Puel

9-3

If those players pull a performance out of the bag at Wembley that would be a big indication, I think, that they aren't playing for this manager and therefore he will have to go !

Why? Will he not be the manager at Wembley?

Puel's clearly got a job on his hands, and if he can't get the team hitting its potential over the rest of the season then we may have to pull the plug. But what's important, as we learnt the hard way in January, is that we have a replacement and don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Even poor old Dave Merrington on Solent is getting really exasperated with Puel, he's not alone. All this talk about trying Bertrand at Centre Back. Today would have been a good test so dies it happen ? Does it **** !

You're annoyed at Puel because he hasn't started playing players OUT of position?!?!? Strewth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're annoyed at Puel because he hasn't started playing players OUT of position?!?!? Strewth.

No I am annoyed at Puel and Reed for much worse than that. I am referring to the fact the manager spoke about playing Bertrand at CB as a possibility and then he doesn't bother to do it, so why talk about it ? Today would have been ideal with West Ham playing a big CF as Man Utd do. It worked out last year, even Puel referred to that, and playing Mc Queen at left back wouldn't have hurt us offensively either !

Over 90% of the football we have had to suffer this season has been boring which matches the boring monotone sound of our boring managers voice, Claude you style of play is shyte time for you and your coaching team to move on and take that failed manager Reed with you who's only claim to fame is getting Charlton relegated.

Over 90% of the football we have had to suffer this season has been boring which matches the boring monotone sound of our boring managers voice, Claude you style of play is shyte time for you and your coaching team to move on and take that failed manager Reed with you who's only claim to fame is getting Charlton relegated.

I think his bigger claim to fame is helping take Southampton from League One to Europe, personally.

No I am annoyed at Puel and Reed for much worse than that. I am referring to the fact the manager spoke about playing Bertrand at CB as a possibility and then he doesn't bother to do it, so why talk about it ? Today would have been ideal with West Ham playing a big CF as Man Utd do. It worked out last year, even Puel referred to that, and playing Mc Queen at left back wouldn't have hurt us offensively either !

Is playing the 5ft10 Ryan Bertrand over the 6ft Jack Stephens really ideal because the opposition put a big man up top? Not from where I'm sitting. I didn't watch the press conference (I never watch Puel, otherwise I'd end up moaning about him being boring) but if he preferred Bertrand to Stephens he'd have already made that change. It seemed to me he saw Bertrand as a back-up if Stephens or Yoshida get injured too.

Edited by DuncanRG

Dont forget assistant at Bishop's Stortford. P19 W2 D3 L14

Also interesting with managers and players moving on in droves, its almost impossible to find anyone with positive word about Les? Coincidence?

Don't get me wrong our run of form has been disappointing. But if we get away from the emotion of it all and look at it pragmatically then Puel could be the best thing for this club as he gives our academy players a chance and promotes them as well as doing well in the cups as well as being a manager for the long term.

If I was les reed, I would let Puel go back to the diamond for the next couple of games and the cup final and see how that goes. If not then I would consider replacing him.

I do think we pass the ball well but we don't dominate games like we should. Feel sorry for Puel as I don't think he's had it easy and this may be a case of a few factors that has led to this form rather than him being a bad manager.

Relegation has become a worry for the first time in years but I'm sure Les Reed knows what he's doing we and have to trust the club and give them a chance to turn this around.

I'm not.

I feel sorry for him, he's been royally ****ed over by Reed and the board.

Agreed.

The evidence in the case against Puel is accumulating and becoming incontrovertible:

1. Craven capitulation in the Europa League

2. Shocking and inexorably deteriorating league form

3. impotent attacking threat

4. turgid, negative football

5. gratuitous rotations and puzzling selections, guaranteed to alienate and demotivate players

6. almost every player's game, intensity and overall form has worsened under his tenure

7. threw the FA Cup

8. players strongly rumoured to want to leave and some already have

Mitigation:

1) League Cup Final. Beat a series of distracted reserve sides. It is a cinderella cup, the truth be told.

2) Reed screwed up the summer and Jan. But Puel could suck the life out of Ronaldo, Bale, Neymar and Messi.

