Jack Wilshere.... .oh really ?

david in sweden

Got to say, that could be the signing of the window if he stays fit. Considering the calibre of player and the size of the club signing him its quite amazing. Hats off to our neighbours.

Just goes to show what can be achieved if you have a manager with some initiative.

It does also give Howe the chance to "manage" a big name, and no doubt be looked at closely by the Arsenal board (ahead of seeking Wenger's replacement).

They've made a pretty ambitious signing relative to their station. You could say we've done the same with Boufal.

It's not really an achievement.

Hardly some brave, audacious coup out of the blue.

Wenger basically begging someone to take the boy off him like a Premier League Mr Bumble.

Bournemouth picked him up like a salmon roll in Yo! Sushi. Off the peg ready-to-sign player trundling along the deadline day conveyor belt.

And, he could turn out to be sh it.

It's not really an achievement.

Hardly some brave, audacious coup out of the blue.

Wenger basically begging someone to take the boy off him like a Premier League Mr Bumble.

Bournemouth picked him up like a salmon roll in Yo! Sushi. Off the peg ready-to-sign player trundling along the deadline day conveyor belt.

And, he could turn out to be sh it.

True. I do think it's a pretty big coup for a club like Bournemouth though.

Like I said. Depends on what happens. If we have shelled out and he gets injured straight away, then we look like mugs. If he stays fit all year and helps us stay up..that's £5 million well spent.

Certainly adds added to edge to each match we play...sharp intake of breath with each heavy challenge he takes!

Like I said. Depends on what happens. If we have shelled out and he gets injured straight away, then we look like mugs. If he stays fit all year and helps us stay up..that's £5 million well spent.

Certainly adds added to edge to each match we play...sharp intake of breath with each heavy challenge he takes!

It doesn't even need a heavy challenge. J Rod and Frazer Forster both wrecked their acl without anyone touching them. Wilshere is a good player, no doubt about that, but he's so injury prone that you can't help wondering if that's why arsenal wanted to farm him out on loan.

It doesn't even need a heavy challenge. J Rod and Frazer Forster both wrecked their acl without anyone touching them. Wilshere is a good player, no doubt about that, but he's so injury prone that you can't help wondering if that's why arsenal wanted to farm him out on loan.

Yep - Well if any club should know about ACL's it's us! I think they probably think he'll break down again.

One things for sure...if he plays really well for us and stays injury free, questions will be asked about their physio staff, training methods, etc, perhaps even Wenger's handling of young English players? Depending on how well folk perceive how well Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain to have faired since they left you.

I think the choice of Bournemouth as a loan destination for Jack sounded a bit unusual, (to say the least) but with Eddie Howe being one of the favourite names to replace Wenger (when his contract goes out next summer) maybe it isn't so daft, and finding someone who can handle Jack could be a good test for him.

I always felt that Jack was a bit of a loose cannon for Wenger, who didn't really know how to handle him, but if Jack has a good season, and stays out of the treatment room ......AND Bournemouth finish near top half, then Eddie will have the job on a plate when he goes to The Emirates and takes a new and revived Wilshere with him.

On the other hand...I wonder how Eddie will react the next time he catches JW having a quick drag behind the toilets after training? :x

Edited by david in sweden

Any sweep on when he firsts breaks down?? I'll go for 2nd competitive game.

That seems a little cruel on a young guy who is probably living through hell with injury after injury. He can't help being built the way he is and there must be times when he gets really depressed about his own prospects of having a half decent career in football. He is not responsible for all the hype that seems to surround his very move publicly or privately, maybe the ciggies are a relatively innocuous way of releasing some of that stress and his move to Bournemouth gives him a chance to recover without the glare of the unrelenting criticism of the London Journos.

That seems a little cruel on a young guy who is probably living through hell with injury after injury. He can't help being built the way he is and there must be times when he gets really depressed about his own prospects of having a half decent career in football. He is not responsible for all the hype that seems to surround his very move publicly or privately, maybe the ciggies are a relatively innocuous way of releasing some of that stress and his move to Bournemouth gives him a chance to recover without the glare of the unrelenting criticism of the London Journos.

How touching :cry: ...sure the £££££££££££ per week makes up for "living through hell" lol

Cruel? Pah, grow a pair. It's the truth hence why he has been sent on loan in the first place. He's being paid by Bournemouth £80k a week, and no doubt some more by Arsenal. Let's say that it is ONLY £80k a week, that's a mere 154 times the average national wage, or maybe you think he is entitled to a long well paid career?

Really ....I've no wish to be seen to criticise your obvious concern for young Jack's well-being, and ..if it were another player ..I might even agree with you.

However, I (rightly /wrongly) formed the opinion some while ago that Wilshere was a typical London " Jack the Lad," who although he undoubtedly possess talent for the game, doesn't take life so seriously and that the "smoking habit " is something he really should have kicked a long time ago, if he is to become the superstar that some journos claim he is / will become. A sportsman, (any sportsperson) has a priority to put their health first and that any "habit" ...be it Tobacco, Alcohol ..or any sort of pill ...or powder... does nothing to improve their performances.

I wish him no harm, but really think he has already come " a bridge too far " in terms of his fitness and career prospects ....but nevertheless is not starving on the streets, or having difficulty in paying his mortgage(s).

His inclusion in the Euro squad was a shock to me ..for a player who had played only twice in a year, and (apparantly) was nowhere near match fit.

It was a desperate move for Roy Hodgson to include him in the first place when there were other candidates who were more worthy of a place who were fit.

I noticed little direct criticism from the media, who quite the contrary, seem to think he would / could inevitably be a match-winner, and must not be ignored.

I can only assume that Hodgson felt "under pressure " from the media to include Jack....and to play him in the team. We saw the result in the final games.

Sorry to contradict your genuine concern, but that's my opinion. In this matter, I would love to be proven wrong, but I'm not going to hold my breath in the meantime.

Edited by david in sweden