Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 1289

Thread: Sofiane Boufal

  1. #1

    Default Sofiane Boufal

    If true... Nathan Redmond to replace Juanmi, Sofiane Boufal to replace Sadio Mane.

    Transfer. Southampton offers 30 million euros to Lille Boufal

    The path of the Premier League seems to specify daily for Sofiane Boufal. Another English club adds to the list of clubs interested in Moroccan international services. This is Southampton who have made an offer of 30 million euros.


    Sofiane Boufal has not yet decided about his future. But according to several sources, the middle LOSC would be very close to the English league. Several Premier League clubs have also expressed her interest for his services, such as Chelsea and Arsenal.


    Apart from the great English training, Southampton also entered the race to recruit the Lion of the Atlas. Club officials have indeed made an offer of 30 million euros to the direction of Lille.


    If we follow the logic, Sofiane Boufal should sign in Southampton that seeks to overcome the departure of the Senegalese international, Sadio Mané, sold to Liverpool there are only a few days, against 36 million euros. Recruitment that had also ruled out the Boufal track to join the Reds.
    http://sport.le360.ma/marocains-du-m...n=Publipostage


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sawbo
    Posts
    4,033

    Default

    Very happy if we nail this one shut...

  3. Default

    I approve of starting the thread with the obligatory YouTube video too.

    How reliable is the site the news came from?
    Last edited by SuperSAINT; 05-07-2016 at 12:27 PM.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    P-Tr boundary
    Posts
    3,605

    Default

    looks good. for 30 mil we may as well have kept Mane though.

    ed/ ah, Euro

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cusp of a wave
    Posts
    18,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    We should do one of those for Mane. Some cracking goals at the start / finish and 8 minutes in the middle with nothing happening.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic View Post
    looks good. for 30 mil we may as well have kept Mane though.

    ed/ ah, Euro
    Its all part of the stepping stone cycle dont you know With inflated transfer prices, next summer we could shift Boufal on for £50m

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Blackfield, Southampton
    Posts
    1,267

    Default

    Yes please! would be very happy if this is true

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    faraway
    Posts
    5,705

    Default

    I will be pleasantly surprised if we pull this off but imagine there will be bigger clubs circling.

    Still, if this is the calibre of replacement we are after for Mane I will be content.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic View Post
    looks good. for 30 mil we may as well have kept Mane though.

    ed/ ah, Euro
    Won't be long until 30m euro equates to £35m...

  10. #10

    Default

    Quite pricey but this would be a cracking signing if we pulled it off.

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic View Post
    looks good. for 30 mil we may as well have kept Mane though.

    ed/ ah, Euro
    Presume also that it would eb 2 years vs 5 years (which now seems the norm).

  12. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    If true... Nathan Redmond to replace Juanmi, Sofiane Boufal to replace Sadio Mane.



    http://sport.le360.ma/marocains-du-m...n=Publipostage

    He looks like a bit like an expensive Riyad Mahrez

  13. #13

    Default

    Know little about him myself, did some googling and looked at whoscored, scored 11 in 29 last year and was rated 5th best player in the league according to them behind Zlatan, Di Maria, Thiago Silve and Ben Arfa.

    Played mainly wide left, but also behind the striker and the right.

    Worrying disciplinary record for a forward though, 10 yellows and 2 reds, is he bit of hot head?

    All looks promising, though Ramirez was about the same age, he had also just had a good season in Serie A and had a good youtube vid.

    Seems very Mane like though, quick forward who dribbles at people, scores goals etc.

    Plus today's €30 million is probably 2012s £12 million. Also based on the exchange we got like €43 million for Mane, so this is about 70% of the Mane fee.

    Interesting Arsenal are after him, if Chelsea or Arsenal are serious then we'll miss out but if it's Arsenal that get him should be even easier to get Chamberlain as Boufal will be yet another obstacle for him and first team football.

  14. Default

    If Arsenal, Chelsea and Barca are all interested as well - hopefully we can just be quick and get it done ASAP, seems like our best chance.

    If they have time to go through their 1st/2nd/3rd targets and then have to go for him we would stand no chance.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris27687 View Post
    If Arsenal, Chelsea and Barca are all interested as well - hopefully we can just be quick and get it done ASAP, seems like our best chance.

    If they have time to go through their 1st/2nd/3rd targets and then have to go for him we would stand no chance.
    Unfortunately we will just have to wait and hope, as the player will certainly have heard the other teams might be interested and will want to see what transpires.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    17,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farawaysaint View Post
    I will be pleasantly surprised if we pull this off but imagine there will be bigger clubs circling.

    Still, if this is the calibre of replacement we are after for Mane I will be content.

    I guess there comes a point were the bigger clubs don't/can't sign anyone else..to leave us in with a chance.

