Puel

9-3

Funny how we were playing like a typical away side (i.e. with a defensive set up) in the first half yesterday but were still an absolute joy to watch. Felt like the players knew exactly what they were meant to be doing both defensively and when we had chance to move the ball and attack. Credit to the players who stayed calm in possession and worked the ball neatly in small spaces. Second half we lost it a bit in terms of going forward - we found it harder to pick up the right running lanes (not sure how to describe this, but the runs/angles weren't right, compared to the first half when it all clicked superbly), and as tiredness crept in we got a bit sloppy and desperate. Fortunately we remained excellent defensively.

I wonder if we could be a bit fitter. And we clearly struggle when teams sit back against us, but then doesn't every team? Even the likes of Arsenal and Man City can be frustrated. Those are the times you need your most creative players to pull something out the bag, but in when it comes to matches requiring organisation and structure, we look very good.

Funny how we were playing like a typical away side (i.e. with a defensive set up) in the first half yesterday but were still an absolute joy to watch. Felt like the players knew exactly what they were meant to be doing both defensively and when we had chance to move the ball and attack. Credit to the players who stayed calm in possession and worked the ball neatly in small spaces. Second half we lost it a bit in terms of going forward - we found it harder to pick up the right running lanes (not sure how to describe this, but the runs/angles weren't right, compared to the first half when it all clicked superbly), and as tiredness crept in we got a bit sloppy and desperate. Fortunately we remained excellent defensively.

I wonder if we could be a bit fitter. And we clearly struggle when teams sit back against us, but then doesn't every team? Even the likes of Arsenal and Man City can be frustrated. Those are the times you need your most creative players to pull something out the bag, but in when it comes to matches requiring organisation and structure, we look very good.

I think the first manager who introduced that counterattacking style was Udo Lattek. Before that, football tactics had always been about trying to dominate possession and territory. I must admit when I first saw it in action with Bayern Munich, it seemed a bit like cheating, as their opponents, including, funnily enough, Liverpool, had most of the possession and did most of the work but Bayern scored the goals. It's worked well for us this season against the big clubs, except in the Tottenham game. I guess Puel would have analysed that one and put things right.

How do two wins over a misfiring Liverpool side suddenly make Puel an amazing manager ?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I can't help it, he may have got us to Wembley but I dispise the man greatly. I have tried to like the guy, give him a chance but he is so disrespectful, to us fans, and the FA Cup. There was no need for 10 changes yesterday. I can't wait for the day he leaves the club.

I can't help it, he may have got us to Wembley but I dispise the man greatly. I have tried to like the guy, give him a chance but he is so disrespectful, to us fans, and the FA Cup. There was no need for 10 changes yesterday. I can't wait for the day he leaves the club.

Behave. With all the injuries and a cup final in 28 days he did exactly the correct thing yesterday. I am in the prioritize the cups camp but we still have to put on a good show in the league and WE ARE IN A FINAL

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

Perhaps he was helping his knackered and injured players and thinking of the big picture we do have another two games next week which we have a chance of winning

I'm almost lost for words here, what the hell are you on? You despise the man who has taken us to Wembley? Because he made the same number of changes to a team as the opposition did?

There's no such thing as a wrong opinion, eh?

I'm almost lost for words here, what the hell are you on? You despise the man who has taken us to Wembley? Because he made the same number of changes to a team as the opposition did?

There's no such thing as a wrong opinion, eh?

Every player we changed was poorer than the one they replaced. The opposition had Wellbeck, Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain out there.

I was shocked he brought him on, would have thought they'd want to rest him completely! The game was already won.

According to the bods on Sunday supplement a couple of weeks ago, Sanchez throws his toys out of his pram if he doesn't play. They claimed that there are rumours in the game that Wenger panders to him and won't tell him he's being rested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the bods on Sunday supplement a couple of weeks ago, Sanchez throws his toys out of his pram if he doesn't play. They claimed that there are rumours in the game that Wenger panders to him and won't tell him he's being rested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tbf no surprise. I don't see Ronaldo/Messi etc taking rests!

The best want to play constantly.

Don't get me wrong our run of form has been disappointing. But if we get away from the emotion of it all and look at it pragmatically then Puel could be the best thing for this club as he gives our academy players a chance and promotes them as well as doing well in the cups as well as being a manager for the long term.

If I was les reed, I would let Puel go back to the diamond for the next couple of games and the cup final and see how that goes. If not then I would consider replacing him.

I do think we pass the ball well but we don't dominate games like we should. Feel sorry for Puel as I don't think he's had it easy and this may be a case of a few factors that has led to this form rather than him being a bad manager.

Relegation has become a worry for the first time in years but I'm sure Les Reed knows what he's doing we and have to trust the club and give them a chance to turn this around.

Don't get me wrong our run of form has been disappointing. But if we get away from the emotion of it all and look at it pragmatically then Puel could be the best thing for this club as he gives our academy players a chance and promotes them as well as doing well in the cups as well as being a manager for the long term.

If I was les reed, I would let Puel go back to the diamond for the next couple of games and the cup final and see how that goes. If not then I would consider replacing him.

I do think we pass the ball well but we don't dominate games like we should. Feel sorry for Puel as I don't think he's had it easy and this may be a case of a few factors that has led to this form rather than him being a bad manager.

Relegation has become a worry for the first time in years but I'm sure Les Reed knows what he's doing we and have to trust the club and give them a chance to turn this around.

Jesus Christ...

Hi Les.

I've seen enough and think he needs to go. I just do not see what he brings apart from rotation, I think he has lost the players aswell they look disinterested we're going to end up doing a Aston Villa.

Lots of people said this when Black was appointed and got ridiculed

On the way back from the game. Maybe Puel should take responsibility for playing JRod who was inept, but he also threw Gabbiadini in who was excellent. Ultimately it wasn't tactics or style why we lost today. West Ham barely had an attack and yet we conceded three goals. What is Puel meant to do about the fact a team doesn't need more than a half chance to score against us?

The VVD interview was ominous. We can speculate all we like on here but that was hard evidence from the heart of the team - shockingly frank and not subject to the usual media-trained filter of platitudes and cliches.

I don't think that this Puel odyssey will end happily I'm afraid.

It gives me little comfort or pleasure to note I saw the writing on the wall back in August...

In all seriousness who would you suggest we bring in to replace him then?

So he's the best we could possibly get then and there is not one superior manager to Puel who would consider joining us. Didn't realise he was quite that good. Makes you wonder why we've only taken 3 points out of the last 21 if we have the best man for the job.

"Let Puel go back to the diamond"?

Is Les making first team tactical decisions now?