Verdict: Failure

Sentence: Sack

Edited by adrian lord

The evidence in the case against Puel is accumulating and becoming incontrovertible:

5. gratuitous rotations and puzzling selections, guaranteed to alienate and demotivate players

6. almost every player's game, intensity and overall form has worsened under his tenure

7. threw the FA Cup

Mitigation:

1) League Cup Final. Beat a series of distracted reserve sides. It is a cinderella cup, the truth be told.

2) Reed screwed up the summer and Jan. But Puel could suck the life out of Ronaldo, Bale, Neymar and Messi.

Totally agree. The football has been ****e and he has to go now as results have gone down hill too.

7. threw the FA Cup

Mitigation:

Agree with most of the above, to be honest I can't really comment on point 8 but I wouldn't be surprised if true.

We can quote stats all day, but ultimately its results and points that count and we need points. I think we need a change but that is easier said then done - who is available, and would they be interested?

On the way back from the game. Maybe Puel should take responsibility for playing JRod who was inept, but he also threw Gabbiadini in who was excellent. Ultimately it wasn't tactics or style why we lost today. West Ham barely had an attack and yet we conceded three goals. What is Puel meant to do about the fact a team doesn't need more than a half chance to score against us?

Don't think it helped though. First half we looked content to sit back and defend, and hit West Ham on the break. We were almost trying to play as an away team. Ok against Liverpool at home in the league when they were on form, but this was West Ham for Christ sake.

Look at Hull. Silva is turning them around.

Get puel out

Silva has had the benefit of his club being able to bring players in, and as we know we have been rather slack in that department, Gabbiadini aside.

7. threw the FA Cup

Mitigation:

Get him out now - he's ruining our club.

My opinion on Puel has changed over time. I did not jump on his appointment at the beginning, thought it best that he get a chance no matter how underwhelming he seemed at the time. I liked the rotation, since it seemed like the best way to handle the fixture congestion. I have also enjoyed seeing young players like Sims get a chance. This season, he's had bad luck with key injuries and even worse he has had to deal with Uncle Les' unfathomable decision not to bring in a replacement for Fonte, having sold him.

Well, Saints supposedly have a list of options for all positions including manager. If we lose to Sunderland next week that would be 7 losses from 8 league games. Surely no-one could survive that. There's then a 15 day window until the next match at Wembley, which would seem like a decent opportunity to appoint a new manager and give him time to work with the squad.

This was a "too clever by half" appointment by Les. Yes Puel ticked all the boxes including youth development and European experience, and he is supposedly a training ground coach, and he likes the same system that the club supposedly likes, and he does not complain publicly about the club's parsimonious, business-like transfer policy. Surely the best option was the best manager available, not the one who met all the club's various criteria. There were some good names in the mix last summer, but I suppose we'll never know if they were truly contenders.

He's got to go, should've gone before the Leicester game but the win against them gave him a brief reprieve.

If we don't sack him soon I honestly believe we could get relegated, at the very least we'll be in the mix. Desperately need to get some wins before the end of February.

He's got to go, should've gone before the Leicester game but the win against them gave him a brief reprieve.

If we don't sack him soon I honestly believe we could get relegated, at the very least we'll be in the mix. Desperately need to get some wins before the end of February.

I'm confident we won't go down. There are some really poor teams in this league and we only need a few wins.

I knew after watching us struggle at home to Sunderland that Puel was ****, and nothing has changed my opinion. He should go whenever his replacement becomes available.

Reed and Wilson have a big summer coming up, after Reed claimed we had the best midfield options in the league he will now have to get rid of half of them if we want to progress. I doubt that will happen

Long scored a couple of goals lately....Bench

Boufal looked world class in the 10 position.....stuck wide

Some described puel's selection as 'going for it'......with JwP and Davis in the middle of the park...at home...against West ham....that is 'going for it'?

Puel is a shambles ffs. Said it after a few games into the season and nothing has changed. He got lucky when he FINALLY put Austin into the side early on....even then, he made Austin drift wide from the goal and play left wing but we picked up a few wins with him scoring most of the goals

Puel's comments about Redmond were quite frankly, bizarre and alarm bells should have started ringing then.

