Puel

9-3

I do not think the players are really behind the manager/set up.

obvious disaffection and they only seem to up for it for the more interesting games

you watch them put in a performance at Anfield but be pretty crap for at least an hour against Leicester at the weekend

I do not think the players are really behind the manager/set up.

obvious disaffection and they only seem to up for it for the more interesting games

you watch them put in a performance at Anfield but be pretty crap for at least an hour against Leicester at the weekend

Or kat and les actually want some more silverware in the cabinet (no doubt to sell ffs)

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

How in F@@cks name does puel not realize that the best performers in our team vvd and romeu are doing so well due to playing regularly and not being dropped after every frigging game. If jrod was playing as regularly as those two, I bet my balls he'd have scored 10+ goals by now. But noooo he gets dropped after each good performance. Why the F@ck?! Jeez he actually does seem clueless, does puel.

Seems to be some suggestions from ITKs that the rotation policy is lead by Reed/management.

Take a look at Puels team selections at Nice and Lyon - shows no history of this manic changes game to game.

Does make you wonder why he would suddenly become a manager obsessed with 6-7 changes per game?

Seems to be some suggestions from ITKs that the rotation policy is lead by Reed/management.

Take a look at Puels team selections at Nice and Lyon - shows no history of this manic changes game to game.

Does make you wonder why he would suddenly become a manager obsessed with 6-7 changes per game?

Les Reed's Yo! Sushi strategy pal?

A very interesting point. From boutique shop window to Argos. Goose fattening perhaps...

How in F@@cks name does puel not realize that the best performers in our team vvd and romeu are doing so well due to playing regularly and not being dropped after every frigging game. If jrod was playing as regularly as those two, I bet my balls he'd have scored 10+ goals by now. But noooo he gets dropped after each good performance. Why the F@ck?! Jeez he actually does seem clueless, does puel.

Sports Science innit....good old fashioned picking your best XI week in week out has fallen foul of whatever the GPS, Blood Counts and HRMs say. Van Gaal spoke of it last season, said he knew who should play but sometimes he was restrained from playing " Red Zone" players.

What i do believe is that we are under performing in the league for the amount of quality players we have at our disposal. Doesnt take a genius to realise that

And which quality players would those be then? We have 2 or 3 players of exceptional quality of which Forster is not playing well,the rest are mediocre. When you buy players for 10 and 12 million in today's market that's what you get, 10-12 million £ quality.

And which quality players would those be then? We have 2 or 3 players of exceptional quality of which Forster is not playing well,the rest are mediocre. When you buy players for 10 and 12 million in today's market that's what you get, 10-12 million £ quality.

Who mentioned exceptional quality? VVD, Bertrand, Cedric, Romeu, Davis, Boufal, Austin are all players of top half prem quality imo. Look at West Brom who are performing better than us, who also havent spent the money we have. Just shows what Pulis is getting out of his players compared to Puel

Who mentioned exceptional quality? VVD, Bertrand, Cedric, Romeu, Davis, Boufal, Austin are all players of top half prem quality imo. Look at West Brom who are performing better than us, who also havent spent the money we have. Just shows what Pulis is getting out of his players compared to Puel

Agreed bar Austin who is far from being top half prem quality. West Brom have actually made a loss of approx 10mil on transfers so far this season, so technically they have invested more into their squad than we have. They also didn't loose any major players or a manager...

We won tonight, rested a number of key players, and didn't pick up any suspensions or injuries. Give Puel a night off.

Appreciate we rested players and that was far from the team that'll start on Sunday, but still same negative boring football. Who's fault is that?

Massive questions tonight for me. Just a load of unimaginative, sleep indulging dross. This was a poor Norwich side without a load of their key players and we just played in front of them, we didn't try to penetrate, stretch it. What do these guys coach? What are we trying to achieve in terms of a style? Boring the pants off everyone? Death by football is pretty apt. right now. I usually look forward to games but I'm starting to feel it's just one big chore and I don't pay £600 odd quid for that.

That's what winds me up about puels many different teams we setup to play for a draw and anything else is a bonus instead of having the guts to play attacking football and go for the win, sure it may not always work but god it's got to better than this s h I t we are served up every week with a sprinkling of "importance & possiblities" on top!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Appreciate we rested players and that was far from the team that'll start on Sunday, but still same negative boring football. Who's fault is that?

Norwich City probably as they had no shots on target or corners

If you look at the BBC highlights the problem seems to be execution not tactics we had more shots than any other team that produced a result in 90 mins in this weeks replays

Norwich City probably as they had no shots on target or corners

If you look at the BBC highlights the problem seems to be execution not tactics we had more shots than any other team that produced a result in 90 mins in this weeks replays

Come off it mate.

It's pretty much the same story every week. How many different players have played this season? They all seem to struggle with 'execution of tactics'. Why's this... Is he not getting his point across? Do the players not like the tactics (the fans don't)? Are the tactics just really sh!t?

