Cedric Signs New Contract!

SuperSAINT

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC

We're delighted to announce @OficialCedric has signed a new four-year contract with #SaintsFC!

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160826-cedric-new-contract-southampton-announcement-3273802.aspx

Would like to have seen a bit more from him before giving him a new deal, though I guess the flip side is that if he has a great season and we haven't tied him down, we become a bit vulnerable.

Disgusted. How can we reward him for the crap performances he puts in most of the time. With the likes of Cedric I can't see the ambition or us even progressing. Add to that Yoshida covering for left and right back, crocked purchases and the slow Academy development, things are looking far from rosy.

Dammit you just beat me ;)

Sorry mate. I checked a couple of times before I posted too.

Would like to have seen a bit more from him before giving him a new deal, though I guess the flip side is that if he has a great season and we haven't tied him down, we become a bit vulnerable.

Agree. Lets see what Puel can get out of him though. I believe he has the tools.

Disgusted. How can we reward him for the crap performances he puts in most of the time. With the likes of Cedric I can't see the ambition or us even progressing. Add to that Yoshida covering for left and right back, crocked purchases and the slow Academy development, things are looking far from rosy.

Really?

You pillock, Cedric is a fantastic player who will be a stalwart of our team in future. After the Euro 16 no doubt he had lots of decent offers but he prefers to stay here as part of our family unlike may of the recent departees whom you seemed to have admired

Maybe he knows somehing we don't (officially).

Cedric was influenced by Jose Fonte to come to Saints, and can't think he'd sign for longer time if he didn't think / know that Jose is definitely staying on.

Claude Puel hinted at it in his interview, but nothing confirmed offically on the OS ....yet.

Exactly my first thought when the news was announced.

You can take it as read, that Fonte is 99% staying.

Cedric was delayed because of the Fonte situation.

What does that mean? Suggests that Cedric would not sign until he knew Fonte was definitely staying yet has now signed even though he does not know that Fonte is definitely staying.

AR-10 certainly appears to have the info and the fact that you have clueless posters taking the mick, simply proves the point!

All interesting stuff and this is not exactly the stuff of life and death and the hysteria on here is quite amusing.....if very sad.

Glad Cedric has extended...but being a Euro winner and highly thought of in the game obviously doesn't fit with the 'experts' on this forum.

AR-10 certainly appears to have the info and the fact that you have clueless posters taking the mick, simply proves the point!

All interesting stuff and this is not exactly the stuff of life and death and the hysteria on here is quite amusing.....if very sad.

Glad Cedric has extended...but being a Euro winner and highly thought of in the game obviously doesn't fit with the 'experts' on this forum.

1) So how exactly does "clueless posters taking the mick" prove that AR10 has all the info ?

2) In what way is simply questioning AR10's statement 'very sad' or a sign of "hysteria" ?

3) By "experts on this forum" do you mean anyone with a different opinion to yourself ?

... and for the record, I'm glad Cedric has extended his contract as I really rate him. I also tend to believe AR10's ITK credentials but sometimes wonder if he gets a bit carried away by the role and passes off assumptions as facts.

I do however, agree that this isn't the "stuff of life and death" but with the caveat that it does feel like it sometimes !!

Happy to see another one tied down to a long term contract. Still a bit dubious as to his defending qualities, feel he may perform better as a wing back as opposed to full back, a bit like Danny Fox, good going forward but no so much backwards. Hopefully he'll step up this season and fulfill the promise he's shown.

An utterly bizarre rant.

Take some Imodium, pal - you chat so much shït.

Edited by shurlock

Happy to see another one tied down to a long term contract. Still a bit dubious as to his defending qualities, feel he may perform better as a wing back as opposed to full back, a bit like Danny Fox, good going forward but no so much backwards. Hopefully he'll step up this season and fulfill the promise he's shown.

Hadn't thought of it before but I agree, he is very like Danny Fox but with a bit more quality on the ball

You pillock, Cedric is a fantastic player who will be a stalwart of our team in future. After the Euro 16 no doubt he had lots of decent offers but he prefers to stay here as part of our family unlike may of the recent departees whom you seemed to have admired

:lol:

A half decent offer from a big club and he'd be out the door in a flash, same as anyone else.