Sofiane Boufal

Matthew Le God

• 3 weeks later...
That WBA goal gave us a glimpse of what he is capable of when he runs and takes on players. Why he doesn't do it more often when given the chance really confuses and annoys me.

Because he is a useless showpony with a sh*t attitude who’s only contribution is fancy skills and running at people. Once a season or so a hilarious defender like Nyom will get involved, tackle his own team mate and Sofie-Anne will score a worldy. The rest of the season he just goes missing and throws a diva strop.

Any idea then Monk whether this situation can be sorted out as I want to see Sofiane back in the fold for Saturday.

You are taking the ****. The bloke allegedly refuses to warm up, that’s basically refusing to do his job, and you want to see him back. As some of us have said time and time again, the blokes a complete waste of time and money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Because he is a useless showpony with a sh*t attitude who’s only contribution is fancy skills and running at people. Once a season or so a hilarious defender like Nyom will get involved, tackle his own team mate and Sofie-Anne will score a worldy. The rest of the season he just goes missing and throws a diva strop.

pretty much this.

Thought Redmond was the Mane replacement? Its all very confusing.

Doesn't matter I suppose as all replacements have been poor or lesser standard.

Amazing that its actually cost us money - criminal almost

He was, The9 told us so and he was perfectly ‘fine’ with it

Another one to be filed under “shocking waste of money” that we have accumulated since being back in the premier league. In fairness to the club on this one I think he was very much Puel’s signing just as Osvaldo was Pochettino and Carillo was Pellegrino, we might as well have not bothered and just donated the VVD money to charity instead.

Let’s hope that WBA “wonder goal” is enough to persuade Leicester to buy him as a Mahrez replacement

Another one to be filed under “shocking waste of money” that we have accumulated since being back in the premier league. In fairness to the club on this one I think he was very much Puel’s signing just as Osvaldo was Pochettino and Carillo was Pellegrino, we might as well have not bothered and just donated the VVD money to charity instead.

Let’s hope that WBA “wonder goal” is enough to persuade Leicester to buy him as a Mahrez replacement

Boufal wasn't Puel's signing. Boufal was identified and approached by the club before Puel joined - indeed Boufal thought he was signing for Koeman.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/2946170/sofiane-boufal-would-have-joined-psg-if-laurent-blanc-had-stayed-agent

Where has his reputation for a trouble maker come from?

Seen him labelled as a bad boy a few times, but not seen any specifics to explain why?

From what I understand, I think that the reputation is made up in your head.

Issues...

Couldn't really give a sh1t what a forum a team that has no affiliation with the player has to say. They will be completely wrong.

When your 5 minute research beats the "black box"

Yet another 'I wish I was wrong but........'

Redmond is unironically better anyway, despite the amount of ****e he gets from fans. Can anyone ever see Boufal scoring 7 in a season?

He is probably third in our all time list of worst ever value for money signings right now after Carillo and Osvaldo. Lemina is quickly getting drawn in to this list too, more because of attitude rather than ability.

Boufal is another classic example of a player only interested in himself, no team ethic whatsoever. Unfortunately not surprised it has come to this. He clearly has some talent but nowhere near as much as he thinks he does. I expect him to fade away from top level football over the next couple of seasons.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Yep - definitely worse signing that Gaston, Gaston was actually pretty good in that first season under Adkins / Pochettino. Boufal has huge talent but doesn't want to be there and has bugger all end product.

Another huge waste of money alongside these...including Boufal thats about £145m largely wasted.

Carrillo (£19m)

Hoedt (£15m)

Lemina (£18m)

Gabbiadini (£15m)

Clasie (£8m)

Juanmi (£6m)

Austin (£5m)

Martina (£2m)

Gardos (£6m)

Forren (£4m)

Osvaldo (£15m)

Mayuka (£4m)

Ramirez (£12m)

Boufal is another classic example of a player only interested in himself, no team ethic whatsoever. Unfortunately not surprised it has come to this. He clearly has some talent but nowhere near as much as he thinks he does. I expect him to fade away from top level football over the next couple of seasons.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

He ll go to Italy or Spain and absolutely boss it.

Yep - definitely worse signing that Gaston, Gaston was actually pretty good in that first season under Adkins / Pochettino. Boufal has huge talent but doesn't want to be there and has bugger all end product.

Another huge waste of money alongside these...including Boufal thats about £145m largely wasted.

Carrillo (£19m)

Hoedt (£15m)

Lemina (£18m)

Gabbiadini (£15m)

Clasie (£8m)

Juanmi (£6m)

Austin (£5m)

Martina (£2m)

Gardos (£6m)

Forren (£4m)

Osvaldo (£15m)

Mayuka (£4m)

Ramirez (£12m)

It's "The Southampton Way".....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

He ll go to Italy or Spain and absolutely boss it.

Doesn't really help us though does it? It does seem a bit if a cliche but some players do seem to be better suited to certain leagues.

Maybe Boufal will rip up the Spanish league but he clearly struggles with the PL which then again puts our recruitment policy in a very poor light

Carrillo (£19m)

Hoedt (£15m)

Lemina (£18m)

Gabbiadini (£15m)

Clasie (£8m)

Juanmi (£6m)

Austin (£5m)

Martina (£2m)

Gardos (£6m)

Forren (£4m)

Osvaldo (£15m)

Mayuka (£4m)

Ramirez (£12m)

Those two are a bit harsh... £5m for 14 goals isn't too bad! £2m for a player who played a fair bit certainly isn't a waste either.