  17. #17

    Default

    Maybe we get to a Wanyama type situation where some of the bigger teams are interested but happy to let us take the chance. then so be it if they have to spend £20m more to sign him in a couple of years after proving himself.

    personally, happy with that to get a player that looks to have real quality.

    Hardly a reputable source though - could just be rumours based on Puel being appointed and him being a French league veteran

  18. Default

    Lol....no chance of landing him with some of the other clubs that are sniffing around. Our previous big signings did not do so well so spending 30m Euros on this guy would not fill me with confidence. We seem to get real gems in the 8-12 million range (Pelle, Tadic, VVD, Redmond, Bertrand, Long) as opposed to the big money bracket (osvaldo, Ramirez)

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the tattooists where the pain is exquisite...
    Posts
    3,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by washsaint View Post
    Lol....no chance of landing him with some of the other clubs that are sniffing around. Our previous big signings did not do so well so spending 30m Euros on this guy would not fill me with confidence. We seem to get real gems in the 8-12 million range (Pelle, Tadic, VVD, Redmond, Bertrand, Long) as opposed to the big money bracket (osvaldo, Ramirez)
    Wasn't Ramirez 11m?

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by washsaint View Post
    Lol....no chance of landing him with some of the other clubs that are sniffing around. Our previous big signings did not do so well so spending 30m Euros on this guy would not fill me with confidence. We seem to get real gems in the 8-12 million range (Pelle, Tadic, VVD, Redmond, Bertrand, Long) as opposed to the big money bracket (osvaldo, Ramirez)
    Osvaldo was only just out of that bracket... we've never gone for anyone this expensive so no comparisons exist.

  21. Default

    Probably being used to encourage Chelsea into making a bid since they are the other club supposedly with big interest in him. Much in the same way Batshuayi's people made Palace interest public to draw out a firm offer from Chelsea.

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by washsaint View Post
    Lol....no chance of landing him with some of the other clubs that are sniffing around. Our previous big signings did not do so well so spending 30m Euros on this guy would not fill me with confidence. We seem to get real gems in the 8-12 million range (Pelle, Tadic, VVD, Redmond, Bertrand, Long) as opposed to the big money bracket (osvaldo, Ramirez)
    You have to wonder whether Ramirez and Osvaldo were Cortese vanity signings that did not go through the usual scouting process, certainly Osvaldo never appeared to fit the mould of player we look for with regards to mentality/personality etc.

    (also Ramirez was only £12 million, he fitted the criteria most of our other buys have fitted, i.e young player, playing top league football, potential to improve etc.)

    IF Boufal has been scouted as we scout other players and the club have done the due diligence on him and IF the club thinks he is worth that fee then I'd trust him.

    But waiting for a more concrete link. If anything it could be just an easy link to make considering we need a Mane replacement, we have funds from Mane and we've just appointed a French manager. Probably the agent trying to entice Arsenal/Chelsea into a bid.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the tattooists where the pain is exquisite...
    Posts
    3,616

    Default

    I'd like us to spend £25m+ on a player to show Koeman what our #AMBITION is. Would be great if we paid more for a player than everton did. Petty I know but it would amuse me.

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tajjuk View Post
    You have to wonder whether Ramirez and Osvaldo were Cortese vanity signings that did not go through the usual scouting process, certainly Osvaldo never appeared to fit the mould of player we look for with regards to mentality/personality etc.

    (also Ramirez was only £12 million, he fitted the criteria most of our other buys have fitted, i.e young player, playing top league football, potential to improve etc.)

    IF Boufal has been scouted as we scout other players and the club have done the due diligence on him and IF the club thinks he is worth that fee then I'd trust him.

    But waiting for a more concrete link. If anything it could be just an easy link to make considering we need a Mane replacement, we have funds from Mane and we've just appointed a French manager. Probably the agent trying to entice Arsenal/Chelsea into a bid.
    Osvaldo was Poch's incoming manager signing promise, just as Pelle was Koemans. Thankfully the latter turned out better. Ramirez was just unfortunate, no reason for him to not work out. He had all the signs of great player but couldn't adjust to UK and Poch's style and was injury prone.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23760294

  25. #25

    Default

    Transfer. Southampton offer 30 million euros to Lille for Boufal

    The path of the Premier League seems to take shape from day to day for Sofiane Boufal. Another English club is added to the list of clubs interested in the services of the Moroccan international. It is Southampton who have made an offer of 30 million euros.


    Sofiane Boufal has not yet decided his future. But according to several sources, the LOSC midfielder is apparently very close to the English league. Several Premier League clubs have also expressed their interest for his services, such as Chelsea and Arsenal.


    Apart from the great English clubs, Southampton has also entered the race to recruit the Lion of the Atlas. Club officials apparently have indeed made an offer of 30 million euros to the Lille directors.

    If we follow this logic, Sofiane Boufal should sign for Southampton, who look to overcome the departure of the Senegalese international, Sadio Mané, sold to Liverpool only a few days ago, for 36 million euros. A recruitment that had also ruled out Boufal to join the Reds.
    A better translation of the article

  26. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    A better translation of the article
    Thanks Grapefruit.

