Puel

9-3

This will be the same Everton that just sold John Stones, who was under contract until 2019, to Chelsea will it?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Yep and the same Everton that have held onto Baines, Lukaku, Barkley ect ect

Again it's back to football hierarchies and even United will lose a player of Real or Barcelona come knocking. But they don't actively operate a selling policy like us

P.s Stones went to Man City not Chelsea

Again it's back to football hierarchies and even United will lose a player of Real or Barcelona come knocking. But they don't actively operate a selling policy like us

Any bids for Baines or Barkley so far in this window...not seen any...so yet again another attempt at club bashing...

In that same way we've extended VvD, Bertrand and Forster. No different really. It's just the way you happen to look at it and for some reason you seem to prefer the methods of a club that likes to finish below us. Each to their own I suppose.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I must have dreamt Everton selling Rooney, Fellani , The bloke with the massive forehead , Jack Rodwell

If only we'd managed to keep hold of VvD , FF , Shane Long & Ryan B we could be like them .

All over a very long period of time

Complete nonsense . What are you suggesting we are standing still by extending VvD ,FF & Ryan B . Who do you suggest we bring in that would be better?

Are Liverpool standing still if Courtino signs an extension or Everton if Barclay does . I doubt there will be any supporters moaning about complacency if they did extend .

Sorry, I meant to say "Extensions without adding some new quality are all about standing still while other clubs advance"

Sorry, I meant to say "Extensions without adding some new quality are all about standing still while other clubs advance"

We've signed Redmond, Hojbjerg, Boufal - 3 additions of genuine quality in the team. And by all accounts, we're still active for at least 1 more.

So if you add those and all the huge extensions, it's not fair to label the ''we have no ambition' card at the club.

SFC extend contracts not to build or ensure continuity but to ensure they get maximum value when selling players.

If Everton or Liverpool extend a player contract for 5 years the supporters can look forward to watching said player for err 5 years minimum. We on the other hand..... 2 years max

2/10.

People need to stop rising to the bait. When we win a few games they will disappear again. A la Glasgow, where was he when we were doing well last season? Get a new manager, change a system and he's back like a rabid dog.

Him, Saint Charlie, Slugger etc.....are never in the same room together. hmm. Just saying.

SFC extend contracts not to build or ensure continuity but to ensure they get maximum value when selling players.

If Everton or Liverpool extend a player contract for 5 years the supporters can look forward to watching said player for err 5 years minimum. We on the other hand..... 2 years max

Except all the players they have sold, of course. And all the ones they've signed to long deals who no longer feature in their plans and just suck up wages before moving on for nothing. Which is basically all of them.

They couldn't give Baines away...

Club screwed up by failing to retain RK

Same as Club screwed up in 2004 when they failed to appoint Hoddle. Consequences then could be the same now.

That's a difficult one..

I , for one, was all for RK seeing out his contract but many others on here said that could not be allowed to happen...apparently every one of these professional footballers stop playing if the manager is in the last year of his contract.

Apparently we offered a contract (bizarrely as in January we were going to sack him anyway) but we could never offer the six million Everton offered.

So in reality the club couldn't win with the Koeman scenario..if he had stayed would people currently be on here saying the club were at fault as he was in the last year of his contract? Some (maybe not you) would be blaming Pelle, Wanyama and Mane leaving on RK being in his last year of his contract?

We could have course paid him 6 million pound a year to stay...however what would have been said if we had a poor start then? (Beside the fact that it would be mental for a club our size to pay that sort of money!)

That's a difficult one..

I , for one, was all for RK seeing out his contract but many others on here said that could not be allowed to happen...apparently every one of these professional footballers stop playing if the manager is in the last year of his contract.

Apparently we offered a contract (bizarrely as in January we were going to sack him anyway) but we could never offer the six million Everton offered.

So in reality the club couldn't win with the Koeman scenario..if he had stayed would people currently be on here saying the club were at fault as he was in the last year of his contract? Some (maybe not you) would be blaming Pelle, Wanyama and Mane leaving on RK being in his last year of his contract?