1. The players dont create their price tag

2. I would say due to the management philosophy change of possession based football (this could be a result of mangers preference or what our football directors got as resources) that our set up and style has been that we have not got the best out of Gabbi/Boufal/Redmond/Tadic hell I bet even messi would struggle to score for us.

3. Boufal should of started a few games based on the fact that we need goals and he can commit people and open up chances, it feels like mark hughes has gone for the workman like option (aka the tony pulis method) from our playing pool to hopefully churn out a result

4. I am at peace with us being relegated now, I expect no comeback as out decisions over the course of this season especially have not deserved anything more.

Carrillo (£19m)

Hoedt (£15m)

Lemina (£18m)

Gabbiadini (£15m)

Clasie (£8m)

Juanmi (£6m)

Austin (£5m)

Martina (£2m)

Gardos (£6m)

Forren (£4m)

Osvaldo (£15m)

Mayuka (£4m)

Ramirez (£12m)

Although I would agree with most of that (I would exempt Austin from criticism and I think that Gabbadini has been mis-managed) I think that it ought to be put into perspective. Most other teams have spent big money on disastrous signings including some of the managers that are regarded as 'legends'.

Carrillo (£19m)

Hoedt (£15m)

Lemina (£18m)

Gabbiadini (£15m)

Clasie (£8m)

Juanmi (£6m)

Austin (£5m)

Martina (£2m)

Gardos (£6m)

Forren (£4m)

Osvaldo (£15m)

Mayuka (£4m)

Ramirez (£12m)

Plus agents fees, signing on fee etc. Scary bit is that we'll still owe millions next season on many of them, and stuck with huge salaries on them. Chances are we'll pay agents millions to move them on, more millions to negotiate their release from excessive contracts and in reality lose money from getting rid. That, or keeping hold of disinterested expensive players as per Sunderland, is the reality of relegation.

just think we could have signed Hakim Ziyech for about £8 million and Sebasatian Haller for roughly the same price. Those kind of players at roughly that kind of price are worth taking a risk on - same with Pione Sisto.

Overpaying for players like Boufal at £16 million (and injured at the time) and Carillo at £19 million is just ridiculous - they are not worth the risk.

just think we could have signed Hakim Ziyech for about £8 million and Sebasatian Haller for roughly the same price. Those kind of players at roughly that kind of price are worth taking a risk on - same with Pione Sisto.

Overpaying for players like Boufal at £16 million (and injured at the time) and Carillo at £19 million is just ridiculous - they are not worth the risk.

To be fair Boufal was/is a good player, although he's been poor for us. Carrillo though is shocking, not one good attribute and our worst ever transfer decision in my opinion.

To be fair Boufal was/is a good player, although he's been poor for us. Carrillo though is shocking, not one good attribute and our worst ever transfer decision in my opinion.

The required defensive contribution is just too much for the likes of Boufal. He's a flair player not a work horse. Can't help thinking that if our defence was better we'd get more out of the likes of Boufal and Redmond. As it is we're having to play at least 2 hard man DM/CMs and 3 at times.

For 14 goals over 2.5 seasons...

I'm not saying it's a great return, but the post I replied to was including him (also, I thought it was £4m) alongside Juanmi, Gardos, Forren & Mayuka.

For £4m, I'm not sure 14 goals (however long the period) is an obvious 'waste' of money when you look at some of the others. Hence why I also mentioned Martina.

Plus agents fees, signing on fee etc. Scary bit is that we'll still owe millions next season on many of them, and stuck with huge salaries on them. Chances are we'll pay agents millions to move them on, more millions to negotiate their release from excessive contracts and in reality lose money from getting rid. That, or keeping hold of disinterested expensive players as per Sunderland, is the reality of relegation.

Although true, I'm pretty sure it works both ways and given we've sold more than we've spent we're probably owed more than we owe.

Carrillo (£19m)

Hoedt (£15m)

Lemina (£18m)

Gabbiadini (£15m)

Clasie (£8m)

Juanmi (£6m)

Austin (£5m)

Martina (£2m)

Gardos (£6m)

Forren (£4m)

Osvaldo (£15m)

Mayuka (£4m)

Ramirez (£12m)

"Where has all the money gone?" LOL.

That list goes a long way to explaining our fall from grace.

In terms of value, maybe you need to add on the total wages paid to present a real (and even more horrific) picture. 2.5 years of Austin on a circa £80k a week added to his £5m transfer fee totals somewhere around £15.5m. Those 14 goals haven't come cheap.

If Boufal is on £60k a week (I wouldn't be surprised if it was more), that's another £6.24m in wages over the two years to add to the £16m transfer fee. Eye watering figures for a player that was injured when we brought him here (why we did not wait until January I will never know)

I agree 100%. Boufal has bags of talent.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Talent with what looks to be a very selfish mentality and no team ethic. Top 6 / top 8 squads can afford this. With our defence we simply cannot afford such a lazy player.

Dismal signing, all considered.

Loads of ability but not suited to the PL, lacks a burst of pace or the desire to get away from someone and just far too inconsistent.

Massive disappointment and terrible Mane replacement.

I've said it since the first time I saw him play for us, he is a 5aside player, just full of flicks and attempted tricks that are high risk and often done in the wrong areas. He has no place in any Premier league football team.