    Another Translation: We MIGHT get him if none of the rumoured big clubs bid!

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    P-Tr boundary
    Posts
    3,605

    Default

    Smells like the Rojo deal

  28. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic View Post
    Smells like the Rojo deal
    On that occaision it worked out well since Rojo ended up being a poor signing for Man U.

  29. #29

    Default

    Even if we don't get him, if its true we made such a bid its positive we've allocated such a large amount to replacing Sadio Mane and we look elsewhere with that cash.

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,397
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tajjuk View Post
    All looks promising, though Ramirez was about the same age, he had also just had a good season in Serie A and had a good youtube vid.
    Gaston was only 21 when he signed, this guy is nearly 23.

  31. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    Even if we don't get him, if its true we made such a bid its positive we've allocated such a large amount to replacing Sadio Mane and we look elsewhere with that cash.
    This is true, MLG. I'm still surprised we'd make that sort of outlay (surprised, not disappointed).

    He certainly looks the part. I'm used to us making £25m players, not buying them

  32. #32

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kingsland, Block34
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VectisSaint View Post
    Gaston was only 21 when he signed, this guy is nearly 23.

    21 and how many months?
    22 and how many months?

    So maybe a year's difference and a bit?

    you being a tad disengenuous there VS

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the tattooists where the pain is exquisite...
    Posts
    3,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VectisSaint View Post
    Gaston was only 21 when he signed, this guy is nearly 23.
    22 then?

  34. #34

    Default

    Any player who has the nickname 'Lion of the Atlas' is ok by me

  35. #35

    Default

    Not a chance.
    Stupid agent has leaked it to get more interest and bigger wages.

  36. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic View Post
    looks good. for 30 mil we may as well have kept Mane though.

    ed/ ah, Euro
    The way the pounds going post Brexit won't be much difference by the time we come to pay

  37. Default

    Ed Aarons ‏@ed_aarons 1m1 minute ago Camberwell, London
    Told that rumours of 30m euro bid from Southampton for Sofiane #Boufal are premature although club is interested in Lille forward #saintsfc
    Seems talk of a bid is premature.

    another update from get football france:

    http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com...ofiane-boufal/

    No bid, but one could be made by the end of the week.
    Last edited by Bewildered; 05-07-2016 at 04:02 PM.

  38. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bewildered View Post
    Seems talk of a bid is premature.

    another update from get football france:

    http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com...ofiane-boufal/

    No bid, but one could be made by the end of the week.
    That's better!

  39. #39

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    27,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Presume also that it would eb 2 years vs 5 years (which now seems the norm).
    I assume you hope this is just paper talk and will never become reality

  40. #40

    Default

    Not buying that we made a bid that high for one player. Doubt we would pay over 20 for one player

  41. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bewildered View Post
    Seems talk of a bid is premature.

    another update from get football france:

    http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com...ofiane-boufal/

    No bid, but one could be made by the end of the week.
    Good link about Puel at the bottom of that link

  42. Default

    Repeat after me, "I must not get carried away with a youtube video!".

  43. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Billy View Post
    Repeat after me, "I must not get carried away with a youtube video!".
    I must not get carried away with a youtube video!
    I must not get carried away with a youtube video!
    I must not get carried away with a youtube video!
    I must not get carried away with a youtube video!
    I must not get carried away with a youtube video!
    I must not get carried away with a youtube video!

    OHMYFARKINGGODHESAMAZINGSIGNHIMNAOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  44. #44

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ringwood, Hampshire
    Posts
    332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchards View Post
    Not a chance.
    Stupid agent has leaked it to get more interest and bigger wages.
    Translated as - Bloke doing his job is trying to get the best deal possible for his client. Unfortunately the football business 2016...

  45. #45

    Default

    who?

  46. #46

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Double Deuce
    Posts
    6,991

    Default

    Am I missing something here?

    All he looks to me is someone that can do step-overs and fall over a lot. Can't pass, can't cross. Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

    That money would be better spent on Ox.

  47. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Garrett View Post
    Am I missing something here?

    All he looks to me is someone that can do step-overs and fall over a lot. Can't pass, can't cross. Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

    That money would be better spent on Ox.
    You got all that from one YouTube video? Impressive.

  48. #48

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cusp of a wave
    Posts
    18,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Garrett View Post
    Am I missing something here?

    All he looks to me is someone that can do step-overs and fall over a lot. Can't pass, can't cross. Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

    That money would be better spent on Ox.

    Yep - based on that vid lots of tricks and no end product.

  49. #49

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denmead
    Posts
    1,606

    Default

    No chance.

  50. #50

    Default

    Would be amazed if we managed to get Boufal. He's a better player than Mane. Could be like a Payet to us.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •