Ditch the diamond

simo

There's probably already another thread on this but our system is shocking , no pressing at all ,players looking lost and far too much space in midfield ! I was prepared to give it a chance but I can't anymore its gotta go !

It seems way too easy to blame a tactic, when more than anything it seems that we lack sharpness and are a bit rusty. We also lack a bit of star quality/xfactor in the attack, which the club are closed to addressing.

Way too early to ditch anything or reinvent anything.

There's probably already another thread on this but our system is shocking , no pressing at all ,players looking lost and far too much space in midfield ! I was prepared to give it a chance but I can't anymore its gotta go !

Thank you for your patience

The players look fed up and then there was VVD's interview on Solent. Needs a clear the air talk - and quickly

You can't polish a turd and I don't believe we can make this diamond sparkle. it's clear that the players do not buy into it - if in doubt watch VVDs interview after today's tepid affair. Last season Saints gave the impression that they could give any team a run for their money and beat most of them and so it proved. I fear this is going to be a season where we wonder where the next win is coming from and we go into matches not expecting wins. It is evident that confidence is not high and we look beaten almost before we kick off. Where are the smiles, the swagger and the team spirit?

You can't polish a turd and I don't believe we can make this diamond sparkle. it's clear that the players do not buy into it - if in doubt watch VVDs interview after today's tepid affair. Last season Saints gave the impression that they could give any team a run for their money and beat most of them and so it proved. I fear this is going to be a season where we wonder where the next win is coming from and we go into matches not expecting wins. It is evident that confidence is not high and we look beaten almost before we kick off. Where are the smiles, the swagger and the team spirit?

You mean like Sunderland at home, pal.