So they pass it sideways and backwards in midfield and defence do they?

No but they're hardly an option are they? Everytime the ball goes forward it comes back pretty quickly. I urge you to watch their game closesly. If the defence/midfield try to up the tempo, the ball is lost within 2-3 passes. They are not a threat. We've become easy to defend against because whichever one of those two play it's easy to nullify them. The midfield cant get close enough to them to become a threat because it's not being held up. We try to play our way through defences but it's difficult because defences drop deep knowing how little a threat Long and Rodriguez are. It's no surprise our biggest threat is down the wings from full backs or wingers taking players on because there is nothing threatening or imaginative about our strikers. If teams let the defence and deeper midfielders have the ball, they know they can keep a good shape and block off balls to Long/Rodriguez knowing if it does get to them they've hardly shown anything all season to be worried about. In fact the two times they have been good this season were recently against Bournemouth and Liverpool, not surprisingly two teams who came at us rather than sit back and not surprisingly two games we won.

The sideways and backward passing is because they are devoid of options. A winger like Mane would help, someone capable of darting between players quickly and I think we lack something there for sure but ultimately not having a striker capable of bringing others into the game or keeping up with quick tempo is a huge hindrance to us right now.

No but they're hardly an option are they? Everytime the ball goes forward it comes back pretty quickly. I urge you to watch their game closesly. If the defence/midfield try to up the tempo, the ball is lost within 2-3 passes. They are not a threat. We've become easy to defend against because whichever one of those two play it's easy to nullify them. The midfield cant get close enough to them to become a threat because it's not being held up. We try to play our way through defences but it's difficult because defences drop deep knowing how little a threat Long and Rodriguez are. It's no surprise our biggest threat is down the wings from full backs or wingers taking players on because there is nothing threatening or imaginative about our strikers. If teams let the defence and deeper midfielders have the ball, they know they can keep a good shape and block off balls to Long/Rodriguez knowing if it does get to them they've hardly shown anything all season to be worried about. In fact the two times they have been good this season were recently against Bournemouth and Liverpool, not surprisingly two teams who came at us rather than sit back and not surprisingly two games we won.

The sideways and backward passing is because they are devoid of options. A winger like Mane would help, someone capable of darting between players quickly and I think we lack something there for sure but ultimately not having a striker capable of bringing others into the game or keeping up with quick tempo is a huge hindrance to us right now.

The backways/sideways passing has really come about through a lack of confidence (it's easier to play it safe rather than take a gamble with a pass forward) and general imagination in the middle of the park, you'll notice that the gap between the front and the midfield is often too big. That comes about because the game is too slow through the middle and because the midfields are all pretty much the same sort of 'safe' type of player. This is why I've always thought that a proper attacking central midfielder is what we need, someone who can fill that gap between the midfield and the attack and has the imagination to spot the runs and the movement.

I think that would make more of a difference to us than a striker, although I wouldn't say no to a striker as well!

That's what winds me up about puels many different teams we setup to play for a draw and anything else is a bonus instead of having the guts to play attacking football and go for the win, sure it may not always work but god it's got to better than this s h I t we are served up every week with a sprinkling of "importance & possiblities" on top!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Come on mate, if having two thirds of the ball and nearly seven times as many shots is setting up for a draw I have no idea what you think setting up for a win is!

The backways/sideways passing has really come about through a lack of confidence (it's easier to play it safe rather than take a gamble with a pass forward) and general imagination in the middle of the park, you'll notice that the gap between the front and the midfield is often too big. That comes about because the game is too slow through the middle and because the midfields are all pretty much the same sort of 'safe' type of player. This is why I've always thought that a proper attacking central midfielder is what we need, someone who can fill that gap between the midfield and the attack and has the imagination to spot the runs and the movement.

I think that would make more of a difference to us than a striker, although I wouldn't say no to a striker as well!

Whilst I'd love an attacking midfielder, he wouldn't have anyone to play with. The lack of confidence yes, but I think it's a lack of confidence in the strikers personally. We get the ball wide, we don't cross it enough because the players dont have someone like Pelle to hit. The strikers routinely miss chances, good chances, have done all season, at some point the midfielders must get frustrated with that. Don't get me wrong, it's more than just a striker issue but someone to spearhead our attack with a presence, someone to drag defenders away, to occupy defenders, and someone clinical would be a huge asset. Right now the pressure is on the midfield and attacking midfielders to do it all and because they cant they lose confidence and start to play safe as you said. Boufal is a prime example, everytime he plays he's coming deep, getting the ball, looking up and has no option, so tries to beat a man too many. Tadic is a huge chance creator, one of the best in the league, but is getting worse every week becasue he's got no options. Redmond is so frustrating because he's trying too much.

Like I said, the games our strikers have actually performed in this season we've won. Get a striker who performs more consistently and we'll win more games. I agree about the lack of imagination in the central midfield though, it's an issue but one in which has been covered up slightly the past couple of years through having good strikers who mask it and going a little long ball last season and by passing them. A really good one would be great but for me a striker is the major issue, right now it's like playing with 10 men (9 tonight I imagine), we really really need a spearhead in the attack.

