody hard to get somewhere since being dropped years ago by QPR. I don't give a s**t about Boufal's "potential", he'll never live up to it / put in the required effort / take the change that RH may offer him, but someone like Andrade would.

RH and his boy Danny need spend their limited time with those player who'll take advantage of the opportunity, not those brats and ego's like Boufal.

Hard really to say he is easily as good a player when Boufal has played in the top leagues in France, England, and now Spain whereas Andrade is only doing well in the English 4th tier. Not saying you are wrong but it is a hell of a step up.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Really? :lol:

A loose canon for riding one of those electric scooter type things on the road? :lol:

Absolute non story, so footballers aren't allowed to get small fines for minor traffic violations anymore?

am with you, this is two blokes messing around probably trying to occupy their time during ramadan and making a bad choice.

If traffic violations are a thing to be considered then Lemina's 96k fine didnt hurt him in Ralphs view too much even though he lied to the police and ignored their summons.

Think things like this lead to confirmation bias if you dislike the player.

Edited by Convict Colony

We don't need him to get his head down. He needs to get his head up, head down is his problem, no awareness of other players or position. If he could address this he could be half decent.

[i know what you meant]

the skates have been looking at Andrade I think