We could have course paid him 6 million pound a year to stay...however what would have been said if we had a poor start then? (Beside the fact that it would be mental for a club our size to pay that sort of money!)

We were never going to be held to ransom by someone. I was one of those against him seeing out his contract, all we'd have had every week would be stories linking him to new clubs next year, journo's asking the same question week after week.....so it was either take our offer, or go. He decided to go.

But surely people must ask 'why he didn't want to stay past his last year' yes I'm sure he's ambitious and eventually will take barca job. Was it a case of what most fans fear very little ambition and happy to just stay in EPL or simply an ego clash with Les, let's face it Roko was right about our youth no one is ready at least not yet, Les banged on about the Southampton way and formation, but that's up the swanney, along with youth if it was such a big deal why haven't Reed and Gallagher been given a chance, I think we would personally ended up with De Boar but feel his mate Ronald might well of had a word in his ear

The other thing to mention is that even if Koeman had stayed we'd have lost all the same players PLUS Tadic - how much worse (is it possible?) would this Summer's meltdown have been had that happened?

I wonder who the tits on here would've scapegoated for it?

We were never going to be held to ransom by someone. I was one of those against him seeing out his contract, all we'd have had every week would be stories linking him to new clubs next year, journo's asking the same question week after week.....so it was either take our offer, or go. He decided to go.

Whatever happened we were never, ever going to let RK go into the last season of his contract, and so it proved.

Perhaps .....the £5 million we got for letting him go to Everton tipped the balance?.....and I'm sure there must have been a little more for Erwin and Jan's contracts to move with him.

No. He wanted to go, we didn't sell him against his will.

Your thoughts please?

For me, why change a system to that has got us to last eight in last four years, saying we have too many fixtures because of Europa League.

We played a high pressing game for the last four years. Finishing top 8th.

For me, he is drab, shows no emotion or leadership. Is he out his depth?

Poch and Koeman oozed so much confidence when they came in, I haven't seen this with Puel.

Van Dijk post match interview today body language did not look good, not happy.

Puel's a knob. Should have never been given the job. I'm sticking by my prediction that he'll be gone before the end of the season. From what I've seen so far, I can't wait for him to **** off. If we carry on like we are we'll be bottom 3 after 10 games.

Puel's a knob. Should have never been given the job. I'm sticking by my prediction that he'll be gone before the end of the season. From what I've seen so far, I can't wait for him to **** off. If we carry on like we are we'll be bottom 3 after 10 games.

Oh the irony...

I love your predictions as they are mostly wrong....

:lol:

This time last year...

Without a doubt. A wasted opportunity. Something needs to change as this currently feels very similar to 2004 after Strachan left. It's like the Rupert Lowe era all over again. All I can think is that all the talk from the board about playing regular European football was just a load of hot air. As I've said before. Clubs who make it into Europe don't sell off their best players and try and replace on the cheap. It's not a business model that works.

We need to focus on staying up. That £10 I've got on RK not lasting the season at 50-1 looks like a very good bet.

You're not good at this prediction lark are you?

[apologies to Lennon-McCartney]

"Picture yourself on a pitch at St. Mary's

Red and white shirts, black shorts and red socks;

Someone sings out; you join in quite slowly:

'What is this big pile of boll-ocks?'

Plenty of players running about,

Pretending they know what to do;

Look for a team that can play 4-4-2 ...

But it's gone.

Puel's midfield is shaped like a diamond;

Puel's midfield is shaped like a diamond ...

Agh! "

[apologies to Lennon-McCartney]

"Picture yourself on a pitch at St. Mary's

Red and white shirts, black shorts and red socks;

Someone sings out; you join in quite slowly:

'What is this big pile of boll-ocks?'

Plenty of players running about,

Pretending they know what to do;

Look for a team that can play 4-4-2 ...

But it's gone.

Puel's midfield is shaped like a diamond ...

Agh! "

I sang this out loud and it's funny! Wish it would catch on at St Mary's