Come off it mate.

It's pretty much the same story every week. How many different players have played this season? They all seem to struggle with 'execution of tactics'. Why's this... Is he not getting his point across? Do the players not like the tactics (the fans don't)? Are the tactics just really sh!t?

So please explain how they are not executing the tactics if they have loads of shots at goal and miss nearly all of them.

Its not tactics it is players not being able to get the ball in the back of the net.

Against Spurs and WBA their strikers managed to score good goals especially that Phillips effort none of our players except for Boufal and Austin ever seem to show that bit extra and score a decent goal.

Even our winner to night was a bit of a **** up with poor execution

The winner at Burnley was also bad execution first the foul then the setup of the wall and then the poor attempt to stop the shot.

Similarly at Norwich giving a late goal away was poor with bad marking.

So please explain how they are not executing the tactics if they have loads of shots at goal and miss nearly all of them.

Its not tactics it is players not being able to get the ball in the back of the net.

Against Spurs and WBA their strikers managed to score good goals especially that Phillips effort none of our players except for Boufal and Austin ever seem to show that bit extra and score a decent goal.

Even our winner to night was a bit of a **** up with poor execution

The winner at Burnley was also bad execution first the foul then the setup of the wall and then the poor attempt to stop the shot.

Similarly at Norwich giving a late goal away was poor with bad marking.

Apologies, miss read your original post.

ultimately we've been sh!t in execution and tatics this year, other than a handful of games. Both of which I would put down to the manager.

The players are drained of confidence... if Puel can't install this, he needs to go and be replaced by someone who can.

As much as this dire football is draining the life out of me, You can't sack a man who has you a goal up heading into the second leg of a semi final of a major cup.

Lose Saturday and Wednesday and then that's a different story!

As much as this dire football is draining the life out of me, You can't sack a man who has you a goal up heading into the second leg of a semi final of a major cup.

Lose Saturday and Wednesday and then that's a different story!

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm fairly confident that I'll be saying the same next week.

Massive questions tonight for me. Just a load of unimaginative, sleep indulging dross. This was a poor Norwich side without a load of their key players and we just played in front of them, we didn't try to penetrate, stretch it. What do these guys coach? What are we trying to achieve in terms of a style? Boring the pants off everyone? Death by football is pretty apt. right now. I usually look forward to games but I'm starting to feel it's just one big chore and I don't pay £600 odd quid for that.

You paid £600 to watch the team you support. There's no guarantees that come with a season ticket stipulating what type of football we'll play or the results we'll get. It's like paying for a gig. It could be the best one of that band's tour, or one where they go through the motions before slipping quietly off stage to a smattering of applause.

At one point tonight I noticed just how many old people were sat near me. They've been through years of ups and downs, of scintillating performances and horrible defeats. But they are still there, supporting the team because that's what they do. And that's what we should all do.

Do you think we have gone forward..............????????

Finny that, I was thinking the same.

thats they key question, are we progressing? Of do we at least look like a team ready to progress?

It's difficult to say yes to either but I think that it would be suicide to change mid season. If it carries on like this, make sure we are safe and then make the change, so the new manager has a bit of time this season and all of the summer to prepare for the next.

You have to admit that it's not really happening and whilst I'm not a bed wetter, Puel is becomeinbg the worst manager since the pre Leibherr days.

I could understand Puels rotation policy if the first choice eleven were ripping up trees when they were selected , but they clearly aren't. Instead a bit of game time eith a settled 11 to build a bit of understanding might work. Reed has said Puel hasn't had time on the trsining ground to work on tactics, maybe less rotation would give him an opportunity to develop his ideas. If he had picked the side he wants to face Leicester last night it would have been the perfect training opportinity.

And had VvD & a couple of others had got injured you wouldn't have complained and blamed Puels, would you? Course not!!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

No, because the advantages of getting a team settled and playing regularly together (at this moment) outweighs any possible risk of injury.

A player can get injured on the training ground after all, and didn't Kelvin injury himself dropping a jar of peanut butter on his toe? !

And had VvD & a couple of others had got injured you wouldn't have complained and blamed Puels, would you? Course not!!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

You make it sound like we lose players to injuries picked up in games week in, week out. We don't. And we didn't in the seasons we weren't implementing a ridiculous rotation policy either.

I agree that Puel has been let down by the club a bit in the transfer market, but the rotation policy, formation and tactics are all down to him. He decided to come in and fundamentally change the way we play and approach games, and it isn't working. In fact we're doing worse now than the start of the season when the players were still 'learning'.

Give him the rest of the season but there has to be improvements.

And before Pamplemouse (??) jumps all over this with some pish comment about Swansea - getting rid of one manager after a year wouldn't be turning us into a club that sacks managers every two minutes. It would just be called admitting a mistake...!