Look at the state of some of our better players....Forster, Bertrand...even Hoijberg looked very good at the start of the season, having just arrived from Bayern ****ing Munich......look at the mess he is now. Dread to think what state Gabbi will be in come easter.

Also, who expects Gabbi to be 'rotated' out of the side soon?

He should have been sacked ages ago, but defeat to Sunderland next week? feck me!

Just hope for our sake that Austin is back soon.

I cannot stand this manager. so wrong for us in so many ways.

Edited by Batman

You guys really are comedy.

In the Summer when we were linked with Silva he wasn't good enough, his CV wasn't of the quality of others, and then 5 games in Hull and everyone's clamoring for him.

We then have people complaining about the football under Puel as being boring in one breath, and then wanting Mancini in with the next.

Honestly, so many of you are just ****ing morons of the highest order. I suggest you give up and start doing something different, rather than make yourself look like ****ing idiots on the internet.

This was a "too clever by half" appointment by Les. Yes Puel ticked all the boxes including youth development and European experience, and he is supposedly a training ground coach, and he likes the same system that the club supposedly likes, and he does not complain publicly about the club's parsimonious, business-like transfer policy. Surely the best option was the best manager available, not the one who met all the club's various criteria. There were some good names in the mix last summer, but I suppose we'll never know if they were truly contenders.

Good points. Puel was a tick-box appointment.

I've interviewed and appointed loads of people over the years, and once in a blue moon you offer the job to someone who's got a good CV and meets the person-spec, yet the split second afteryou offer and they accept , you get hit by that dreadful nagging doubt and what-have I-done feeling in the pit of your stomach. I'm sure if he's honest Les Reed had the same thing with Puel.

Edited by adrian lord

In the Summer when we were linked with Silva he wasn't good enough, his CV wasn't of the quality of others, and then 5 games in Hull and everyone's clamoring for him.

We then have people complaining about the football under Puel as being boring in one breath, and then wanting Mancini in with the next.

Honestly, so many of you are just ****ing morons of the highest order. I suggest you give up and start doing something different, rather than make yourself look like ****ing idiots on the internet.

:lol: but spot on

Silva has shown himself to be more of a manager in 5 games that Puel has all season !

In fairness there were posters like Crab Lungs who were clamouring for Silva then as he is now. Silva had a mixed reaction then, it's forum mythology to pretend he was dismissed out of hand. He had a similar mixed response to his potential appointment to, for example, Claude Puel.

I'm probably what would be classed as a happy clapper, I always try and see the positives rather than the negatives and I voted Puel in in both polls, but for me yesterday was the last straw.

Yes he hasn't been dealt a great hand by Les regarding the CB situation, but that is in no way responsible for his constant baffling team selections and the ridiculously negative tactics and style of football. I lost count of the number of times we broke forward yesterday and the man in possession had absolutely no support either in front of him or anywhere near him. It's like we are set up to suck all the enthusiasm and excitement out of the game and just hope for a goal somehow, there genuinely seems to be no game plan other than to slow down the play at every opportunity. I have no problem with losing if we are at least giving it a go, but his refusal to play more than 3 attack minded players at any one time, even at home to lower half teams says it all about his mentality. As soon as we went behind yesterday I think very few people believed we had a chance of getting back in it. We have become absolutely hideous to watch and it's even making me consider whether I want to renew my ST, I am fed up with being bored to death every other week. The worrying thing is we seem to be getting worse as well. Being extremely dull and losing is the worst combination.

Imo the cup final, whilst great, is massively papering over the cracks. He seems like a nice guy but this can't go on for much longer.

In fairness there were posters like Crab Lungs who were clamouring for Silva then as he is now. Silva had a mixed reaction then, it's forum mythology to pretend he was dismissed out of hand. He had a similar mixed response to his potential appointment to, for example, Claude Puel.

Some did, I agree, but many others didn't. It's the fickleness of fans that annoys me more than anything else.